Any recommended Disney movie sequels?

Gorjus

That's always made NO SENSE to me. When you create a movie based on a long standing fable, legend, or story, how CAN YOU FOLLOW UP? It's like creating a sequel to the Bible. :shrug:

Well, there are so many versions of so many fables that it makes it easy to add to it. Take Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. There are the french versions, the Brothers Grimm versions, the Disney versions, and actually, many more from other countries as well. In the case of Cinderella, there is also the Rogers and Hamerstein version as well. So in actuality, they are being changed and adapted all the time.

Dragonrider1227

Haunted Mansion 2!!
:hurl: :lol:
Hey, if the Hulk and Fantastic Four can get a sequel... :lookaroun
Honestly, I actually would like to see a PREquel of Robin Hood. Watching other films of it made me see that there is so much more to the story of Robin Hood that Disney's didn't even touch and could make for an interesting film.

Spyne

I don't know...I'm skeptical of sequels to Disney movies, especially direct to video/DVD sequels. The direct to video/DVD sequels usually are very poor quality and ruin the feel of the original films they came from.

So yeah, I'm not too high on Disney sequels, especially to the classics Walt Disney himself had a hand in.

darthjohnny

It's funny how they are not going to make Direct-to-DVD sequels anymore, but are still finding ways to continue the stories of the characters like the new Princess movies that are coming out.

The Princess movies are actually considered spin-offs and not brand new movies in general. Spin-offs, which they never ruled out will still be created, but they are aimed at a specific demographic where feature animated films will no longer see sequels unless the story is amazing and it can be created to go to a theatre.

Toy Story 3 will definitely not be a direct-to-video sequel. When Disney originally planned it, it was intended for that purpose. Pixar fought with Disney for a good while over that movie becuase of "Disneys" ability to put out extremely sub-par sequels. Now that Pixar has taken control of the TS3 storyline and production it will now be done appropriately.

SonicRuin

The Princess movies are actually considered spin-offs and not brand new movies in general. Spin-offs, which they never ruled out will still be created, but they are aimed at a specific demographic where feature animated films will no longer see sequels unless the story is amazing and it can be created to go to a theatre.

Toy Story 3 will definitely not be a direct-to-video sequel. When Disney originally planned it, it was intended for that purpose. Pixar fought with Disney for a good while over that movie becuase of "Disneys" ability to put out extremely sub-par sequels. Now that Pixar has taken control of the TS3 storyline and production it will now be done appropriately.

TOY STORY 2 was supposed to be a direct to video, and Pixar fought. Once Disney saw the early work, they decided to throw more money into it and turn it into an actual feature.

Green Lantern

i'd like them to see them finish lloyd alexander's the chronicles of pyridian series started off by "the black cauldron" (which is a combination of the first 2 books of a 5 part series)

I'd like to see this as well. It's one of my favorite stories and there is so much more to choose from story wise from the rest of the books.

Green Lantern

Well, let's see, what haven't they destroyed so far with a lame sequel?

Snow White - God, I hope not.
Pinocchio - Ditto.
Song of the South - Ooo. Talk about stirring up controversy!
Sleeping Beauty - They could, but why?
Make Mine Music - Why not? I loved Fantasia 2000. This could work...it just wouldn't be terribly popular.
Mary Poppins - I wasn't too happy with what they did to it on Broadway, so I don't think this sequel would be especially good, either.
Dumbo - No point in a sequel here. The story was told beautifully.
So Dear to My Heart - Uh, yeah. While I liked it, most people probably have never even heard of it.
Fun and Fancy Free - Like it, too, but again, very few know of its existence. Besides, Edgar Bergen ain't around no more.
Ichabod and Mr. Toad - Bing's dead, and Ichy may be too. Anything more about Mr. Toad would just be repetition.
The Black Cauldron - Could be interesting...
TRON - This is my choice...hands down.
The Black Hole - Maybe...
Chicken Little - I liked it. I could see a sequel for it.
Meet the Robinsons - Not sure how a sequel would be as good as the original, but I do like those characters.
Home on the Range - Could be done, but I doubt it would be popular.
Monsters, Inc. - Why? It was perfect as it was.
A Bug's Life - There are possibilities here. But would it be popular enough?
The Incredibles - I liked the movie, but it really was just a Fantastic Four rip-off. Why continue that?
Cars - The plot was a total rip-off of "Doc Hollywood." I'd like to see a sequel just so they can tell an original story with those characters.
Ratatouille - No reason to. The story was finished.

Ones I REEEEALLY DON'T want to see any more of: Pirates of the Caribbean, High School Musical, direct-to-video sequels, Narnia, The Haunted Mansion, The Country Bears.

I could be wrong, but I thought there was an annoucement recently about a Tron sequel?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom