Any rumors about AK expansion?

wizards8507

I've only found pix of the animals standing still and eating. Do they ever get to run around? I was anti-Seaworld long before watching the Japanese stab dolphins in The Cove because I hated that the sea creatures no longer had oceans to roam around in and were stuck in too small pools.

They could get up and run around whenever they want. People assume that animals in the wild are always running around, hunting, and "being free." Animals in the wild relax as much as possible. Conservation of energy is paramount when you don't know when you'll be getting your next meal.

RSoxNo1

I've only found pix of the animals standing still and eating. Do they ever get to run around? I was anti-Seaworld long before watching the Japanese stab dolphins in The Cove because I hated that the sea creatures no longer had oceans to roam around in and were stuck in too small pools.

Maybe elephant families would be too dangerous. They might try to bulldoze kidani villages.

The Habitats at the Animal Kingdom are very expansive and include habitats that aren't in the site of guests. On my last trip I saw the Watusi/Ankole Cattle running on Kilimanjaro Safaris, and in February 2010 I was staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and would regularly see Zebra and Wildebeest running around.

and how are you going to explain the theming behinde BK... "look mommy a unicorn" I understand disney is all about fantasy and magic. But not Animal Kingdom... the Aminal Kingdom is conservation and education in a way to get kids interested...

The dedication plaque for the Animal Kingdom references mythical animals, extinct animals and real animals. All should be present in the Animal Kingdom.

NoChesterHester

The backstory of Dinoland is really written because it had to be. No amount of backstory can explain or excuse poor theming.

Kind of like the 22 page story of Merriweather Pleasure concocted to justify unthemed warehouses.

There was a bad string in imagineering for a bit where they made up for smaller budgets with elaborate copy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom