Any word on the Mexico Tequila Bar?

rictusred

I think like anything a few bad apples don't necesarily spoil the whole bunch. with that being said the type of drinks served in the park don't matter the ones who get drunk were going to get drunk whether it was with tequilia or beer. I myself don't drink to much beer so I would like to see a couple of different liquor stands.... brink on the sake

PhilharMagician

To back up Chape19714. The tequila bar is supposed to go where the jewelry/silver shop is to the right when entering the pavillion.

Below is from WDW Magic Epcot News page from press release in September 07'
Changes All Around World Showcase

In the Mexico pavilion, a 50- to 60-seat tequila bar, including a history of the beverage, replaces a retail shop adjacent to the restaurant, opening in summer 2008. Also in summer 2008, the pavilion's waterfront Cantina de San Angel is expanding with more seating with optimal views of World Showcase, and will offer a new menu.

i personally am not a big fan of tequilla... too many mornings in college were not very pleasant... however, i am happy for those who are excited about it. im beer enthusaist myself. im sorry for those of you who have encountered excessive amounts of drunkeness while in the parks. i personally never encountered any drunks at epcot, aside from my sister! after a nap on spaceship earth, she was ok though...

cinderellafan6

To back up Chape19714. The tequila bar is supposed to go where the jewelry/silver shop is to the right when entering the pavillion.

In the Mexico pavilion, a 50- to 60-seat tequila bar, including a history of the beverage, replaces a retail shop adjacent to the restaurant, opening in summer 2008. Also in summer 2008, the pavilion's waterfront Cantina de San Angel is expanding with more seating with optimal views of World Showcase, and will offer a new menu.

That is what I heard too!! They were going to move the shop somewhere and move the kidcot as well. But It would be really cool if it was looking over the water:wave:

Ciciwoowoo

I think it is a smart addition for Epcot to make. I'm sure the amount of money they make on alcohol sales has got to be huge! Tequila is a product of Mexico, much as the Pokemon products are a product of Japan, and featured in the store. Also, doesn't Japan offer a sake bar somewhere?

Disney is not wrong to offer this. Those who abuse it by consuming too much are in the ones who are wrong. One way Disney can help to combat this abuse is to charge steep prices for the product. Oh wait...they already do that! :)

fyn

Original Poster

50-60 seats!? That's much bigger than I anticipated. Has there ever been a live mariachi band inside the pavilion? Man, if there is, that place is going to be *awesome*.

k.hunter30

50-60 seats!? That's much bigger than I anticipated. Has there ever been a live mariachi band inside the pavilion? Man, if there is, that place is going to be *awesome*.
A mariachi band plays and walks through the pavillion quite frequently. Brings me back to my days in Guadalajara....

RedGear

i dont understand why people are getting upset about people drinking at disney. I have never seen anyone get out of hand ever at disney when they have been drinking, and i haven't seen someone get violent during the fireworks at epcot.

On the other hand I have been sitting on a bench watching ROE and been kicked repeatedly by a child who was throwing a tantrum and the mother just sat there and did nothing to control their child. I have to say that was the worst experiance I have ever had and the only time I have ever sat down to watch ROE. Hopefully this next time we go (we leave tomorrow!) will be better.

And if you see a loud "drunk" group. . . it's propably us. :sohappy:

ToTBellHop

never had a problem with drunks at Disney outside of Pleasure Island in the mid-90s...now you are more likely to have a problem with gangs there.

fauna

Last thing I heard, they hadn't even started construction.

Dear Disney,
You can't just dangle a tequila bar in front of people and then not make one. It's not nice.
Love,
fauna

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom