Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

Horizonsfan

I was in there last night and the entire post show from ride exit to gift shop is gutted down to the studs. Looks like an entirely new space, and it's huge. No where near ready it's being rebuilt entirely. Didn't get to see track area, assume same level of rebuild in progress.

Now lets hope the new post-show is a little more TransCenter and a little less generic Chevy dealership.:D

TropicalFig8

198707ecbirdandrobot-M.jpg

If only they brought back this show...
le sigh.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thinking of going December 7 - 11 or December 14 - 18. Martin, if I go the earlier date of December 7 - 11 do you think it will be done by then?
On paper, yes. From those actually involved, they told me anytime in 2012 will be pushing it.

But they could always open soft and complete everything else 3rd shift, like SM and PotC.

aladdin2007

On paper, yes. From those actually involved, they told me anytime in 2012 will be pushing it.

But they could always open soft and complete everything else 3rd shift, like SM and PotC.

Not good plan, we all know how well that goes, they end up not finishing at all and letting it go. SE anyone?

The Empress Lilly

99 luft ballons?
Nein! Ich mean those 99 eyeSoarins outside. Ze awful scaffold outside. Das ist ugly like Angela Merkel in ze morning! (Ja, we Germans do have zense of humor! Merkel in morning, das ist funny, ja? You Englanders und Amerikaner are laughing now, no?)

Die Amerikaner, zey kan never kompete with ze German cars on kwality. Zo vill zey at least try to kompete on flash und looks und take down ze awful scaffold, das hier:

http://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/100_4451.jpg

mickeysbrother

Nein! Ich mean those 99 eyeSoarins outside. Ze awful scaffold outside. Das ist ugly like Angela Merkel in ze morning! (Ja, we Germans do have zense of humor! Merkel in morning, das ist funny, ja? You Englanders und Amerikaner are laughing now, no?)

Die Amerikaner, zey kan never kompete with ze German cars on kwality. Zo vill zey at least try to kompete on flash und looks und take down ze awful scaffold, das hier:

http://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/100_4451.jpg
Ya das is nine gout. Dunka for ze informatione :)

articos

The place where it happened is exactly just as the other posters have been saying. Now, where it exactly happened in that particular area, ie, where the undercarriage fell off, slightly obvious when you think about physics being involved.

Regarding this incident, it was the body shell w/sandbags that hit the tunnel wall, not the chassis. It also wasn't going full speed, although it was going at a decent clip. The momentum of the chassis did some damage to the track underneath and the floor, as well as scared the hell out of everyone.

mickey2008.1

Thanks for the pic. I really love learning these things about TT and it's incidents. Never knew any of this. And the car numbers 1 and 17, very cool stuff. I just hope they put as much attention to detail in this that they did/ are into FLE.

jasonfresta

Yea. I say we should all let them just take however long they need to ensure when it opens it will be a high quality attraction.

yeah I can see it now...

"HEY JOE... a bunch of people on a message board are complaining that we're taking too long... never mind double checking those connections!! someone named Mary Jones and her family are coming down here next month and she said that if Test Track isn't open... it's gonna ruin everybody's lives!!"

JWG

yeah I can see it now...

"HEY JOE... a bunch of people on a message board are complaining that we're taking too long... never mind double checking those connections!! someone named Mary Jones and her family are coming down here next month and she said that if Test Track isn't open... it's gonna ruin everybody's lives!!"
I just assumed that's exactly what TDO was up to. You know, SSE, Imagination 2.0 and 3.0, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom