Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

Captain Neo

There will definitely be a Tron-esque scene.
Don't know if you will see any cars of tomorrow at that point, though.

That will be good then.

I was watching the Test Track Ultimate Tribute by Martin Smith and apperantly the original idea for Test Track was riding around in rocket sleds through a futuristic workshop so anything that gets us closer to that instead of doing boring tests in a barren building will be a step up in my opinion.

It looks like it could be, but with it cut off it is kind of hard to tell.

I agree. You can kind of see it, but it's hard to say. It'd be a really nice homage, as well as a really nice direction back to the uniformed/futuristic theme of FW.

They're not gonna keep that up all the way 'till September - are they??? Omg

God I hope not.
SpongebobLeaveGIF.gif

Again, a new brass band a la Future Corps would be less corny and less "pitchy". Perhaps this was something Chevrolet asked for? Or rather, maybe even Disney asked CM to fund some sort of temporary entertainment to distract angry tourists and this was all GM could come up with/want to spare cash for?

TalkingHead

Captain Neo

That's the kind of entertainment I can't watch for more than a minute before I start to feel embarrassed for the performers.

I admit, I only watched the first couple of minutes. Maybe it gets better later in the video?

The only one in that video dressed professionally is the lead singer in the middle. The others look like they came to work in there street clothes and why the hell are they wearing lab coats? I'm embarassed and i'm watching them from far away on a computer screen :lol:

Testtrack321

and also Tower of Terror, Haunted Mansion...

Similar concept, but significantly updated. Instead of just mirrors and projectors it uses semi-transparent foil and some other significant technology to give depth and crispness to the projections so they seem to be there, not just ghosts.

Tom Morrow

The Test Track All Stars seem like it was entirely created by Chevy. I mean, Disney's street shows aren't always the greatest, but this seems like something you would see on The Simpsons as a parody.

...maybe they sound better in person?

Gregoryp73

I know but imagine...
You design your SimCar and then you could actually see it when you walk up to board. It would be awesome..

~ FD.

Maybe they'll have a Haunted Mansion esqe final scene where you are riding in your designed car...ala mirrors and such...not sure how they would get all six peoples designs in unless it's by vote.

Also I would think that a tronish element would be something before the final run...like a natural progression into the highway of the future. If they added Glowing LED along the track it would make a pretty sweet night picture spot. It wouldn't take much to add lighting and such to really spruce that up.

Scuttle

That's the kind of entertainment I can't watch for more than a minute before I start to feel embarrassed for the performers.

I admit, I only watched the first couple of minutes. Maybe it gets better later in the video?

Ya that was terrible and no it doesn't get any better.

celluloid

I don't have anything really in particular against this form of entertainment but it is more than nothing. I hate the cheap plug at the end of tell Guest Services.

Guessing this means it is just a very temp way for Disney to hype up the reopening.

No one should ever complain about the Frog Choir at The Wizarding World again.

They should of named this band The Nye Five.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom