Anyone changing or cancelling their trip due to Corona?

Changing your travel plans due to CoVid-19

  • Yes, plan on changing some things

    Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Yes plan on cancelling.

    Votes: 12 10.8%
  • No, going forward with the plans.

    Votes: 82 73.9%
  • other, just in case.

    Votes: 12 10.8%

  • Total voters
    111

BubbaisWoke

Active Member
I had a trip planned in April directly after Coachella. Once Coachella got postponed, I made my Disneyland trip the following weekend. I’m glad I was planning on driving down as I can cancel the hotel easily if this outbreak doesn’t get better. Quite a bummer that both of my April trips might not happen but I’ll enjoy saving the money. I told my friends our credit should be perfect since we can go anywhere for a while haha
 

WDW_Emily

Well-Known Member
Advertisement
My boyfriend and I are supposed to go down April 18th-25th. We are waiting until April 1st to see where the world is at. As of right now, I am out of work for 2 weeks (school teacher) and he is still working as a cook in the Boston area for now. Massachusetts currently is in 4th place for the most cases. We don't know what lies ahead in our state or if we will even be able to travel. Neither one of us is at high risk (besides the fact that I have asthma) so if the parks are open and cases are on the decline or have flatlined, we will go. If not we will reschedule for July or August.
 

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I canceled my trip at the end of April, honestly it’s for the best though because my mom is moving to Winter Haven in June and I’m going to drive down and help her for a couple days and then go to the parks. So it moved my trip back a couple months but it’s not a huge deal.
 

Mander

Well-Known Member
In the Parks
No
Just booked a backup reservation for May 30-June 6. Very much so doubt our May 2-9 trip will happen. Not even sure these new dates will work but figured we'd take the chance.

Not quite ready to fully cancel the first one but I'm getting there...
 

fizzieee

Well-Known Member
This is what the MDE app currently says when you open it:

Disney World COVID-19.PNG

I'm trying to be optimistic. I have a trip scheduled for April 25th through May 2nd with tickets to Villains After Hours on May 1st (which happens to be my boyfriend's birthday). I'm really really hoping they will open back up on April 1st.
 

ChanceH

Active Member
My boyfriend and I are supposed to go down April 18th-25th. We are waiting until April 1st to see where the world is at. As of right now, I am out of work for 2 weeks (school teacher) and he is still working as a cook in the Boston area for now. Massachusetts currently is in 4th place for the most cases. We don't know what lies ahead in our state or if we will even be able to travel. Neither one of us is at high risk (besides the fact that I have asthma) so if the parks are open and cases are on the decline or have flatlined, we will go. If not we will reschedule for July or August.
my family has these same dates booked and we are doing the exact same thing. Waiting to see if the parks reopen or extend the closure. If they reopen were going.
 

RevRemy

Member
We decided to reschedule our mid April trip to the fall. It hurts but we know it will be for the best. The last thing we wanted to do was to rebook at the last minute and not be able to get the Fastpasses and ADRs that we saw as making our trip perfect. This has also forced us to go at a time when our kids would be in school, but its all we can to do recover a trip that we have planned and saved for.
 

Mander

Well-Known Member
In the Parks
No
We decided to reschedule our mid April trip to the fall. It hurts but we know it will be for the best. The last thing we wanted to do was to rebook at the last minute and not be able to get the Fastpasses and ADRs that we saw as making our trip perfect. This has also forced us to go at a time when our kids would be in school, but its all we can to do recover a trip that we have planned and saved for.
We're about there ourselves. Looking at re-booking for January of 2021 as hopefully that is far enough out to be past all of this. Don't really want to go in the heat of the summer and have other plans for the fall. I'm disappointed obviously but it is what is. Thankful my family is in a pretty secure place right now. I really feel for those who aren't.

Now to wait on Disney to cancel early May so we can hopefully get refunds on our After Hours tickets.
 

HkPro

New Member
We are booked for the end of June. I'm hopeful we will be able to travel then, but the trip is for my parents 50th Anniversary. So my fear is that they will still be saying to limit travel for the elderly at that time. It would feel really crappy to go on their big anniversary trip without then. I'm waiting until May to make any more payments though. I had just booked our flights like 9 days ago, too.
 

Minthorne

Well-Known Member
June trip with SW flights and AP rate room at Pop so easy to cancel.
September trip is 8 nights DVC with flights book - hoping things are back open by then
New Years Eve 3 nights DVC at boardwalk followed by Jan cruise on the Dream with no flights yet - far enough out I haven't thought yet...
 
Top Bottom