Anyone changing or cancelling their trip due to Corona?

EdnaMode

We cancelled for the end of this month for Hong Kong/Shanghai because our flights were cancelled. So we rebooked at WDW for later this month, and also have a May reservation at WDW, and we're keeping both on the books for now. We'd love to rebook HK/Shanghai for late this year if that works out, but not super optimistic about it right now.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

I leave in almost 10 days for my trip. I already paid my airfare (they are not refunding fares) and rented DVC points, so I have no choice to go regardless. I'm also booked for June in a similar situation (airfare paid but refundable and DVC points rented).

Upvote 0

BeautyBelle

We cancelled our APR 2020 trip. NOV 2020 still on the books.
This was a DVC Reservation - so important to cancel with 30 days to keep points.

What amazed us - DELTA AIRLINES was kind enough to refund our "non-refundable" airfare. They did not have to do this - but DELTA "gets it". We are never going to any other Airline :).
Did they full out refund your money, or just let you rebook with no change fee? I only ask because my mom called them on Thursday because she can't come on our trip next week. They wouldn't refund her money but they are letting her rebook by October with no fee. But if you found a better answer I might encourage her to call again.

Upvote 0

Raineman

We will be headed to the Orlando area on Friday (not a Disney trip, just relaxing around the pool at a vacation home in Davenport), and we have no plans to cancel. Besides, according to the people in the know, the virus hates sunlight, humidity and heat, and given that the week and a half we will be in Florida the weather will be temps into the low 90s every day and sunny, I think we might be OK (still doing the washing hands and not touching the face thing, too).

Upvote 0

Nottamus

Two weeks away. We do drive in from NJ, so at least we don't have to deal with airport, or planes.

Haven't cancelled. We are watching, waiting. There are reports of two confirmed cases in the town I live.

I do not think we will cancel, but two weeks in this thing is a long time.....a LOT can happen

Upvote 0

Mander

In the Parks
No
We're booked for May 1st-9th. Still planning on going but feeling pretty uneasy about it, honestly. There are just so many unknowns! We likely won't decide until the week before, if we end up needing to decide. We also have our first Disney Cruise booked in November but hopefully things will be alright by then.

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Did they full out refund your money, or just let you rebook with no change fee? I only ask because my mom called them on Thursday because she can't come on our trip next week. They wouldn't refund her money but they are letting her rebook by October with no fee. But if you found a better answer I might encourage her to call again.

We were flat out refunded. But our trip was supposed to be APR20 - APR28. As I understant recent News posts, Delta is doing this for Domestic Travel with MARCH and APRIL dates.

For us - Delta was VERY kind. They did not need to do this with non-refundable tickets. Our refund showed up on our CC today.

Now- of note? This policy got announced MARCH 9. If you called BEFORE this? Consider calling again?

Upvote 0

Lilofan

Nope.. Not changing plans, not panicking, not cancelling a thing. Will go prepared and take precautions and will enjoy our time. Keep those votes on cancelling trips coming in....they will make for a more enjoyable trip with less crowds.
If the parks take a hit on guest traffic and are actually still open, look for shortened park operating hours and or condensed park offerings.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

If the parks take a hit on guest traffic and are actually still open, look for shortened park operating hours and or condensed park offerings.
Still not an issue for me. I'll still get more done in the parks, even with limited hours, and be enjoying Disney. I can find things to do at the resort, at DS, or other sites. Better than being at home hiding in a dark room quaking in fear.

Upvote 0

Msinnott43

I leave Sunday just saw I could get plane tickets Chicago to orlando RT for my dates 52$. So tempted to cancel my plane tickets and rebook. I would have to drive 3 hours to Chicago each way but for the savings of 1300$ it may be worth it.

Upvote 0

BeautyBelle

We were flat out refunded. But our trip was supposed to be APR20 - APR28. As I understant recent News posts, Delta is doing this for Domestic Travel with MARCH and APRIL dates.

For us - Delta was VERY kind. They did not need to do this with non-refundable tickets. Our refund showed up on our CC today.

Now- of note? This policy got announced MARCH 9. If you called BEFORE this? Consider calling again?
Thanks! I'm going to have her call again. She called before March 9.

Upvote 0

DimpledDevil18

Our trip isn’t scheduled until mid-end August, but my Dad is nervous about this whole thing and is nervous about flying and everything. I feel that August is still a long way off and a lot can change by then. Southwest is releasing our travel dates for sale within the next few days and we aren’t sure if we should book now or wait.

To be honest though if anything is going to cancel our trip it’s the fact that I just started a new job this week(one I wasn’t factoring on getting when we booked) and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to take the time unpaid since my vacation time kicks in after 6 months which I’ll be just shy of. We will see. If I can’t get the time off we will probably just postpone for next year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom