any lunch suggestions for Hollywood Studios?

kgray18

Original Poster
Hi, I'm taking my kids (4 & 2) to Hollywood Studios for the first time on Saturday. I bring in lunch for them when we do MK & AK and I probably will do the same for HS. Can anyone suggest a good lunch spot at HS for the adults and a nice spot to sit & eat?

Thanks in advance for you input. :animwink:

Goofyque'

I echo Sci fi for a cool sit down, but if you are looking for a quick bite, there is Rosie's near the RnR, great picnic tables, a Victory Garden to look at, and the sandwiches are amazing!! (and I am NOT into sandwiches!)

NiarrNDisney

If it's just lunch I like Backlot Express, they have a lot of options and the food is great. You could also try the ABC Commissary they have a pretty extensive menu and since it's inside it will help keep you cool on a hot summer day.

toetheline29

There's a food court-type area by Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster. I forget what it's called, but you'd notice it if you walked by. There's a couple of different windows and lots of seating (much of it is covered, so you're out of the sun/rain). It's not really anything special, but we always end up eating there because it's conveniently located next to the major rides and because we usually find better variety there than at other fast food locations throughout the park. They sell hamburgers, personal pizzas, salad, turkey legs, french fries, and I think taco salad. Of course, they sell beverages here, and there's condiment stands, so if you need napkins/silverware/ketchup/etc, you're set. If you're going to bring food in, this might not be a bad place to eat it because there's lots of seating available.

If your kids have seen Toy Story, you might consider stopping by Pizza Planet. You said they are 4 and 2, so they might be a bit too young to make the connection between the movie and the restaraunt (In the movie, Andy takes Woody and Buzz to Pizza Planet). They sell (you guessed it) primarily pizza there. It's fast food as well. And, like in the movie, there's claw machines. There's also a variety of other arcade games, if memory serves. It can be a bit loud at times, but it's a fun atmosphere.

But, if you're bringing food in, your best bet is the spot by Tower of Terror. Lots of covered seating and a convenient location.

rickmusic53

Hi, I'm taking my kids (4 & 2) to Hollywood Studios for the first time on Saturday. I bring in lunch for them when we do MK & AK and I probably will do the same for HS. Can anyone suggest a good lunch spot at HS for the adults and a nice spot to sit & eat?

I agree Sci-Fi is a great place for the family. So is the 50's Diner. Great atmosphere and the food is very good.

DizneyPryncess

The Backlot Express is nice for a quick bite to eat, and has a fun view of the Star Tours jedi training. It's cute to watch all the kids learn how to become jedi's. I got a really good grilled turkey sandwich there.

If you want something indoors that's a sit down meal, I agree with Sci-Fi Diner. I usually prefer it for dinner, but it's really nice for lunch too, and probably less crowded at that time of day. Still, I would make reservations beforehand.

DisneyPrincess5

For lunch, I'd definitely condiser Sci-Fi. It's a really cool place, light menu, and a nice little sit-down for your mid-day meal.
Have fun!

I agree with everyone else ScFi is a great place for kids & adults, they can get drinks with a Tink Light up or a Pirate Light Up. I'm sure they would love it there, call ahead though to get reservations so you can sit in a car and not at a bench, the kids will not like the bench seating at all I am sure. I didn't like it the one time I had to sit in it.
Take care Enjoy your time at the most Magical Place On Earth :wave:

pacochran

If your planning on bringing you lunch which I think is what you said. Outside the ABC Commissary there are a couple of tables. Also between streets of America and Backlot tours there is a fast food restaurant that has tables under the roof so you can be out of the sun, and you don't feel like your bringing food into the place. Also just before the RnRC there are tables that are near the food stand (can't remember the name). Those are the places that i can think of that would be confortable.

Gig 'Em Mickey

If your kids have seen Toy Story, you might consider stopping by Pizza Planet. You said they are 4 and 2, so they might be a bit too young to make the connection between the movie and the restaraunt (In the movie, Andy takes Woody and Buzz to Pizza Planet). They sell (you guessed it) primarily pizza there. It's fast food as well. And, like in the movie, there's claw machines. There's also a variety of other arcade games, if memory serves. It can be a bit loud at times, but it's a fun atmosphere.

Could not disagree more. Pizza Planet looks nothing like it did in the movie. Food is horrible, and it's jsut a big room with lots of video games (THAT AREN'T FREE) and uncomfortable chairs. Did I mention the food was horrible?

Our son loves Toy Story so we wanted to hit this place up. We were sorely disappointed.

pacochran

Could not disagree more. Pizza Planet looks nothing like it did in the movie. Food is horrible, and it's jsut a big room with lots of video games (THAT AREN'T FREE) and uncomfortable chairs. Did I mention the food was horrible?

Our son loves Toy Story so we wanted to hit this place up. We were sorely disappointed.

While I agree it's nothing like movie, we don't think the food is that bad, I like their salads. Also for a few bucks it's nice to let the kids have some fund and parents can sit and rest.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

May I recommend Pizza Planet! It is our favorite!!!! :slurp::slurp: But for bringing in a meal - there are lovely trees and shade over by the Brown Derby. If looking for tables - over by Sunshine Market is nice. :wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
While I agree that Sci-Fi is a great place for lunch, I think you are looking for a decent place to sit down.

If that is the case, there are a lot of tables outside of Pizza Planet (near Muppets) or make a left on Sunset Boulevard (going toward Tower of Terror). Along the left side is a large seating area, and many small stands in case you want to buy a drink or some fruit to go along with your lunch.

Keri

Actually, we did not like Sci-Fi. It was on the quiet side, and it was weird not facing all of your party at the table. Also, the movies were not fun for kids. I wouldn't choose Sci-Fi with kids.

pacochran

Actually, we did not like Sci-Fi. It was on the quiet side, and it was weird not facing all of your party at the table. Also, the movies were not fun for kids. I wouldn't choose Sci-Fi with kids.
I think it depends on the kids, because we went when my kids were 7 and 5 and they loved it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom