princess storybook breakfast(akershus)
rainforest cafe in ak dinner
sci fi diner lunch
donalds prehistoric breakfast
crystal palace dinner
ohana dinner
alfredos dinner

thanks for the input!!!:p

I would avoid The Rainforest Cafe. As for the others, I haven't been there in a long time.

dvcnut39

One of our musts every trip is Crystal Palace for dinner.

We are also planning on trying Ohana's for dinner and 1900 Park Fare for dinner in July07. Let us know which ones you chose and how you liked them. Thanks and enjoy!

Ella's Mommy

O'hana's is sooooo good!!! That is the first place we have dinner every time we go. CP on the other hand was very dissapointing. The food wasnt really up to "disney" standards. You should really think about Chef Mickey's for dinner. Even if you dont have kids the food is really good! They have the best parm mashed potatoes:slurp: Not that I have had parm mashed anywhere else. HAHAHHA

slappy magoo

1900 park fare dinner-ate there once a looong time ago. Liked it, it was fun, they gave me a special birthday cupcake.

princess storybook breakfast(akershus)-never ate there, but lots of people seem to like it, especially if you have daughters and can't get to Cinderella's.

rainforest cafe in ak dinner-never ate there, the consensus generally seems to be "Meh."

sci fi diner lunch-they make burgers and shakes well. Everything else is iffy.

donalds prehistoric breakfast-never ate there, but hear good things.

crystal palace dinner-had a great lunch there. Sit for lunch late enough, it's not as busy, and the character spend more time with the few people that are there. Something to think about if you have kids.

ohana dinner-Liked it a lot. If possible, ask/angle for a window view of the castle as it starts getting dark.

alfredos dinner-never ate there, but the consensus I've read is "so not worth the money they charge."

thanks for the input!!!:p[/QUOTE]

mikey

I think you've got a great list of spots! We've done them all, except for dinner at Crystal Palace, and have been happy with all.

I think your nice surprise will be Donald's Breakfastosaurus. We've started the day there the last three or four trips, then moved on to the Safari (and more recently, Everest) and the rest of Animal Kingdom. It's a great character buffet, and all the servers are fun.

Have a great trip!

mikey

Aurora23

Ohana is a staple for every trip from now on! Love it there! Sci-Fi has always been a favorite too. Your list looks very good. The Rainforst Cafe is very over priced for what you get. But if you want to experience the atmosphere, it is a lot of fun. Just remember it is part of a very large chain of restaurants (Landry's, Joe's Crab Shack, The Aquarium...) and they don't treat you very Disney-like there.

Pioneer Hall

I will comment on where I have been...

Sci-Fi is good for lunch. The choices are normal american fare and the atmosphere is a lot of fun. Just make sure you make your priority seating well in advance.

Donald's Breakfastosaurus is a very good character breakfast (probably my favorite). I would definately recommend it.

Crystal Palace is good, but nothing too special. I would sooner eat at Liberty Tree Tavern if I was dining in the Magic Kingdom.

Ohana is very good, and I definately recommend it. The new menu changes are also very good in my opinion. There are also activities for kids, so they will be entertained.

Alfredo's is good, but it is a little different than traditional american italian food. If you like different tastes you will like this restaurant.

I haven't been to the AK rainforest, but have been to a bunch of others (including DTD). With all the places to eat at WDW I would pick many others over Rainforest Cafe.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
just wanted to hear what anyone had to say about the choices

1900 park fare dinner
princess storybook breakfast(akershus)
rainforest cafe in ak dinner
sci fi diner lunch
donalds prehistoric breakfast
crystal palace dinner
ohana dinner
alfredos dinner

thanks for the input!!!:p

1900 park fare - haven't been
Akershurs - haven't been
Rainforest - meh, it's not the greatest
Sci Fi - 50's prime time is better
Donald's Breakfastasarus - I liked it
Crystal Palace - I haven't been in years
Ohana's - YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY
Alfredo's - the food is good, but the service can stink - Le Cellier is better!

wickedwitchware

Original Poster
see this was what i was looking for..ive heard many mixed reviews of rainforest and have been playing with the idea of going elsewhere..but wasnt sure if just the atmosphere was enough..guess maybe not
thanks for the input ..now to find a good replacement that isnt booked...lol:eek:

tracyandalex

we had both ohana's and alfredo's in april and loved them both. do be aware though that alfredo's is a little loud and the tables are really close together. the atmosphere is great in both places. ohana has games for kids and alfredo's has roving musicians that play your favorite italian tunes.

we also had donald's breakfastosaurus. the atmosphere was good - the server keep with the them of the restraunt and of course the characters make any meal more enjoyable. the food however was not the best, but it wasn't the worst either.

hope this helps
have fun :wave:

tracy & alex

wickedwitchware

Original Poster
the reasoning for donalds breakfast is that my son is a huge donald fan so i figured that for christmas morning it would be nice little surprise,even if the food isnt all that great.if the boy is happy thats enough for me!!:D

davinakb

the reasoning for donalds breakfast is that my son is a huge donald fan so i figured that for christmas morning it would be nice little surprise,even if the food isnt all that great.if the boy is happy thats enough for me!!:D
We've done breakfast with Donald several times and always enyoyed it, as well as the Sci-Fi. RFC at DD is better than the one at AK. Alfredos is good, but IMO no better than say a Carrabbas or your local, nice Italian restaurant. FWIW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom