Any truth in this

esskay

(All hypothetical arm-chair talk here)

Nobody really knows how a re-opening will happen yet as we don't know how long it'll be.

All we do know is that wwhen the parks reopen a huge chunk of the usual audience wont be there due to flights cancelled, loss of jobs/earnings, etc.

Hypothetically lets say they're ready to re-open on 1st July. Immediatly they're at a fraction of usual capacity as you'd normally have a large number of British tourists that time of year as the schooles are on thir 6 week break. However there'd be very limited demand for flights.

Lets also assume that Disney then knows that demand is going to be a lot lower. Do you then take that as an opportunity to try and cut your losses a bit, and do a phased re-opening.

Resorts
Depending on the numbers of bookings, you could probably keep all the value resorts close and 'upgrade' anyone with a booking there - gives the guest a good feeling as they got a significant upgrade, and Disney gets to save money keeping a half empty resort functinoning.

Parks
Disney has kept all their parks open when its been super quiet before, but given the quiet period could last a good few months you have to wonder if itd be beneficial to keep a park or two closed for a while. Assuming they did that, it'd then make sense to make that park Epcot - its in the middle of a massive construction project, and not having to work around guest hours for a few weeks could help make a serious dent in the lost time. You could probably also keep one of the water parks closed, assuming they re-open initially anyway - we don't know what social distancing will be required but there will undoubtably be some restrictions.

Disney Springs
It makes sense to get this back up and running ASAP, not only for the sake of the vendors but as a place for locals to come.

Again all hypothetical, based on no factual information.

Lilofan

At the very least, I'd expect mousekeeping to be properly retrained on how to not just clean, but disinfect rooms, from now on.

I've contributed, read and participated at the Trip Reports thread on these Forums. Members often report about poor mousekeeping in their resort rooms.

This needs to change.
One thing is for sure. It is an impossible task for cast members to clean and disinfect every single toilet seat in the theme parks or resorts and each guest uses the toilet.

csmat99

AP blockout dates just like cast members. They can do what they want.
I understand they can block out dates for AP for events, holiday for GOLD for example but if they black out AP and only do hotel guests for a month or two they will have a lawsuit on their hands or have to refund money for time lost.

JoeCamel

I understand they can block out dates for AP for events, holiday for GOLD for example but if they black out AP and only do hotel guests for a month or two they will have a lawsuit on their hands or have to refund money for time lost.
Yes, I bought that pass knowing it had blackout dates and what they were. To block me after taking my money? I don't think anyone would stand for that.

ls3015

Original Poster
What I heard is, The only way anyone is even going to be able to get to the front gate of the parks, is by using Disney transportation only, all drive up gates and parking lots will be closed off, no one other than onsite park quests will be allowed on the Disney transports,

CJR

If anything, it seems like Disney would want to discourage travel for some time and take advantage of the local market, reducing spread across the country.

That said, they will probably wait until they can reopen for everyone.

CaptainNicko

The guest that cast members hate the most👹👺🤡

1585847525072.png

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
One thing is for sure. It is an impossible task for cast members to clean and disinfect every single toilet seat in the theme parks or resorts and each guest uses the toilet.
I think it's possible to at least disinfect the toilets and sink/s during daily resort room mousekeeping, using Clorox, instead of the cleaning supplies they're currently using for bathrooms.

I agree with you that park restrooms, are a whole other story.

Goofnut1980

As they continue to Marriot-ify the resorts and de-theme them there is even less incentive to stay at a Disney hotel that is not part of a park visit...
truth! I get millions of Hilton points a year.. I could get rid of my DVC and just stay at Hilton Waldorf Astoria for free.. and have daily service to my room.

ppete1975

That can't do that. AP will have right to come in. Now they can change the number of people that will make the park at capacity but they can't deny a AP entry to park they paid for. By the way it's looking with recent news I can't see them opening until end of summer. Wimbledon cancelled first time since WW2, British open cancelled and that is in July.
isn't that what they do when the park hits capacity now? Turn away walk up guests and APS and only onsite guests allowed in. Im really too lazy to verify ;)

peter11435

That can't do that. AP will have right to come in. Now they can change the number of people that will make the park at capacity but they can't deny a AP entry to park they paid for. By the way it's looking with recent news I can't see them opening until end of summer. Wimbledon cancelled first time since WW2, British open cancelled and that is in July.
If they begin phase closing the parks at much lower numbers they absolutely can allow resort guests and restrict AP’s.

Not saying they will but they could.

My guess is that IF they did something like that AP’s would be extended even further to compensate.

ImperfectPixie

At the very least, I'd expect mousekeeping to be properly retrained on how to not just clean, but disinfect rooms, from now on.

I've contributed, read and participated at the Trip Reports thread on these Forums. Members often report about poor mousekeeping in their resort rooms.

This needs to change.
I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall seeing a huge uptick in mousekeeping complaints when it was farmed to outside companies.

Wendy Pleakley

This is obviously all speculation, we won't know anything for sure until the WDW bus drivers return to work and start disseminating factual information... ;)

Before isolation became the name of the game, we saw measures in place such as movie theaters limited to half booking, increased space between table at restaurants, etc. Currently local buses have every other seat blocked off, with airlines doing the same.

Will we see a WDW re-opening with restrictions in place? A cap on attendance? Who knows.

I suspect that the priority guests would be out of town tourists. They pay full price, and it wouldn't be a great look to be turning them away.

Local passholders? I don't see it as being unreasonable to block them out and extend their passes, with some bonus time thrown in for good measure.

Lilofan

Mousekeeping itself was never outsourced to outside companies. It is and always has been Disney run with Disney cast members. They did utilize outside companies for training purposes but for actually doing the work.
That's incorrect. Outside companies for many years clean the resort interiors ( lobby, convention areas, restaurants, offices ) minus the guest rooms in the overnight hours.

peter11435

That's incorrect. Outside companies for many years clean the resort interiors ( lobby, convention areas, restaurants, offices ) minus the guest rooms in the overnight hours.
Yes, overnight custodial was partially outsourced years ago. That is not mousekeeping. My post and the posts I was responding to were specially referring to mousekeeping cleaning the hotel rooms. Which has not been outsourced.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Yes, overnight custodial was partially outsourced years ago. That is not mousekeeping. My post and the posts I was responding to were specially referring to mousekeeping cleaning the hotel rooms. Which has not been outsourced.
Yes, thank you! My posts were about mousekeeping at resort rooms, specifically.

Thank you too, @Lilofan . I didn't know about outsourced cleaning personnel for other areas.

You learn something new every day in these forums. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom