Any popular WDW restaurants you just don't get the appeal of?

Tinkerfan4ever

Boma. I was really really excited about this place because of all the fantastic reviews. The service was fine, the food was ok, but not a thing (well except for zebra domes) stood out as WOW in my book. I wanted to be excited about it, but it just didn't do it for me.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The Italian restaurant in Epcot. It was just "eh."

The place was packed and the staff seemed hurried and almost running into eachother.

I was brought up on my Nonna's old world recipes from southern Italy, so I'm a tough critic.

Which one? There are two table service restaurants in the Italy pavilion.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I agree with Le Cellier. When I ate there my meal was okay, not as outstanding as I was lead to believe. I make better beer cheese soup (tooting my own horn :))

m3owbox

Boma. I was really really excited about this place because of all the fantastic reviews. The service was fine, the food was ok, but not a thing (well except for zebra domes) stood out as WOW in my book. I wanted to be excited about it, but it just didn't do it for me.
I didn't like Boma either. The food was a total miss in our whole family's book.

HouCuseChickie

I try to be more forgiving when a restaurant has a secondary appeal factor beyond the food. For that reason, things like WCC, 50s, and pretty much any character meal can't really factor into my list. So, I'm going to try and stick to places where it's just about the food.

Le Cellier - The last time we went, it was that strange transition time where lunch was still 1 credit, but dinner was signature. I ordered the famous cheddar cheese soup and the legendary filet. Maybe cheddar cheese soup isn't my thing, but the taste and consistency just said spruced up canned condensed soup to me. I was not impressed. The filet was average...very average. Not bad, but not even close to best steak of my life.

Boma Dinner - It wasn't awful, but it wasn't special either and I didn't feel like we got much in the way of proteins/entrée type foods that were worthy of the price tag. The best things I ate were tabouleh and some rice. The heavily raved about zebra domes were a huge disappointment.

Be Our Guest lunch and dinner - Yes, it is a visually stunning place, it was a novelty to have a lunch fastpass, and it's nice to have drinks with dinner in MK...but that's where it ends for me. The lunch food was good...not great. Dinner had some bright spots...the charcuterie and French onion soup were good, and DH's steak wasn't bad. The kids hated their food and my pork & macaroni were awful. The pork was rubbery and didn't taste right. The macaroni was so salty it was inedible.

Redsoxfn79

I really enjoyed le cellar. Though food was good, had the rib eye..... Best part very dark to hid the folks wearing tank tops and Mickey shirts that are a tad too tight even for xxxxxl

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Mine off hand are Ohana, Chef Mickey, Via Napoli, LeCeiller and Boma.

Ohana offerings have slipped too much now. Chef Mickey is over priced for the offerings and the service is just bad. LeCeiller is just a money grab, it so isn't a signature restaurant by quality or service nor keeping to their ADR times. Boma was a free for all the last two times we were there for dinner. Poorest Service, lesser offering, worst experience to date over all the years has been Biergarten. Biergarten pales to what it was as a TS menu restaurant.

My little codicil though to my list is Boma has a very nice buffet (so far) for breakfast. A value considering the prices of other buffets on property and the food offerings are substantially better her gimmicky buffets. That was how their dinner use to be long ago.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
This is on our wish list, would you tell us more ?
It's been a while since we went but the level of service we expected was sub par. May have had something to do with not ordering wine service with our meal as the demeanor of our server changed significantly when we advised them we were not ordering wine. The food was ok but nothing I would rave about. It might have been better if I had not have had to dress up to dine there. Just not my type of establishment.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It's been a while since we went but the level of service we expected was sub par. May have had something to do with not ordering wine service with our meal as the demeanor of our server changed significantly when we advised them we were not ordering wine. The food was ok but nothing I would rave about. It might have been better if I had not have had to dress up to dine there. Just not my type of establishment.
Wow, sorry it was not up to par. We've been there multiple times (and again next month!), and everything has been awesome. I really hope that not ordering the wine flight was not the reason for the change. The food we have had there has simply been the best we've ever had anywhere, and we love fine dining wherever we go.

Hockey89

I'm sorry but you have zero idea what "high end" food is if you have that comment.... There is always those people that think Per se or TFL are overrated. Nothing you can do with these types...

Hockey89

Wow, sorry it was not up to par. We've been there multiple times (and again next month!), and everything has been awesome. I really hope that not ordering the wine flight was not the reason for the change. The food we have had there has simply been the best we've ever had anywhere, and we love fine dining wherever we go.
This is all true.... Like I said above there are always people that have no clue or just like applebees... Place is amazing and as good as any place in the USA.

Hockey89

You are probably correct. My pallet is likely marred by all the Bologna and government cheese sandwiches and non bottled water I have to exist on. :rolleyes:
Yeah, you can be sarcastic, but it's dead on. You have zero clue and the problem is with you and not v&a... Go look at any of the 10000 reviews around.... It's you not them....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom