Any word on the Mexico Tequila Bar?

$Mickey2008

Everything in Moderation

With a family of 5, we intend to visit all parks regardless of the alcohol policy. Regardless of where you go or where your children follow, there will always be the 10% rule, there are just some things you cannot control in life, including the drunks who act as if they just had their first beer at a frat party. Personally I have never been impacted by some of the issues described in the previous replies and hope that I never have to deal with it, but if the scenario does present itself, I will take the appropriate actions to protect my children and trust that Disney Cast Members can and will respond to each situation as it arises. Having said all of that, drink in moderation and have fun, nothing wrong with that :lol:

PhilharMagician

Anyone have an update on when this will be opening? Food and Wine is a month away and this is in the offical release???:shrug:

Very good question. Here is a part of the press release origanally posted by Steve on Sept 22, 2007 (from WDW Magic Epcot news area) about the tequila bar. It states that it is supposed to open summer 2008.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- When Epcot debuted in 1982, the World Showcase pavilions pioneered the idea of global cuisine as a theme park attraction in itself, and expanded fine dining in Central Florida.

Now for the park's 25th birthday, Epcot is unwrapping the biggest makeover in World Showcase history, with grand new dining experiences that truly raise the bar with exciting restaurants, diverse menus and redesigned settings to wow guests with something fresh and different.

Here's what's on the front burner:
  • Patina Group's Tutto Italia Ristorante just opened in the Italy pavilion. Another new restaurant in the same space is planned for late 2008.
  • In October, the Japan pavilion debuts Tokyo Dining and Teppan Edo, a dramatic redevelopment of their dining rooms.
  • China's Nine Dragons Restaurant closes in early 2008 to create a new dining room with five cooking stations, reopening in late 2008.
  • By summer 2008, a new tequila bar opens adjacent to San Angel Inn Restaurante in the Mexico pavilion, and the outdoor Cantina de San Angel expands, with more seating and a new menu.

Keyda

As a tequila snob I would have to say it is more likely a place like this will serve "HIGH END" tequila which you will be paying an arm and a leg for. I am assuming crap like Jose and Pepe Lopez aren't on the menu.

So tack on Disney's exorbirant surcharge and you may be looking at 12-14 a shot maybe more. IF you are doing Shots not sipping at that cost....well you are just foolish. Tequila at a tequila bar is usually sipped not shooted.

Just my opinion....

bgraham34

As a tequila snob I would have to say it is more likely a place like this will serve "HIGH END" tequila which you will be paying an arm and a leg for. I am assuming crap like Jose and Pepe Lopez aren't on the menu.

So tack on Disney's exorbirant surcharge and you may be looking at 12-14 a shot maybe more. IF you are doing Shots not sipping at that cost....well you are just foolish. Tequila at a tequila bar is usually sipped not shooted.

Just my opinion....

Jose and Pepe are not crap. I use that in Margaritas in the summer time for my guests. The cheaper the better when getting people drunk in the summer. But I do like my higher end Tequila. That is my private stash.

Keyda

Jose and Pepe are not crap. I use that in Margaritas in the summer time for my guests. The cheaper the better when getting people drunk in the summer. But I do like my higher end Tequila. That is my private stash.

Hmmm that sounds like me too. I was really hoping that it was going to be open this summer but I should have known Disney's time schedule is just as bad as all the construction companies I work for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom