Anybody have or know were I can see PoTC rehab pics?

M:SpilotISTC12

Original Poster
Im looking for rehab pics. Im curious to what is going on. So if anybody knows a link or has pics can you please post them. Thanks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Indeed. A few non-show area interior pics were made available, but the Mouse Police requested them removed.

M:SpilotISTC12

Original Poster
Blasted.I want to see what the Jack Sparrow AA looks like. Im very afraid of this rehab. I feel that they are ruining the classic I just hope that isnt too bad that is why Im looking for pics.

ballewclan

They don't normally release any pics of rides undergoing refurbs, and the insider pics usually aren't that good or are taken down soon after...

disneydata

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
Blasted.I want to see what the Jack Sparrow AA looks like. Im very afraid of this rehab. I feel that they are ruining the classic I just hope that isnt too bad that is why Im looking for pics.
He looks pretty good, although he doesn't have any hair right now ... :zipit: Don't worry, they are not ruining the ride. They are giving it exactly what it needs, a refresher.

Lee

Adventurer
disneydata said:
He looks pretty good, although he doesn't have any hair right now ...
Nice! I'd like to see him that way.:lol:
In a related note, I happened to be in the AA shop the other day and stumbled on a large pile of......PIRATE HANDS!:eek:

ScrapIron

Here on the left coast, security is tight. Reportedly there will be no soft openings or previews except to CMs that agree to be searched for cameras.

Cheers.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
M:SpilotISTC12 said:

I heard the face looks very good. Possibly a new method of scanning the real life counterpart. If so, with all the associated R&D, hopefully we may see a reinvestment in AAs.

AEfx

marni1971 said:
I heard the face looks very good. Possibly a new method of scanning the real life counterpart. If so, with all the associated R&D, hopefully we may see a reinvestment in AAs.

From your lips to the mouse's ears.

We need more dark rides and more AA's...that's what the Disney magic is about for many.

AEfx

All I have been hearing (over and over) of the Jack Sparrow AAs is that it looks so much like Johnny Depp that it is fooling people, even up close and even people who are used to seeing AAs and can usually spot the difference. I've heard that a couple different "higher-ups" have said the same thing to WDI during these testing days which is "You guys didn't have to put Johnny in a barrell to demonstrate what it's going to look like." Of course they find out that it's actually the AA. That may just be a story going around backstage Adventureland but I've heard it several times.

yensidtlaw1969

PirateJeffWDW said:
All I have been hearing (over and over) of the Jack Sparrow AAs is that it looks so much like Johnny Depp that it is fooling people, even up close and even people who are used to seeing AAs and can usually spot the difference. I've heard that a couple different "higher-ups" have said the same thing to WDI during these testing days which is "You guys didn't have to put Johnny in a barrell to demonstrate what it's going to look like." Of course they find out that it's actually the AA. That may just be a story going around backstage Adventureland but I've heard it several times.
This excites me.

Yensid "No, that wasn't sarcasm :D " tlaw1969

jcldtrek

Heres a question. just came back from disney and was wondering what their doin in the front section of pirates in caribbean plaza. its not where the entrance is. its the left corner section thats all blocked off and has the movie posters on it. was wondering what their doin in that section. the rest of the area looks just like it did except for the sign missing for the ride above the entrance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom