Anybody Ever Get Engaged at WDW?!

NORMNB8S

I proposed to my fiance December 12, 2008 on Main Street by the large MK Christmas tree with the castle in the background. We had just arrived at MK and we waited in line for a photopass photographer. We did the usual pictures with us smiling and holding Tinkerell and everything and then I asked the photographer if she could take one more picture. She said "sure, what do you want to do?" and I pulled the ring out of my jacket and dropped to one knee. The rest is a blur, but she said yes. We got lots of great pictures from the proposal and afterwards, they gave us free bride and groom Mickey ears. Here are two of my favorite shots from the proposal.

DisneyPhotoImage54.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage49.jpg

snookie5605

marriage proposal

we got engaged at disney july of 2006. we were on vacation with my family and not staying on disney property. he kept on insisting that we go to magic kingdom while we were down there and he also wanted to go alone, not with the whole family. i then found out they all knew about it anyway.
so we get in there surprisingly with the wdw resort people for extra magic hours and we were going to go get on a ride, but he insisted on going to the castle, since as he said "that's your favorite place here, let's go there first". so we went and we were standing on the bridge just looking at the ducks in the pond below us, when he pulls out a box and said "i love you so much and since we're in your favorite place, i wanted to ask you to marry me" of course he was nervous and embarrassed and forgot to get down on one knee (which i have yet to let him forget), and he proposed.

of course i said yes and that was one of the most magical days of my life. and from then on, my obsession has been with disney and cinderella. as you can see from my profile picture, the wedding was a cinderella wedding and that was my wedding cake with the castle on top! all of the favors and card box and invitations were cinderella. i even walked down the aisle to "a dream is a wish your heart makes" instead of the traditional wedding march. all of our dinner music was disney love songs. it was awesome!

Chrononymous

Not me...
But my brother proposed to his wife in 1997.

I didn't get to go on that trip, but I spent a few last minute hours making a Prince Charming outfit for him to wear when he proposed to her.

It was during the end of breakfast in the restaurant inside Cinderella's castle.
He excused himself to run to the bathroom and change into the outfit, and then retured with the ring inside a crystal slipper.

At first, the CMs were wary of him dressing as a character, but since it was at the end of the shift, and the restaurant was virtually empty, they let him go ahead.

It was really magical, from all the bazillion pics I saw. Sad that the marriage didn't last, though. :(

MeTa

Right in front of Walt and Mickeys statue with the Castle backdrop for photos, Had my in-laws and parents come down secretly and i met them in the b-room to get the ring and wired up with a wireless mic. They were shooting video and taking photos in the background when the question was popped then they came out - to another one of her surprises - and we made a vacation out of it. I told her it was a business trip which were held there every year.

DisneyPrincess5

I proposed to my fiance December 12, 2008 on Main Street by the large MK Christmas tree with the castle in the background. We had just arrived at MK and we waited in line for a photopass photographer. We did the usual pictures with us smiling and holding Tinkerell and everything and then I asked the photographer if she could take one more picture. She said "sure, what do you want to do?" and I pulled the ring out of my jacket and dropped to one knee. The rest is a blur, but she said yes. We got lots of great pictures from the proposal and afterwards, they gave us free bride and groom Mickey ears. Here are two of my favorite shots from the proposal.

DisneyPhotoImage54.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage49.jpg

Omg that's beautiful!
I just shed a few happy tears!!
Congratulations!

sublimesting

This got me thinking:

Did any of you have big plans to propose in front of the castle, only to arrive and see that it was.........a giant pink cake!?!?!?:eek:

jen2009

I proposed to my wife on December 27, 2003. I'm a pretty nostalgic guy so it had to occur in the 'courtyard' (the hub) of Cinderella Castle during the fireworks display. We arrived at the park a number of hours before the show and I was as nervous as could be. I believe it's the only time I forgot my way around the Magic Kingdom! We grabbed a spot in front of the partners statue nearly 2 hours before the show to have the perfect spot. My significant other should have caught on at that point since I haven't staked out a spot for fireworks or parades in years. She didn't, though. About midway through the intro I popped the question, she said yes (whew!) and we enjoyed probably the best fireworks show we have ever seen! (And this is from someone who prefers Fantasy in the Sky)

We were married at the Wedding Pavilion 18 months later and had a great reception at the Living Seas Lounge. I highly recommend Disney Fairy Tale Weddings. You can really have your cake and eat it too! We had a party of 50 close friends/family who made the 8 hour trip and the cost was probably cheaper than if we would have held it in our hometown and been 'forced' to invite 250 people who we would have not seen anyway.

We were also married at Disney's Wedding Pavillion on March 12, 2009. I would second on getting married there. It was way cheaper than we thought it would be. A lot cheaper than getting married at home. They have packages and most of the things were included. We had 22 guests and it was the best thing. It is a magical place to get married.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom