Any pics of the crowds?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I wouldn't go even then. My tolerance fuse for the stupidity of others is quite short. That many people.... someone is bound to get on my last nerve. I wouldn't want to ruin someone else's vacation so I would stay away.

Wow! Those pic's are amazing. I wish I could find my pictures of Millenium Epcot NYE, everyone was fighting for a scrap of grass. Ahhh Memories of waiting an hour to pee!

Britt

...Meanwhile, this guy is keeping it classy in the Sunshine State, Epcotnam Style -

epcot_monorail_NYE_3.jpg
OMG I seriously just busted up laughing!! ??

Bob Saget

Man laying on his back: "Oh great Sun God, be merciful on me this day. Shine down upon me with your greatness, oh Sun God. Bless my family with as little wait times as possible for Soarin', if it be your will. May your beams of light bronze my bosoms, oh mighty Sun God, and may your guidance aid me in choosing better theme park apparel next time. Amen."

Man wearing white & red hat: "I hope the people behind me don't realize I just let a silent one rip in their general direction."

bethymouse

Wow! Now that's crowded! I didn't realize they had "grass" seating for the fireworks at EPCOT. Would they be good places to see them?:eek:

Timekeeper

Wow! Now that's crowded! I didn't realize they had "grass" seating for the fireworks at EPCOT. Would they be good places to see them?:eek:

Well, you can't really see the fire barge, water fountains, or globe very well (anything close to the water level), but for the bulk of the fireworks, it's fine.

Timekeeper

That had actually crossed my mind.

The funny thing is, the skywriter later drew "U + GOD - (smiley face)" In other words, he/she didn't draw the second line in the "equals" sign, so it looked like a minus sign, or a negative symbol. I overheard some guests discussing the humor in that ("minus happy")...

So, worst skywriter ever?

BringMeTheHoriz

OMG! My jaw seriously dropped. I will never EVER go to WDW during the holidays. I could feel the irritation with the crowds just looking at them...ROFL

I went to NYE at the Magic Kingdom. You can go, but you have to go knowing you shouldn't get in line to ride any rides and just go to walk around and enjoy the madness. Once you get those two things in your head, go and have a good time. I spent 6 hours in the park before midnight and didn't ride a single ride. I can guarantee I had a better time than most people who decided to wait 150 minutes for Space Mountain, or 4 hours for Soarin'

Britt

I went to NYE at the Magic Kingdom. You can go, but you have to go knowing you shouldn't get in line to ride any rides and just go to walk around and enjoy the madness. Once you get those two things in your head, go and have a good time. I spent 6 hours in the park before midnight and didn't ride a single ride. I can guarantee I had a better time than most people who decided to wait 150 minutes for Space Mountain, or 4 hours for Soarin'
Right? I think that's all you can do! Find a good spot and people watch! Lol

Ginzuishou

Someone sky writes "prais Jesus" What do they think will happen? All of a sudden, everyone below will get on their knees and praise Jesus? Must take lots of skill to skywrite, so I can appreciate that aspect of it.

Timekeeper

Someone sky writes "prais Jesus" What do they think will happen? All of a sudden, everyone below will get on their knees and praise Jesus? Must take lots of skill to skywrite, so I can appreciate that aspect of it.

Perhaps it would make more sense if the following photos were posted adjacent to each other:

Epcot_Skywriting_NYE.jpg

epcot_monorail_NYE_3.jpg

:p

P.S. This link between these photos wasn't intentional, just a play on forum member Bob Saget's play on this guy's "prayer" to the sun.

SulleyanBoo

Wow! I have always wanted to to Epcot for New Years. I want to go for the experience but, im glad I literally at least know what to expect now!

While we are on the subject of crowds, does anyone know how they will be this weekend. My fiance and I have annuals and wanted to take a day trip (we live an hour away) this Sunday. But, we really wouldn't want to take a day trip on an extremely crowded day.

Timekeeper

While we are on the subject of crowds, does anyone know how they will be this weekend. My fiance and I have annuals and wanted to take a day trip (we live an hour away) this Sunday. But, we really wouldn't want to take a day trip on an extremely crowded day.

It will probably be much less than last weekend, but still not less enough for me. I tend to observe the academic calendars and go when most schools are back in session. So, for me, I will start going more next week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom