Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

t3techcom18

Wow, found 2 things Martin doesn't know in one thread! From everything I've heard over the years from various sources, I think there was a "car leaving the track" type of incident, but I don't know what part of the track or how severe it was (meaning, even if it didn't fly into a wall doesn't mean they wouldn't have to re-do the whole ride system)

The place where it happened is exactly just as the other posters have been saying. Now, where it exactly happened in that particular area, ie, where the undercarriage fell off, slightly obvious when you think about physics being involved.

BCVTalsJam

My wife and I are going from October 14 through the 22nd...does anyone think it may be open by then...or would we have to wait until we go back in January of 2013...ugh I hope it is open!!!! Sorry if this has been answered 20 times lol :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My wife and I are going from October 14 through the 22nd...does anyone think it may be open by then...or would we have to wait until we go back in January of 2013...ugh I hope it is open!!!! Sorry if this has been answered 20 times lol :)
Late November is looking likely so far.

Castle Cake Apologist

Geez, I remember going to Disney over and over between 97-99 hoping Test Track would finally be open and constantly being disappointed when they kept pushing the opening back and back and back and then the happy memories of the time we went and it was finally open. Ah, life before the internet. You actually got to be surprised now and then. Crazy to think that I was only ten years old in 1997 (I remember LOVING the Castle Cake! o_O ), but I vividly remember wanting to know so bad what was going on in that building, as WoM had been my favorite WDW attraction after they closed the Subs.

Completely unrelated to the prefab tunnel crash incident we're currently discussing, but... is it my imagination, or was there an incident during the opening delay when one of the cars actually crashed through the "wall" of the Barrier Test? Could just be CM lore, but I swear I've heard that one too.

I swear TT must have more legends flying around than any other ride. Well, except maybe Haunted Mansion.

montyz81

The place where it happened is exactly just as the other posters have been saying. Now, where it exactly happened in that particular area, ie, where the undercarriage fell off, slightly obvious when you think about physics being involved.
Any documented pictures of said event?
Also any new pictures inside the WOM Pavilion.

Patricia Melton

I wonder if this will be open "for the holidays" like the majority of things in the Fantasyland Expansion.

Everything depends on what you consider "the holidays".

My birthday is in January, so to me that's a "holiday" too.

Pick145

Completely unrelated to the prefab tunnel crash incident we're currently discussing, but... is it my imagination, or was there an incident during the opening delay when one of the cars actually crashed through the "wall" of the Barrier Test? Could just be CM lore, but I swear I've heard that one too.

I swear TT must have more legends flying around than any other ride. Well, except maybe Haunted Mansion.

I do remember reading about something like that. I have also read that the wall is made of foam and can be exchanged in the time it takes to reset the ride in case the car has run into the wall. From what I had read these spare doors were kept in a closet close to the barrier test.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I do remember reading about something like that. I have also read that the wall is made of foam and can be exchanged in the time it takes to reset the ride in case the car has run into the wall. From what I had read these spare doors were kept in a closet close to the barrier test.

There was a crash test effect at the end if the ride where you saw another car similar to yours look like it had just hit a wall (crash test) so maybe that is what disneyexpert was thinking of

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom