Any popular WDW restaurants you just don't get the appeal of?

yedliW

I was underwhelmed with Yak and Yeti. There wasn't a very wide variety on the menu.

I didn't love 'Ohana for dinner. I can understand why people like it.. but I am not a fan of sweet seasonings on meats. The bread pudding desert is very good tho.. (and I am not usually a fan of bread pudding). I did however LOVE it for breakfast..

Boma was another that I didn't love.. I found enough to eat there, but there are other places I'd rather eat.

There has been quite a bit of mentions of Chef Mickey's here, but I would rank it higher than Crystal Palace. They are both pretty generic buffets, but I liked the energy and character selection at Chef Mickey's more than CP.

Fizban

/my personal opinion = on
I've eaten 3 times at Biergarten and I just don't get it. The food is terribly bland and mostly some time of sausauges. The wait staff is good along with the enterainment. I just cant get over the cost of a very lackluster meal.
/my personal opinion = off

Matt_Black

Honestly, being the sole person who intensely dislikes sauerkraut in a family that loves sauerkraut, I'm convinced that all German food is meant to be consumed with a Brobdingnagian amount of alcohol so you forget how awful it is. Except for desserts. Oh, German chocolate cake, please climb into my belly now.

PhilharMagician

50's Primetime has not been very impressive. Every time we have been there it seems as if we wait a long time to be seated. Once we are seated the food is just ok. A few years ago when they decided to go with a All-day menu they removed some of the more tasty options from their offerings.

Restaurant Marrakesh has been terrible both time we tried it. First time I had their Bastilla and was not impressed and left it and the lamb was ok at best. The second trip I had Shish kabob and it was beyond well done and I asked it to be medium rare. I did not complain and I probably should have. Instead I just said I would not go back since there are so many good options in WDW.

Coral Reef has great atmosphere, but the food just does not live up to it's location. Small entrees and limited selection really takes this location down. Fulton's is the place if I want fish. Not a return dining experience for us.

Chef Mickey's has become a place I really dislike. When our daughter was young we did it a few times, but the food is really terrible and it seams that just as you try to sit and eat, then it is time to twirl your napkin and celebrate. Fun for a 5 Y/O, but not for me. This buffet has to win the award for the worst buffet on property. H&V, CP, TH, 1900 PF are all superior to Chef Mickey.

Hockey89

Tony's ceased being good after they stopped serving breakfast. That was the only decent meal they could make.
I don't get Le Cellier. Sorry, I'll save my extra dining credits and use them somewhere I can get a better meal for less credits.

Kona, just no. It was good back in 2012-ish, then they changed the menu and the chef we had this past Fall was just horrible. Rude, wouldn't accomodate my food allergies, and both DBF and I got food poisoning. NEVER AGAIN!

I love the Plaza, they have the best french fries in the World for me (I actually crave them when I am not in Disney).

Also, people can bash Teppan Edo all they want that just leaves more ADR availability for me lol!
We have Benihana's and places like that around here and in other cities I have been in and I'm sorry, they don't compare to Teppan Edo.
Those that were complaining about it, they actually do lightly season the food and perhaps it was your chef that was the problem.
Teppan is the worst steak house I have ever been to in my life...

Phonedave

California Grill. Sushi not worth the hype. Best thing we ate was the butter and bread. I have not been since the update.

While I would not go so far as to say the best thing there was the butter and bread (I did find some good dishes there) I do agree about the sushi. I did not find it all that impressive. Presentation - sure, that was great. The fish itself, not so much. Middle of the road quality with a lot of extra "stuff" on it that hid the taste of the just OK fish. Maybe that was a good thing?

-dave

LoveDiz

Le Cellier...the best part is the private entrance..love that beautiful garden and that is about it. Kinna freaked about reading this blog as we are trying the 50's Prime Time Café for the first time this trip. We have been to Diz about a dozen times and always frequent our favs. We decided to change it up and are adding 50's Prime Time. Hope I don't regret this!

TB4244

I'm going to have to say Trail's End. People have said that it's a "hidden gem" restaurant, but the food wasn't as good as I had hoped. I love the theming, but the food wasn't anything that special to me.
I'd agree with this, we tried the Trails End on our last trip and apart from being a total nightmare to get to, we arrived at the same time as the Hoop Dee Doo, so it was packed with people outside. But I was quite disappointed with the restaurants fare, I thought the buffet was small with a severe lack of choice, and most of it was so-so. The theming was lovely, but I wouldn't bother with it again.
Mind you our friends who dined with us loved it to bits, so perhaps its just us?

Philhar-Fanatic

Le Cellier...the best part is the private entrance..love that beautiful garden and that is about it. Kinna freaked about reading this blog as we are trying the 50's Prime Time Café for the first time this trip. We have been to Diz about a dozen times and always frequent our favs. We decided to change it up and are adding 50's Prime Time. Hope I don't regret this!
Stick with the fried chicken and you'll be fine! It's a must do for us every trip!

Philhar-Fanatic

I'd agree with this, we tried the Trails End on our last trip and apart from being a total nightmare to get to, we arrived at the same time as the Hoop Dee Doo, so it was packed with people outside. But I was quite disappointed with the restaurants fare, I thought the buffet was small with a severe lack of choice, and most of it was so-so. The theming was lovely, but I wouldn't bother with it again.
Mind you our friends who dined with us loved it to bits, so perhaps its just us?

Completely agree with this! It was very underwhelming for dinner!

Courtney6682

I'm really surprised people are bashing Restaurant Marrakesh. It's been one of our favorites. We didn't find the food bland at all. We loved the belly dancing. The deserts were really good. Of course, it's been 6 years since we went last. Has it gone down hill or something?

We went for the first time in Feb of 2014 and loved it. My husband loved the lamb and Moroccan beer and I loved the coucous, veggies and mint tea. We would def go back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom