Any news on HoP?

danv3

So I took the Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic tour last week. While in Imagineering, my wife asked our Imagineer guide about the status of HOP while we were in the sculpture room (full of sculptures of other presidents). Like when will it reopen, are you working on Trump AA, etc. The Imagineer got very squirrelly and said “I’m not sure I can talk about that...” He left the room to check on what he could say, and when he returned he proceeded to read us the most recent official blog post!

Although Imagineering was full of secrets, this was the only topic on which he acted in this way. Very curious.

TeriofTerror

I was surprised to check my Unofficial Guide and see this ranked as a 3 1/2 star major attraction. I know anecdotal evidence is no stand-in for verified statistical data, but I honestly can't remember the last time I saw this attraction more than 1/4 - 1/3 full. And to even experience it, I had to drag my family in. I seriously think it was easier to force them through the Swiss Family Treehouse.
And while I understand that popularity is not the sole measure of an attraction's value, I have to think it's at least a factor.
(P.S. I know this will prompt a chorus of "I love HoP" responses, but I think my point still stands. Even WDETR is - again, in my experience - routinely better attended than HoP.)

JoeCamel

I was surprised to check my Unofficial Guide and see this ranked as a 3 1/2 star major attraction. I know anecdotal evidence is no stand-in for verified statistical data, but I honestly can't remember the last time I saw this attraction more than 1/4 - 1/3 full. And to even experience it, I had to drag my family in. I seriously think it was easier to force them through the Swiss Family Treehouse.
And while I understand that popularity is not the sole measure of an attraction's value, I have to think it's at least a factor.
(P.S. I know this will prompt a chorus of "I love HoP" responses, but I think my point still stands. Even WDETR is - again, in my experience - routinely better attended than HoP.)
You should go on a smokin' hot day. Gets better attended then

splash1988

My family is heading back in April. I have begun the planning now. I was looking on the MDE app and noticed it is still closed. Does anyone have any insider info on when this will be opened? (Please, I beg of everyone, no political commentary. There are other forums and threads for that. Let’s try to keep this open for attraction status speculation only)
Thank you so much for starting this thread. Information on the OPENING of this attraction is hard to come by. Hopefully someone has some insight as to an opening date soon.

splash1988

Other sites are saying it is rumored that this attraction won't reopen until mid 2018. Pretty sad that Disney will reopen Stitch's Great Escape but won't reopen the doors to HoP, especially when it sounds like everything might be ready inside?

splash1988

Hey guys, let’s mind the no politics rule and keep the jabs in the other thread. Does anyone have any thoughts on why “the other site” is tossing this idea of a delay around all of a sudden? What changed?
I'm sure Cast Members have been getting more and more questions regarding the attraction given the last statement from Disney eluded to the end of 2017 and well, the end of 2017 is here.

FigmentFan3

I'm sure Cast Members have been getting more and more questions regarding the attraction given the last statement from Disney eluded to the end of 2017 and well, the end of 2017 is here.
Very true. Does anybody know what a cast member will say lately if asked? What the current “canned” response is?

Fantasia Gardens

C378A6E3-0909-44AA-890E-F2ED24F8383E.jpeg
The HoP website is so out of date, it still lists 43 presidents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom