Any pics of the crowds?

MarkTwain

Epcot was a breeze today. Soarin' was 100-130 mins and M:Space was 60-90 for most of the day (depending on the version), Spaceship Earth was 35 and Test Track was 150 around midday. But the park itself looked like any day in early December, it was very manageable and easy to walk around. There's some thought that bad snow conditions in most of the country have kept a lot of people out of Orlando this year.

Siren

DSC09383_zps4ed3b50c.jpg

7:50pm December 26. Generally a very manageable night in DHS crowdwise
Gorgeous pic, it's so pretty. I would love to be at WDW right now.

bethymouse

Been in the "hoards" of people leaving. We just hold hands and Mooooooove with the crowd.:D It just doesn't matter when I'm in WDW. I just like to be there.;) You just can't beat EPCOT and MK fireworks!;) I enjoyed watching them from the beach at the POLY each night, but one night we still stayed at MK. It's breathtaking any time of the year!:D

TaoBoxer

So glad we don't go during the holidays......yikes!
We were just at WDW for the past 10 days. It's been a long standing family Xmas tradition. Let me tell you, I've never seen it so busy ! So much for the recession ! My wife posted pics here yesterday. I was going to post mine but, my photog skills rather suck.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
We were at Epcot for New Year's Eve last night. I don't have very good pictures of the crowds, but have shared a few of them below.

We arrived at the park around 1pm (after seeing Wreck-it Ralph at Downtown Disney) and the signs on the road to Magic Kingdom said "FULL" at this time (in place of the arrows), and there was a big traffic jam on the road to Magic Kingdom. Luckily we could drive quite easily into the Epcot parking lot and the Cast Members were doing a great job directing cars. We were parked quickly.

There was a HUGE group of people waiting for the trams, so we decided to walk to the entrance along with hundreds of other people. It was no surprise that the bag-checking area was extremely busy. It took us about 45 minutes to get through this crowd of people, and we were lucky because we were on the side and our line was moving a lot faster than the rest.

crowd0.jpg

crowd1.jpg

We found the park noticeably more crowded than a year ago (when we were at Epcot for NYE also), but on a day like this we do not expect to do attractions like Soarin and Test Track. Instead, we are there for the atmosphere, music and fireworks ... but we did manage to do a few attractions. We did Universe of Energy (20 minute wait), Living with the Land (FP), Great Piggy Bank Adventure in Innoventions (this was fun, had never done it before; 10 minute wait) and the VISION House tour in Innoventions (10 minute wait) and The American Adventure (no wait). After midnight we also did Gran Fiesta Tour and Spaceship Earth with almost no waiting.

crowd2.jpg

The Land was VERY crowded, but on busy days they open up the door next to the downstairs restrooms, so you can walk right in there (next to Imagination) and avoid the bottleneck at the elevators.

crowd3c.jpg

^ they're selling booze everywhere

crowd4.jpg

At 6pm they were supposed to start handing out hats and horns, but we found they already started around 4:30pm in front of Wonders of Life. No waiting at all here:

crowd5y.jpg

The longest wait time we saw was 280 for Soarin. I cannot believe people would stand in line for over 4½ hours for a single attraction:

crowd6.jpg

People sit around on the grass all over the place, and they even open up fences so you can sit on grass where you would normally not be able to go at all.

crowd7.jpg

crowd8.jpg

Despite the crowds we still had a fun time. The biggest problem was the bag check area upon arrival, and when leaving at 1:15am getting off the parking lot was a nightmare. There are also very long lines at all the restrooms throughout the day (especially for women), but one great tip is to always go to the World Showplace building between the UK and Canada. Those restrooms are HUGE and there was never a line when we were there. Even when you're all the way on the other side of the park, I think you'll save a lot of time to walk to World Showplace and back just to use the restrooms there.

coachwnh

It was our first time there at Christmas, and I have to say, although the MK went to phase 2 and 3 closings on several days, if you were in any of the parks at opening, you were able to get so much done!!! There were times (prior to 9 am each morning) when we just walked on anything we wanted in MK, including Space Mt, PP, and Little Mermaid. The one exception was story time will belle (we waited about 15 minutes, it was posted 30 at 710 am!) Epcot, HS, and AK were also very easy to do in the early morning. We left each day as the crowds grew. we were usually out by 11 am. By the time we headed back in at night, things were still crowded, but more like a peak summer night to us (when we are usually there).

Britt

We were at Epcot for New Year's Eve last night. I don't have very good pictures of the crowds, but have shared a few of them below.

We arrived at the park around 1pm (after seeing Wreck-it Ralph at Downtown Disney) and the signs on the road to Magic Kingdom said "FULL" at this time (in place of the arrows), and there was a big traffic jam on the road to Magic Kingdom. Luckily we could drive quite easily into the Epcot parking lot and the Cast Members were doing a great job directing cars. We were parked quickly.

There was a HUGE group of people waiting for the trams, so we decided to walk to the entrance along with hundreds of other people. It was no surprise that the bag-checking area was extremely busy. It took us about 45 minutes to get through this crowd of people, and we were lucky because we were on the side and our line was moving a lot faster than the rest.

crowd0.jpg

crowd1.jpg

We found the park noticeably more crowded than a year ago (when we were at Epcot for NYE also), but on a day like this we do not expect to do attractions like Soarin and Test Track. Instead, we are there for the atmosphere, music and fireworks ... but we did manage to do a few attractions. We did Universe of Energy (20 minute wait), Living with the Land (FP), Great Piggy Bank Adventure in Innoventions (this was fun, had never done it before; 10 minute wait) and the VISION House tour in Innoventions (10 minute wait) and The American Adventure (no wait). After midnight we also did Gran Fiesta Tour and Spaceship Earth with almost no waiting.

crowd2.jpg

The Land was VERY crowded, but on busy days they open up the door next to the downstairs restrooms, so you can walk right in there (next to Imagination) and avoid the bottleneck at the elevators.

crowd3c.jpg

^ they're selling booze everywhere

crowd4.jpg

At 6pm they were supposed to start handing out hats and horns, but we found they already started around 4:30pm in front of Wonders of Life. No waiting at all here:

crowd5y.jpg

The longest wait time we saw was 280 for Soarin. I cannot believe people would stand in line for over 4½ hours for a single attraction:

crowd6.jpg

People sit around on the grass all over the place, and they even open up fences so you can sit on grass where you would normally not be able to go at all.

crowd7.jpg

crowd8.jpg

Despite the crowds we still had a fun time. The biggest problem was the bag check area upon arrival, and when leaving at 1:15am getting off the parking lot was a nightmare. There are also very long lines at all the restrooms throughout the day (especially for women), but one great tip is to always go to the World Showplace building between the UK and Canada. Those restrooms are HUGE and there was never a line when we were there. Even when you're all the way on the other side of the park, I think you'll save a lot of time to walk to World Showplace and back just to use the restrooms there.
OMG! My jaw seriously dropped. I will never EVER go to WDW during the holidays. I could feel the irritation with the crowds just looking at them...ROFL

PUSH

Wow. That is insane! So not worth a vacation. Only way I'd go during those times would be if I lived within a short distance of the World.

G00fyDad

Wow. That is insane! So not worth a vacation. Only way I'd go during those times would be if I lived within a short distance of the World.

I wouldn't go even then. My tolerance fuse for the stupidity of others is quite short. That many people.... someone is bound to get on my last nerve. I wouldn't want to ruin someone else's vacation so I would stay away.

PUSH

I wouldn't go even then. My tolerance fuse for the stupidity of others is quite short. That many people.... someone is bound to get on my last nerve. I wouldn't want to ruin someone else's vacation so I would stay away.

I usually have pretty good patience, but if it's ridiculous I lose it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom