Anyone dislike the volggers content?

Chip Chipperson

I actually wonder how many of those shots are actually her? She lives in Texas so clearly isn't going to be in the parks every week, so I assume she has others doing a lot of the work.

She has mentioned in the past that there is a whole team that works there - which is especially necessary when the food festivals start since they want to review every item at every booth on Day 1. There aren't enough Tums in the world for 1 person to do that alone.

mergatroid

She recently did some vlogs of different theme parks in England that were really cool.
Yes, her boyfriend's English and she was recently over here visiting parks. Thought she was very complimentary on our parks. I'm not being snobby but Blackpool Pleasure Beach and it's hotel is a million miles away from Disney World and staying onsite, yet she appreciated the differences and didn't put Blackpool down. She realises the differences and looks at the positives without expecting or criticising the lack of theming.

Noticed she's friends with Nate from 'Paging Mr Morrow'. Interestingly I recently decided to watch some of his early stuff as I'd only discovered him this year. In his very early stuff he was married and hosted with his wife, though his 'persona' was rather different. I don't know if it was nerves or confidence, but he wasn't the gregarious and lively individual we see now with that unique laugh.

Last edited:

GLM

I find you can usually tell by the title or intro of say the Trackers vlogs what they're about. I have zero interest in watching other peoples kids buying a tricycle etc, so I just don't watch those ones. It doesn't anger me that they make them though, they've always made none theme park "Ooh today I'm cleaning bird excrement off the roof" vlogs, which I used to ignore also. They're still very popular though so good luck to them and I hope if when the child is older, he doesn't feel forced into doing stuff if he doesn't enjoy it.

I've only this year got into AJ's DFB which I enjoy, however I think I'll get to the point where they get a little repetitive but I've got the choice to stop watching when that happens.

4K WDW is quite enjoyable I find. There's no commentary or shots of the person filming. Just pure footage of everything Disney. Not one to watch every day but sometimes it's just nice to watch footage of walking around the MK with no talking or telling you about anything, just purely visual.
Love 4K WDW.. beautiful videos

Dan Deesnee

I remember reading recently also that when you're self-employed you need to make about two times what someone would make at a normal big corporation to essentially equal what that normal job would pay. I can't remember every factor but I know that health insurance costs and retirement benefits were big.

I can tell you from my own experience with the 401k match my employer is essentially giving me about $20,000 a year in free money. I am then gaining dividends every year and that money is increasing in value, generally. Over the past 15 years they have essentially given me an absolute bare minimum a quarter million dollars not factoring in any asset price increases and dividends.

I can also tell you that my health insurance costs would be astronomically higher than they are now. I pay about $400 bucks a month for my family of 7. Ultra cheap co-pays, etc.

This doesn't even factor in jobs that pay you per mile driven like mine, $60 a month internet credit, $2,000 a year in gym memberships and health and wellness credit, the list goes on.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Preach GIF
Looking at her nails she has a gel manicure at least. Probably an overlay to prevent broken nails while on location. Not that I ever looked closely.
How could you not look? It’s the only thing I see. Burned in. I end up yelling “pink bunnies!!!” When my kids have it on.
I actually wonder how many of those shots are actually her? She lives in Texas so clearly isn't going to be in the parks every week, so I assume she has others doing a lot of the work.
Story is out..

good story actually. Was a school teacher or something and used to fly in on like a Friday night and film for 36 hours straight once a month...then fly back cut it and post it.

I think it’s a full time gig now...good for her. Give the genius a lot of credit.

there are some other vloggers who have a look of “I have no other options than to work at magic kingdom or volcano bay...” on their faces at all times.
it’s a thin veneer of confidence/privilege over a solid basis of fear.

Make sure you click the like button and visit our sponsors in the links below 👍🏻

Figgy1

Premium Member
How could you not look? It’s the only thing I see. Burned in. I end up yelling “pink bunnies!!!” When my kids have it on.

Story is out..

good story actually. Was a school teacher or something and used to fly in on like a Friday night and film for 36 hours straight once a month...then fly back cut it and post it.

I think it’s a full time gig now...good for her. Give the genius a lot of credit.

there are some other vloggers who have a look of “I have no other options than to work at magic kingdom or volcano bay...” on their faces at all times.

Make sure you click the like button and visit our sponsors in the links below 👍🏻
Good for her!!!!!!!!!!!
For me to notice nails it has to be a bit more out there. I post mine in the girly girl thread ;) Currently sporting hot pink marble with silver touches.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I wanted to get into vlogging (sorry everyone lol), and I feel like it would work to my advantage knowing what every loves and dislikes about current popular vloggers.

Sort of impossible with a cat & dog, plus a baby on the way though.

My lady and I watch Adam the Woo often. Mickey Views usually has a good take on Disney changes, unlike DSNY & ThemeParkObsession and many others who get way too excited over what I consider to be often-terrible changes.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I wanted to get into vlogging (sorry everyone lol), and I feel like it would work to my advantage knowing what every loves and dislikes about current popular vloggers.

Sort of impossible with a cat & dog, plus a baby on the way though.

My lady and I watch Adam the Woo often. Mickey Views usually has a good take on Disney changes, unlike DSNY & ThemeParkObsession and many others who get way too excited over what I consider to be often-terrible changes.
The Capet Bagger is similar to Adam, and they often go places together.

Fable McCloud

I enjoy DFB, the Carpetbagger, OffHand Disney, Expedition Theme Park, and Defunctland. Yesterworld is also fabulous. Theme Park Crazy. TPM Vids. Fastpass Facts. There are so many to pick from and they all have fun and engaging content. If it's repetitive, you can always skip the video. But then again, we all go back to WDW and do the same things over and over (along with new things) so I guess we all like a little bit of repetition. 😅

bhg469

Story is out..

Shes also a bills fan so shes got that going for her!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Between west 72nd and 59th. And that won’t get you far.

see...you don’t have it right.

what’s reasonable is to spend $15,000 for a week in a poly “club level” with “premium experience” upsells...

...then spend the other 358 days holed up back at the house on Mac and Cheese.

I joke...but I have gotten the sneaking suspicion that it’s “a thing” for many of our diehards over the years. Fire the whole wad at once 😳

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom