Anybody seen the Ghosts at the end of TOT?

NeedABreak

Original Poster
On our last trip to WDW my soon to be wife and I must have road TOT at least a dozen times (her favorite ride) and we had something happen to us only once the whole time. I have checked a few fan sites and searched the forums here but nobody else has mentioned it.

After the drop when you go all the way down to the bottem sometimes you will see the window break and then you are sent back up for another drop. Well when we went down the screen showed the ghosts from the coridor scene waveing at us and we were sent back up for what felt like another complete cycle through the drop.

Anybody else seen this?

I rode Tower of Terror 9 times in a row last trip (early March) and I (believe) I saw the ghosts every trip. Maybe its just a matter of keeping your eyes open??

NeedABreak

Original Poster
I had my eyes open, I just got done watching 3 diffrent ride videos from other sites to see if anybody else had seen it. Nothing yet.

Your not thinking of the ghosts in the coridor are you?

NeedABreak said:
I had my eyes open, I just got done watching 3 diffrent ride videos from other sites to see if anybody else had seen it. Nothing yet.

Your not thinking of the ghosts in the coridor are you?

That might be it...Now that I think about it harder (I have such an awful memory, lol) I think I kind of remember seeing what you're talking about....they really creeped me out. Did they almost look like they were just kind of in between floors?

NeedABreak

Original Poster
Not really between floors. Maybe I am not explaning this very well.

After you go through the drops and it takes you all the way down you see 1) the twilight zone spiral spining in front of you which means that the ride is over, or 2) the window breaking which means your going back up for another drop, or 3) these ghosts I am talking about. We had to have done another three or four drops after we saw them.

NeedABreak said:
Not really between floors. Maybe I am not explaning this very well.

After you go through the drops and it takes you all the way down you see 1) the twilight zone spiral spining in front of you which means that the ride is over, or 2) the window breaking which means your going back up for another drop, or 3) these ghosts I am talking about. We had to have done another three or four drops after we saw them.

No, I'm sure you're explaining it fine, I just honestly have the worst memory on earth. From what you've said, I believe I've seen what you're talking about at least once, because I remember that it really freaked me out, lol. Gosh, now I want to go reride so I can remember it better

napnet

I've seen like when your dropping an outline of 2 figures in white that i just figured was a few CMs watching people drop...

dolbyman

nope .. on my trip I had that breaking window version .. but the screen showed the twilight twirl (also available on video)

Tigger Time

When I rode it yesterday I didn't notice it on either occasion . . . I wanna be back in Florida, England is cold :( . And I'm tired from the flight, nighty night.

Disney_Princess

Tell you what, rode TOT loads of times and have never even noticed the window break but have sen the swirl.

Must have been still wiping the tears from my eyes or still had them closed when that happens.

Must look when i go back, 25 days and counting :sohappy:

xx

rangerbob

I believe that there are 4 different cycles it might be 3 though. I've heard that the suprise ending (the ghost sequence) is the most rare. In all the rides that I've done I've never experienced it yet. I think I must have done 50 - 100 drops maybe more since it opened and changed.

olive10tails

Last May was the only time my husband and I saw the ghosts. We dropped a little, then shot back up, saw the ghosts and finished the sequence. It seemed longer than other times. We got off the ride and talked about how much we loved it and it was a nice twist we had never seen and we hope to get that sequence again. It must not cycle through too many times-we ride a lot and experienced it only once.

cdunbar

I go to MGM every year riding TOT at least 2x's a trip and that proably comes out to riding it about 20 or so times but I have only seen what u r referring to ONCE! That one time was the very first time I ever rode:veryconfu

totodog

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but it was my understanding that there are actually 7 different drop sequences. I've seen the window breaking at the end sequence, the place where you see two 'highlighted' figures (more like mannequens), and the ghost sequence of the people in the elevator.

DisneyDellsDude

Yeah, you probably saw them because I remember reading on here about a year ago something about ghosts in the elevator shaft as you're droping.

Can't wait to go in November!

DisneyFreak777

I know with out a doubt that Ive seen this...I was at Disney in April on a marching band trip...Me and a bunch of buddies ventured over to MGM and did ride TOT and I remember seeing this. I was a little suprised by it because Id never seen it before (usually the spiral and the window breaking)...I cant remember how the sequence went after seeing it but do remember some what of an unsually long ride. Hope this helped...

BuzzComplexCM

NeedABreak said:
On our last trip to WDW my soon to be wife and I must have road TOT at least a dozen times (her favorite ride) and we had something happen to us only once the whole time. I have checked a few fan sites and searched the forums here but nobody else has mentioned it.

After the drop when you go all the way down to the bottem sometimes you will see the window break and then you are sent back up for another drop. Well when we went down the screen showed the ghosts from the coridor scene waveing at us and we were sent back up for what felt like another complete cycle through the drop.

Anybody else seen this?

I have seen this a few times, but not all the time. My gf and I used to always keep an eye out for it, and our eyes are always open. I'd say in ten times riding TOT, I saw it 3-4 times. It's only in one of the shafts I believe. That, and do remember, never the same fear twice....

kcnole

I've never seen any of that, but it's probably because my eyes are shut the entire time and I'm screaming like a girl.

CoffeeJedi

i've gotten the waving ghosts video projection once
i don't think i've ever gotten the ghost figures lit up though. i've seen the pics, they look like clear plastic, do they light up from within, or have a cool lightning effect or anything?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom