Any word on the Mexico Tequila Bar?

fyn

Original Poster
In the spirit of keeping this thread going, how about we stick to the topic and not digress into baseless personal attacks. Responsible adults can enjoy alcohol just fine, even in Disney World. People who drink aren't evil, irresponsible monsters, and people don't drink aren't sissies. We all have our preferences, so if you don't like all the people in this thread talking about how they enjoy drinking in Disney World, don't participate in the thread. This board has thousands of others. :wave:

PecosBill

Ignoring the wacky temperance movement people and getting back to the original thread question, in the official first WDW press release about Epcot Food & Wine 2008 they include the line "Mexico's new tequila bar is perfect for cool sips on a warm autumn evening...", So hopefully they will get on the stick and start building it soon!

DarkImage4

I'm not attacking those who enjoy having a few drinks while at WDW. My post was merely pointing out my dislike for those who take it beyond the point of self-control. Especially when they infringe on my having a good time the way that I like to.

Also, I just felt it wasn't right to tell someone that if a drink was spilled on their spouse in a wheelchair, with the spiller starting an arguement as though it wasn't their fault, that they should just "chuckle at a spille drink".

By all means, people should enjoy themselves on their vacation, however they feel. I just have issue witth those who have no self-control, which unfortunately, is a lot.

fyn

Original Poster
I'm not attacking those who enjoy having a few drinks while at WDW. My post was merely pointing out my dislike for those who take it beyond the point of self-control. Especially when they infringe on my having a good time the way that I like to.

Also, I just felt it wasn't right to tell someone that if a drink was spilled on their spouse in a wheelchair, with the spiller starting an arguement as though it wasn't their fault, that they should just "chuckle at a spille drink".

By all means, people should enjoy themselves on their vacation, however they feel. I just have issue witth those who have no self-control, which unfortunately, is a lot.

I've had my ankles bruised by hundreds of strollers and wheelchairs at WDW, but I'm not going to go around claiming anyone pushing a stroller or wheelchair is an out of control idiot, because that's a generalization, and I can acknowledge that its most likely not a true one. Perhaps you should too so we can stop talking about how much you dislike people who drink, and get back on topic.

westie

I do not mind anyone drinking or smoking for that matter. Its just very unfortunate when you have to ride the last bus from PI lovingly known as the "Drunk Bus." I'd rather sit on the wrong side at a football game.

urbanvegan

Aaaaaaanyway, does anyone know which part of the pavillion will hold the new establishment?

I imagine it will be either to the left or the right as you enter the "Plaza" area inside; I can't imagine then reducing the seating area of the San Angel Inn.

fyn

Original Poster
Aaaaaaanyway, does anyone know which part of the pavillion will hold the new establishment?

I imagine it will be either to the left or the right as you enter the "Plaza" area inside; I can't imagine then reducing the seating area of the San Angel Inn.

I always envisioned it being on the left wall, halfway back.

urbanvegan

I always envisioned it being on the left wall, halfway back.

That makes the most sense to me. If I remember correctly, the kitchen is located on the right.

I would *love* if they could somehow make it waterfront on el Rio, under the "stars"!

fyn

Original Poster
That makes the most sense to me. If I remember correctly, the kitchen is located on the right.

I would *love* if they could somehow make it waterfront on el Rio, under the "stars"!

To do that, wouldn't they have to either A) Move the queue for the ride, or B) put it in the back middle, blocking the view of the river from the promenade.

If its possible, a waterfront bar would be stellar.

urbanvegan

To do that, wouldn't they have to either A) Move the queue for the ride, or B) put it in the back middle, blocking the view of the river from the promenade.

If its possible, a waterfront bar would be stellar.

Yeah, it does seem unlikely. But it would be very "Disney" in the sense of "Hey! Let's go indoors 50 feet away from the outdoor Margarita stand on the water and stand at a Margarita bar that simulates *actually* standing outside on the water!".

DarkImage4

Perhaps you should too so we can stop talking about how much you dislike people who drink, and get back on topic.

In my last response, I NEVER said that I dislike people who drink, in fact, that was the first thing I said in my last post. I've done nothing but express my dislike those who get out of control because they drink TOO MUCH. You want to have a few, be my guest, enjoy, about 1 to 2 times a year, I do too. But, when you have 5 too many and are a nuiscence to those around you, THAT is where I have the issue. I posted originally just to defend the original poster, and gave my point or view, and NEVER attacked anyone (except drunken fools), and even then it was never an attack, I just said I have an issue with it.

Anyone who wants to drink/smoke/do drugs/whatever, I feel it's your choice, a person can do whatever they want. I can generally let things rll off my backI begin to have problems when it does effect me, especially in a bad way.

Live and let live.

BTW...I really hope the tequila bar looks cool and is really well themed.

phenom1307

the grandfather on the bus going back with the grand kids so drunk he keeps passing out during the ride, kids embarassed beyond words

are you sure he was drunk? maybe he is just old and had a long day in the parks and was tired. i known i've fallen asleep after being in the parks from the time they opened until closing. so just because he is falling asleep doesn't necessarily mean he is drunk.

although i have seen some guys come out of dak extremely drunk and they started peeing on one of the company trucks and trying to climb inside the tram. and those things are really easy to start (doesn't take a genius to understand how to turn it on)... if he would have gotten inside and turned it on and started driving that would have cause a lot of damages.

urbanvegan

Are you saying you'd like it to be on the right, or you've heard it will be on the right?

Isn't Kidcot on the left and the Inn's kitchen on the right? I can't seem to recall or find a good picture online or in my iPhoto. It seems like it would be easier to move Kidcot than a kitchen.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It supposed to replace the silver/jewelry area of the store - so it's on the right in a little alcove of sorts.

As for drunks, i've only encountered them during peak periods like holidays. Most days if anyone is drunk, it's not obvious.

fyn

Original Poster
It supposed to replace the silver/jewelry area of the store - so it's on the right in a little alcove of sorts.

As for drunks, i've only encountered them during peak periods like holidays. Most days if anyone is drunk, it's not obvious.

LOL - I thought you were gonna say "Most days if anyone is drunk, it's me." :ROFLOL:

sknydave

are you sure he was drunk? maybe he is just old and had a long day in the parks and was tired. i known i've fallen asleep after being in the parks from the time they opened until closing. so just because he is falling asleep doesn't necessarily mean he is drunk.

He performed a field sobriety test.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom