Any thought about redoing Jungle Cruise as a Jungle Book ride

rcapolete

Original Poster
I always wondered why they never made the jungle cruise into a jungle book ride. I love the jungle cruise but feel that it may add to the ride if they did a jungle book overlay to it. Was there ever any talking about this being done or does anyone else agree that it would be a cool idea.

To be honest with you, when I was a little girl I always thought the Jungle Cruise was based on the Jungle Book. I don't know why since the characters are not in the ride, I just got the same feeling from it that I did the movie I guess...
...with that said, I agree with you. I think it would be a good idea. Re-do it to base it on the Jungle Book and I think it'd be a better ride. I liked it as a little girl and thats the only reason I ride it now. Otherwise, I'm not much of a fan of it.

westie

I'm personally tired of it. All the ride theming. HM was remodeled and turned into a movie ride then they took Jennifer Tilly out of it. (crystal ball) PotC is totally themed arround Johnny Depp. Don't get me wrong, I'm for improving a ride but, not turning it into a sequel or continuance of a movie. ST is a seperate ride compared to the movies and I enjoy it that way. It pulls you into the movie. IJSS shows you how the movies are made. Cool. But we all know exactly what happens when you take a ride, AE, and then make it about the movie, SGE, and suddenly you want the old one back and Disney doesn't go back. Ever.

captcanada

I think it would be a bad idea!
I like the rides that arnt based on movies (or...didn't used to be. Eg: Haunted Mansion, PotC. )
Leave Jungle Cruise alone!!!

That being said.....
I am very much in favor of them making a brand new ride for The Jungle Book :D
That would/could be GREAT!!! :D

DisneyFanatic92

I would hate to see it done as a Jungle Book ride. It's a great movie, and it would be cool to have a ride that was similar to the Jungle Cruise with the Jungle Book storyline, but I like Jungle Cruise the way it is. I love the cheesy humor of the Jungle Cruise Skippers and and I just don't think it would work the same with a Jungle Book storyline.

And I have to agree, movie themed ride remodeling is annoying and getting old.

I think focusing potc totally around the movies ruined it. I wouldnt mind if jack sparrow was in the barrel and thats it, just a small cameo.

I think making the jungle cruise into a jungle book ride would be too strange. they'd have to scrap all the existin AA's because one of a cartoonish looking baloo would throw the whole thing off.

plus i like all the dumb jokes :lol:

elisatonks

Sorry i don't like this idea at all, and don't think disney would ever run with it either. I love the jungle cruise, however i do have to admit your experience on it is only as good as your skipper, i had my fair share of bad skippers in the past but have also had the funniest ones as well.

PeoplemoverTTA

When did HM get rethemed to the movie? :veryconfu

I'm not sure what the poster is thinking of, but as far as I know HM was never re-themed for the Eddie Murphy movie.

As for Jungle Cruise, I would hate to see it be re-themed to The Jungle Book. I don't see a need to change this to a movie-based attraction at all (and I personally don't think that the themes are at all similar between the movie and ride). I wouldn't be against a Jungle Book attraction, but I don't see TWDC spending money to make an attraction for a 40-year old movie that isn't a very big "franchise" (such as The Little Mermaid, still going strong after nearly 20 years).

rcapolete

Original Poster
As for Jungle Cruise, I would hate to see it be re-themed to The Jungle Book. I don't see a need to change this to a movie-based attraction at all (and I personally don't think that the themes are at all similar between the movie and ride). I wouldn't be against a Jungle Book attraction, but I don't see TWDC spending money to make an attraction for a 40-year old movie.[/quote]

Just to clarify i know that the are not currently similiar. I just though it would be a nice way to retheme the ride. As i stated i like the ride the way it is but after riding it for so long it would be nice to see a change.

I may get flammed for this but i never understand why so many people on this board seem to hate change so much. In this case i understand that this was just a though i had and not all people agree that it is a good thought what i am referring to is more change in general not so much the Jungle Cruise or anyone who has posted in this thread. I loved Horizon and World of Motions but if they were still around today people would complain about them the same way they complain about UoE. Add to that Test trck and Mission to Mars would mostly not be there and not for nothing they are by far betters rides

I know the ride and movie are not directly connected. When I was little for some reason my 6 year old mind thought the ride was for the Jungle Book. I guess because it was called Jungle Cruise and the coloring I guess. Don't really know. I'm not 6 anymore.:shrug: I guess that's why I kinda put the two of them together now. I do think it needs a refurb though-but the last time I went was in 2005 and I've heard that it has had one since then, but I don't know. Does anyone?

I'm also confused about HM being themed on a movie? This is the first of heard of that?:confused:

PeoplemoverTTA

Just to clarify i know that the are not currently similiar.

Southern_Tink said:
To be honest with you, when I was a little girl I always thought the Jungle Cruise was based on the Jungle Book.

Sorry, guys, I wasn't trying to imply that it was wrong to connect the two :eek:...I guess that's just why I never connected the two (lack of connected theme).

rcapolete said:
i never understand why so many people on this board seem to hate change so much.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would think that for the most part, the consensus is that as Disney fans we all expect the highest level of quality in new attractions/shops or changes to existing ones. Various members definitely have differing views on some of the additions and changes to the parks over the years (all warranted and of equal merit - we're here to discuss, after all), but I think that the idea that people "hate change" is a bit of a generalization (although I can see why you might think that way sometimes). This does not apply to anyone in this thread at all, but one thing I find especially disappointing is when members disparage others for not liking certain attractions or for being "attached" to other long gone attractions. I hate to see anyone picked on for having strong feelings about something, particularly since we are all here because we love Disney :).

For me personally, I take all changes on a case-by-case basis. Adding more generic and distinctly un-Disney shopping and dining in PI - bad idea (in my opinion). Replacing Millionaire (one of my favorite shows in DHS) with TSMM, seemingly a good idea based on first-hand reports from relatives and from this board, since I unfortunately haven't been able to experience this attraction yet (can August 2009 come any faster?).

That's the beauty of these boards....sometimes we agree, sometimes not, but the discussion is always interesting :)

nolatron

I'd love to see it updated to more a "coaster" boat ride, mainly cause I think the cast members scripts last few years are pretty dry and it's turning into quite a boring attraction. We usually skip it now. Of course I think kids still love it.

But some kind of Splash Mountain/Expedition Everest/Kali River Rapids mesh of a ride would be neat, with some updated AA and what not.

Sorry, guys, I wasn't trying to imply that it was wrong to connect the two :eek:...I guess that's just why I never connected the two (lack of connected theme).

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would think that for the most part, the consensus is that as Disney fans we all expect the highest level of quality in new attractions/shops or changes to existing ones. Various members definitely have differing views on some of the additions and changes to the parks over the years (all warranted and of equal merit - we're here to discuss, after all), but I think that the idea that people "hate change" is a bit of a generalization (although I can see why you might think that way sometimes). This does not apply to anyone in this thread at all, but one thing I find especially disappointing is when members disparage others for not liking certain attractions or for being "attached" to other long gone attractions. I hate to see anyone picked on for having strong feelings about something, particularly since we are all here because we love Disney :).

For me personally, I take all changes on a case-by-case basis. Adding more generic and distinctly un-Disney shopping and dining in PI - bad idea (in my opinion). Replacing Millionaire (one of my favorite shows in DHS) with TSMM, seemingly a good idea based on first-hand reports from relatives and from this board, since I unfortunately haven't been able to experience this attraction yet (can August 2009 come any faster?).

That's the beauty of these boards....sometimes we agree, sometimes not, but the discussion is always interesting :)

No offense taken:animwink: I was just stating why I somehow see the two connected, which I don't even understand myself! lol

Spike-in-Berlin

The JC is a CLASSIC. And still one of the most immersing and escapistic rides WDW has to offer. Yes ist definitely needs a major refurbishment and modernisation. The AA are terribly outdated and I think that the addition of the piranjas from DL, more ancient ruins with dangerous animals and more agressive cannibals are necessary. It needs completely new AAs, new stories and the skippers are more than on the brink of annoying in the last years but you cannot change it into a cartoonish jungle book-somewhat. It would loose its charakter if it would become a cartoon-ride. Instead we should wait how the movie "Jungle Cruise" will be.

krankenstein

Nah, I don't think the JC needs a movie tie-in. We already have so many attractions that are tied to a group of characters, JC is nice change of pace. It is a unique attraction that stands on its on merit without needing The Jungle Book characters (or any others) added to it.

That said, a good rehab with lots of polishing and updating would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps Disney could add a hidden Baloo some where as a nod to the movie, while leaving the core attraction as is.

kingslyZISSOU

There are many reasons why they wouldnt make it Into a Jungle Book Ride.

1. The range of appeal would greatly change. It would make it more kiddy

2. As much as I like Jungle book, Its really not that well known by todays youth. Maybe It is with the kids of parents on this forum, (Which I am sure it is), but the average guest would be very much in the dark.

3. There is a LOT of talk for a Jungle Cruise movie (as well as Big Thunder Mountain), so It just doesnt really make any sense to do a Jungle book plussing. To me, It would be like changing big thunder mountain to tell the story of "Home on the Range". That would be awful...:brick:

kingslyZISSOU

Regardless of a change of story, I think the ride needs some plussing. They need to add some new effects/ show elements like they did in Disneyland many times.

They could use fire, a rock slide, an earth quake would be awesome, anything to make it a bit different would be wonderful. as long as its not to frightening for kids.

rcapolete

Original Poster
As much as I like Jungle book, Its really not that well known by todays youth. Maybe It is with the kids of parents on this forum, (Which I am sure it is), but the average guest would be very much in the dark.[/quote]

i would have to disagree with this point i have a 5yrs ds and a 3 yrs dd who not only love Jungle Book I but also Jungle Book II which was just released on DVD recently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom