Any suggestions for comfortable shoes (that aren't ugly)?

Laura

Premium Member
The only shoes I own that don't hurt my feet after a day in a theme park are my running shoes. Unfortunately, they clash with 95% of the clothes I would like to wear on a daily basis when I'm on vacation. I have to either wear plain clothes (jeans/t-shirts) so the sneakers don't clash, or I have to deal with pain all day long from wearing decent looking shoes.

I'd love to find a great pair of sandals to wear that won't kill my feet and I'd also like to find an attractive pair of shoes (not sneakers) to wear on colder days. And by attractive, I don't mean Crocs or Tevas. :lookaroun

I go to Disneyland at least 2-3 times a month and ALWAYS end up leaving earlier than I'd like because my feet hurt. It's such a bummer. And now I've got this week-long trip to WDW coming up in a few days and I don't want to be in agony the whole time.

Anyone have any recommendations?

hamton88

I understand your plight! I have experienced some pretty painful foot problems as a result of walking around WDW including a cracked bone and tendinitis in my foot. Due to this, I must wear sneakers which doesn't allow me to wear things I'd like to wear too like dresses and skirts but hey, I'll take that anyway over the pain! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0
Most important thing is to wear a pair of shoes you are comfortable with--always wear them in at home!! I usually have a couple of band aids in a pocket just in case!!

Upvote 0

djpoore94

I always wear my running shoes, no matter whether they "go with" my outfit or not. I'm a fairly plain dresser anyway (mostly black or khaki shorts and plain color shirts), but the comfort of my feet is way more important to me than whether or not I'm being fashionable!

Upvote 0

Matt and Kelly

While i was there in september everyone had either nike or reebok on. The zigs or whatever the nikes are called. The colors were awsome to see. Everyone had flashy pink purple green red blue. U name the color they were on their feet. I was wearing blue zigs and my feet were great and they didnt even sweat. That was the best part :)

I don't mind the zigs from Reebok (I have three pairs) but the best Reebok shoes I've owned, and wore for 9 days at WDW, are the new Real-Flex. So comfortable, light and breathable!

Staying on topic, my wife purchased a pair of Sanuk sandals before our last trip and absolutely loved them. I guess they are made out of yoga mats or something so they were super comfortable to wear around the parks.

Upvote 0

trylon57

Wearing the same shoes the whole trip gives me blisters. So I wear different shoes on different days. A well broken-in pair of New Balance sneakers, alternated with Crocs, works best for me.

Upvote 0
Let's make my first post a constructive one...

I work in a shoe department. I get this a lot. "What do I buy for Disney? I leave in two weeks." Two weeks! Johnny on the spot me a little more, would you!

Get something to wear a little before hand so you get a feel of what it's going to be like. Do not get brand new spanking shoes to wear to anything with a lot of walking. Go comfortable with something broken in.

If you really want fashionable, my customers tell me for those on their feet all day, stick with New Balance and Avia. Clarks and Hush Puppies are other brands that rarely get a quibble out of my customers. They come in a lot of styles and shapes. Remember what your feet like. Do you prefer plain walking shoes or do you find walking in a training shoe to be more comfortable?

My Disney shoes already have two front-runners. A purple pair of Converse and a brown pair of flats that have already saved my butt during a very long walking trip. A surprisingly comfortable pair of wedges may join the ranks.

It's a lot of trial and error. Don't use brand new shoes is the bottom line. What feels great in the store might be a nightmare when worn after seven hours.

Upvote 0

Blueskyze

I usually always go for running shoes, too, but for comfy flip-flops I would recommend Rainbows. They come in lots of different colors, and they're really durable. A little on the pricey side for flip-flops (around $50), but everyone I know who has them absolutely loves them.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

I have two pair of white canvas sport KEDS. They have a nice thick sole and a cushy edging around the back so I never get blisters. I take both pairs and alternate each day in the parks.

Upvote 0
Ever heard of Toms? I lovvvee them. They are the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned and for every pair you buy, they send a pair to a child in Africa who needs shoes. They are roughly $40-$60 a pair. The most comfortable are the basic pair, some of the glittery ones are itchy at first.

You can buy them straight from the Toms website or Nordstroms carries them :)

http://www.toms.com/womens/classics?view=all

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/womens-...ability=false&lastfilter=brand&sizeFinderId=8

I wore TOMS on my last trip. They were so comfortable. I took snakers with me and didn't put them on once b/c the TOMS were so comfortable. So I suggest these as well. Mine were not broken in either. I had just bought them the week I went.

Upvote 0

hmmemom

Merrell and Keen both make really cute, but comfortable shoes. They have sandals, sneakers, and casual shoes. I usually wear sneakers in the parks, but I wear these a lot at home.

I have been considering what kind of sneakers to buy for my next trip so I can break them in. I am glad to read about the Real Flex ones. Those were at the top of my list, but I couldn't decide if they would work well since they are so light weight. I am going to pick up a pair today and get them broken in.

Upvote 0
I can tell you 2 kinds of shoes/sandals. I have very bad feet problems, so finding comfortable shoes is a must. If you want sneakers, Reebok Zigs, Zig Zags, or Zif Techs, what ever you local shoe store calls them, very very comfortable. If you are looking for shoes or sandals, Birkenstocks. I am on my feet almost 10 hours a day, I swear by my Birkenstocks. Other than wearing my Zigs, I wear my Birks. Good luck on picking out some shoes. Also a quick piece of advice, break the shoes in before you go to Disney.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

As a few PPs have mentioned, the key is shoes that are comfortable/broken in prior to your trip. That is key. Personally I usually rock Birkenstocks, used my running shoes a few times, but normally its the Birks. I may wear my 5 Fingers this trip, but thats a bit much for anyone not used to them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom