Anyone dined inTeppanyaki recently?

lentesta

Premium Member
imamouse - yes! I forgot about the salad being absent. I'll pass that on to our dining crew for the next review.

hls1023, if you gave everyone a choice between Teppanyaki and Le Cellier, I think the vast majority would choose Le Cel. The menu is creative, the service is prompt and friendly, and jeez, the food is just good. In the 2006 Unofficial Guide (due out in a couple of weeks), it's tied for #1 in terms of reader satisfaction for all WDW sit-down restaurants. The other restaurant is, IIRC, California Grill. At one TS meal in the dining plan, it's among the best bargains Disney's ever offered. And it's a personal favorite.

Hope this helps.

Len

wannabeBelle

imamouse said:
Len - my thoughts exactly.

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet - Teppanyaki has stopped including the tossed green salad with the ginger dressing (which I love) with the meal. They now bring you 5 slices of rather sad, wilted looking pickle and if you want the salad you have to order it ala carte. What a let down! Couple that with not accepting the DDE card, and I have to pass. I agree with Belle - Le Cellier beats Teppanyaki hands down!
Hey ImaMouse I had no idea about the salad not being a part of the meal any longer!!!!!!!! I know what you mean about the wilted looking pickled seaweed stuff but I hadnt realized about the salad!!! The last time I was there it was for lunch and I just thought it wasnt included because it was lunch and not dinner!!!! Thanks for the additional info!!!
Hey Len or anyone else who can answer, Any thoughts on why Teppanyaki is not a part of the DDE program when it seems EVERY place else is???? I mean we even have Victoria & Albert's!!!! 20% there is a big deal so I could see why that it would not be accepted, but it is!!!! I have said it before and I will say it again. I think Disney should put their foot down on this one. If Mitsukoshi refuses to play along, the next time that the pavilion comes up for contracts refuse to re-negotiate with them!!! Or if it not done by contract give them a set amount of time to either accept the discounts or leave!!!! As I said I can think of a great many companies that would love to have that spot for a restuarant/ shopping area. Belle

LesaGirlWalton

hmmm, sad sad sad

I'm so disappointed, although thankful, for the reviews of Teppanyaki. We love this style of Japanese cooking and had definitely planned to eat there. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope within the next 9 months it will improve. hmmmmm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom