Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

disnyfan89

Test Track has a large wall in front of it with a giant blue banner sporting the new logo saying fall 2012. You can already hear them ripping out the queue.

Clamman73

Still a little confused about the "SimCar" car that you would design and how it would be tracked to the car you're gonna ride in???

Will the ride vehicle drive at a different speed or handle differently than another ride vehicle that's behind you or in front? :shrug:

Tip Top Club

I'm guessing the physical ride will be the same every time, but in the post show you will find out how your car would have done...just a guess though.

tink33

As a newbie I now know not to trust Disney.com. BTW the site now says:

Test Track - Closed For Refurbishment [ Monday, April 16 - Monday, April 30 ]

Test Track - Closed For Refurbishment [ Friday, June 01 - Tuesday, July 31 ]

Test Track - Closed For Refurbishment [ Saturday, September 01 - Sunday, September 30 ]

Which was different from when I looked this morning at 7:00. Sorry for the misleading info.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
As a newbie I now know not to trust Disney.com. BTW the site now says:

Test Track - Closed For Refurbishment [ Monday, April 16 - Monday, April 30 ]

Test Track - Closed For Refurbishment [ Friday, June 01 - Tuesday, July 31 ]

Test Track - Closed For Refurbishment [ Saturday, September 01 - Sunday, September 30 ]

Which was different from when I looked this morning at 7:00. Sorry for the misleading info.

It is closing from today through to an expected November 30.

hpyhnt 1000

Decent looking logo...better than the Chevy logo version that's been floating around for a while. Here's hoping they "throw a few surprise tests in there" when it re-opens.

Gregoryp73

I still think it's closing down June 1st bwaahhh:hammer: lol

Still a little confused about the "SimCar" car that you would design and how it would be tracked to the car you're gonna ride in???

Will the ride vehicle drive at a different speed or handle differently than another ride vehicle that's behind you or in front? :shrug:

I think it will be as customizable as your Mission Space ride. When they promoted MS, it was marketed like "what you do really affects your ride"...but i've been on it a dozen times and haven't really seen anything other than the same ride, no matter what you press.

It would be neat if they let you pick the type of car (i.e. combustion engine, electric, or hybrid) and piped in sound based on what car you chose. They could also possibly change up the individual scenes based on choices made...not so much the track, but what the scenes would do...

misterID

I did several months ago when 7 WDI Employees came to The Ren Cen in Detroit and visited Design in Warren, MI for the initial creative meeting, the biggest name on the list was Trevor Bryant. Look back over my posts.

Yep, and it was much appreciated.

...would have loved to get the WOM name back, though.

It's cool to know that GM does care about this attractions, and there's at least a sliver of love for the old ride.

bethymouse

Oh no!

I should've known better! I was hoping TT would be open by September 28 at least for the EPCOT 30th celebration!:( My husband is going to be very upset about the Nov. 30th thing!:mad: I am sad. I will miss that ride. Yes- I know that it's stupid, but I an't help it!:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom