Anyone dislike the volggers content?

MorphinePrince

I used to be really into all types of vloggers (not just Disney specific), but in the last few years I've lost interest in most of them. That's not to say there are some that still put out good content, I'm just not rushing to watch their next YouTube clip.

The_Jobu

Anyone else notice that basically every vlogger got an invite to the Happily Ever After party except the Trackers?

Do you think they couldn't be bothered, or are they off the comp-train?

mergatroid

Anyone else notice that basically every vlogger got an invite to the Happily Ever After party except the Trackers?

Do you think they couldn't be bothered, or are they off the comp-train?
I'm 99% sure they did. During their 3 night (at $1,200 per night) stay at the GF I'm sure Tim says he's got an invite to a media desert party but he either doesn't film it, or it's edited out by Jenn before being uploaded. He filmed HEA, just not the food bit.

The_Jobu

I'm 99% sure they did. During their 3 night (at $1,200 per night) stay at the GF I'm sure Tim says he's got an invite to a media desert party but he either doesn't film it, or it's edited out by Jenn before being uploaded. He filmed HEA, just not the food bit.

Ah, I missed the part when he mentioned an invite.

Jimmy Thick

Personally I feel the whole "vlogging/influencer" garbage has completely run its course and has become an embarrassment upon WDW for those who continue to do it. My recent trip saw people walking around carelessly speaking into their phones and in some cases bumping into people.

Is that supposed to be accepted behavior at a theme park?

I believe in people recording and documenting a family experience for eternity, I'm not too fond of people recording themselves stuffing their faces to make a buck on Youtube.

Jimmy Thick- Stream on Twitch not Youtube you make far more money, easy six figures if you know what you're doing!

castlecake2.0

now one of them is complaining about how their medicine costs so much money, maybe they shouldn’t have quit their job that had medical benefits.

COrunner

This was one of the main reasons I moved away from the Trackers. It definitely became a different type of vlog and I feel they are appealing to families (which by the YT algorithm is getting young kid eyeballs and views). Nothing wrong with it as they are trying to maximize the return on their investment in their content/revenue.

I've found myself usually watching DFB, Ordinary Adventures but mostly looking at less Vlogger content and more info (Expedition Theme park, Offhand Disney, Defunctland)

DfromATX

From what I've noticed watching the trackers, and many others. Is the reluctance to just say something is bad. You can tell they really don't like something but you get the song and dance, well it's good I just like this a bit more ... It just feels, to me anyway, they are afraid to really be critical of Disney in fear of losing the comps. I won't say they never are critical, but more often than not, they put an overly positive spin on things. Even when you can tell whatever it was, really wasn't enjoyed by them.

Agree with you there, except maybe AJ at dfb, most of them sugar coat it no matter what and to me, that makes them less trust worthy.

tanc

The trackers are one of the few I can even think of as OG vloggers of Disney. They've been to many parks, including Tokyo and also do different parks like Universal or SeaWorld.

IanDLBZF

TheDailyWoo and SeeYaReelSoon are my favorite Disney Vloggers to be fair.
TheDailyWoo goes really beyond Disney to almost everywhere in the country, and he used to be an Urban Explorer for that regards. And he's been to both DLR and WDW. And also both Universal Parks (USH, and UOR).

Scrooged

I’m not here to defend or condone park vlogging as I have mixed emotions about a lot of it. I’ve followed the Trackers for years and it’s been fun “growing up” with them. However it irks me that the veneer of “normal promotion” and “paid promotion” is so thin and lazy.

My oldest son is autistic and he lives and breathes amusement parks. It’s his thing. Name a ride in the United States he can tell you the name of the manufacturer, the build date, capacity per hour- etc etc. since we live in the Midwest and are of average middle class income, we can’t visit all the time. He gets his fill through the vlogs on a regular basis. So I can understand the true love for some of these people.

That having been said I have a real problem with bloggers like The Carpetbagger who will go to a park and ride two rides that are just dark rides and call it a day. You got my click, bro. Do some stuff. Don’t ride “Boo Blasters on Boo Hill” twice and make it sound like you spent an awesome day at Kings Island.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom