Any water park additions planned?

WDWLover#1

Haven't the insiders here said disney doesn't see Comcast as a threat anD these plans are not some (magical response?) disney still subscribes to blue ocean theory. You will keep coming no matter how Crappy the parks may be. Universal on the other hand has to EARN it's attendance numbers.

Although I'm glad disney os spending cash I don't think there overall business model will change.
Universals attendance jumped by 20% last year. These numbers are unheard of. Coupled with them opening new rides and experiences every year, new hotels, a water park, and within 10 years insiders claiming they're planning a third park. Disney sees them as competition.

Mouse_Trap

Both water parks are getting an expansion very soon....

Yes both are getting a flip flop shop!

Rumor is Disney will be advertising it as 'Blizzard Beach's biggest ever expansion'!
Meanwhile Universal continues to add new top drawer attractions.

I love both Disney waterparks, but it really hurts that they have done so little to improve them, ever.
I guess they see little financial return, waterparks are included in a lot of tickets so people go regardless. Even much higher visitor numbers wouldn't necessarily have a financial return as I imagine hardly anyone buys a ticket. Revenue would also be a negligible increase as most people were probably going to spend on food/drink/merchandise at another Disney park/hotel anyway.

I just hope Universal blows them out of the water with their new park and shames them into taking some action.
I'm not holding my breath though, as we are yet to see any counter from Disney to HP Forbidden Journey (or anything Universal have done hence).

Tangled toilets and a kiddie coaster fail to register....Avatar, the jury is undecided but awaits further evidence. Attraction wise, the promise is not looking great with a S'norin d-ticket clone and a slow c-ticket water ride.

ChesterKiwi

Typhoon Lagoon for superior theming, and the much better beach are - with wave pool.

Blizzard Beach has superior slides though.
I just find Blizzard Beach unappealing in every way. It's unappealing to me aesthetically, and while the slides are a lot more thrilling there, I find I enjoy the ones at Typhoon Lagoon much more. Typhoon Lagoon just seems more inviting and less aggravating with the lines.

Incomudro

I just find Blizzard Beach unappealing in every way. It's unappealing to me aesthetically, and while the slides are a lot more thrilling there, I find I enjoy the ones at Typhoon Lagoon much more. Typhoon Lagoon just seems more inviting and less aggravating with the lines.
We've been spending a day at each of the waterparks on our vacations.
I've got young boys (twins) so the thrill of Blizzard Beach's slides - conquering Summit Plummet at I believe 11 years old was a major thrill for them! - is a big thing.
We like to begin our day at the rope drop with a chair lift rid up.
The theming at BB is done well, and is a cool concept - but it just doesn't do much for me.

Typhoon Lagoon is one I completely love as far as theming goes.
I love it al, the crooked structures, storm tossed debris, surfer music...
Love the wave pool, and can more happily spend an entire day at this park.
Several of the slides fall short though, literally in length, as well as speed.
At least one of them finds my not heavy for a guy 170lb. body bottoming out in.

If only there was a way to combine the best attributes of both parks..

rioriz

You've got to consider room to expand with these parks. Typhoon had the latest expanse year ago and it seems BB should be up to do something soon. I think they could get rid of the mini golf for expansion room!

Donald Razorduck

I haven't read a single rumor about either of Disney's waterparks being expanded.
That said, I've love to see a third one added, especially if they were to revive the "River Country" name and concept.

It will not be at the same location and it will not be lake water like it was, beware the brain eating amoeba.

Bairstow

It will not be at the same location and it will not be lake water like it was, beware the brain eating amoeba.

As long as there are walk-around meet-and-greet amoebas we're good.

coolest-germ-costume-21302212.jpg

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
You mean they went to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach?
TL and BB are top in theme, but as far as attractions and new innovations go in water park, they're a bit behind. Still top tier, but lack of any changes to these parks have them a bit behind in innovation and new ammenities, which will be more expected in Orlando once Volcano Bay opens.

Biff215

Blizzard's last "addition" was probably the return for the rafts on Teamboat Springs back when I worked there in 2000. Just imagine dragging those tubes up there before that was done!

As others have pointed out, additions are significantly more difficult now that Disney built most slides into the mountains. The parks do need more capacity, however, which is why I haven't gone in close to a decade. Roasting in the sun for an hour while waiting for a 20 second slide just isn't worth it. I'll be at Stormalong Bay.

Donald Razorduck

Yes, and Spain, South Korea, Dubia, and even Texas.

Shlitterbahn in the San Antonio area. They are the ones that have taken the lazy river to the slides approach to the max. The Wave Rivers are extremely popular, think lazy river with 4 ft waves that push you thru. They also gave a great little lazy river with rapids.

Florida is supposedly getting a Shlitterbahn in Ft. Lauderdale.

There's a fantastic water park in the Canary Islands in the south on Tenerife called Siam

Disneyhead'71

Shlitterbahn in the San Antonio area. They are the ones that have taken the lazy river to the slides approach to the max. The Wave Rivers are extremely popular, think lazy river with 4 ft waves that push you thru. They also gave a great little lazy river with rapids.

Florida is supposedly getting a Shlitterbahn in Ft. Lauderdale.

There's a fantastic water park in the Canary Islands in the south on Tenerife called Siam
yeah, that's the Spain one I referenced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom