Any update on the TTC parking lot expansion?

roj2323

Original Poster
I was last there about 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything about it. Anyone care to update us?

roj2323

Original Poster
Got a couple of quick shots saturday. The parking expansion jist seems to keep going and going. It's quite enormous really. Most of the drains are in and they are grading gravel now. ( didn't get photos of the graded areas due to traffic) We should start seeing paving in the near future. I'd say in the next 2 weeks or so.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

dgp602

Got a couple of quick shots saturday. The parking expansion jist seems to keep going and going. It's quite enormous really. Most of the drains are in and they are grading gravel now. ( didn't get photos of the graded areas due to traffic) We should start seeing paving in the near future. I'd say in the next 2 weeks or so. View attachment 115545View attachment 115546
WOW..this is the former NASCAR experience site?

FullSailDan

I get the distinct feeling that the expansion of the parking lot is the precursor to some much larger changes for transportation options/organization at the MK. Obviously there needs to be something more than a simple expansion of rows, but they probably can't mess around with the existing parking situation without having somewhere to displace it. So I wouldn't expect much "news" about it, until they are ready for MK Parking 2.0 announcement.

disney4life2008

What is find amazing is that in a matter of a few months they tore down that entire operation. I hope they do not build a garage - while that would increase capacity I like the flat lands of TTC.

Creathir

Heck, it only took them a few weeks! Fastest I have ever seen anything demoed lol
Remember, they don't have busy crowds of a park to contend with.

This gives a lot of credence to anyone who stipulates that as to why some projects (like the hub work for instance) takes so long.

Also, they essentially were just bulldozing and moving dirt, much simpler than building stuff.

I'm just hoping for a more broad transportation plan in the future, and this is just a precursor for that....
(More monorails more monorails more monorails!)

COProgressFan

I get the distinct feeling that the expansion of the parking lot is the precursor to some much larger changes for transportation options/organization at the MK. Obviously there needs to be something more than a simple expansion of rows, but they probably can't mess around with the existing parking situation without having somewhere to displace it. So I wouldn't expect much "news" about it, until they are ready for MK Parking 2.0 announcement.

We know there are major changes coming to the toll booth plaza area which will alter continuing access up World Drive, as well as a likely flyover which will keep southbound traffic on World Drive, instead of routing around the MK lot via Seven Seas Dr. as it does now. This will require work in existing parking areas for a significant amount of time. They'll need the additional parking where the racetrack was before they can start that major work.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Nov 4. The northern half of the old raceway has been or is currently being paved. The southern half is being graded for a large expanse of grass sod, which was being installed ovr the last several days. A rainwater retention pond is also located on the southern half of the area. Note the new parking light towers.

IMG_6759.JPG

IMG_6764.JPG

This drainage swell runs along the newly paved area. Grass sod is being installed in the drainage area.

IMG_6762.JPG

There were several trucks delivering grass sod today.

IMG_6760.JPG

In the below photo, the foreground is newly paved parking surface. The background is the southern half of the old raceway, which is now a large field of grass.

IMG_6766.JPG

New item. The existing Magic Kingdom handicap parking area (closest to the Ticket and Transportation Center tram tunnel) is being resurfaced and parking stripes were being repainted today.

IMG_6758.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom