Any happy little thought?

Kelsybelle

Having read some of the stories in "It couldn't happen at WDW - could it" I started to lose some of my happy thoughts about WDW. So please please tell me what it is about WDW that makes you feel warm and squidgy inside:lol:

We're returning to WDW in October for the first time since we had children and I can't wait to see WDW from their perspective.

My happy thought, is parking in Happy 67, catching the monorail through the Contemporary resort and seeing and hearing the music and colour on Main Street USA for the first time.

So what's your happy thought:rolleyes:

The good thing is I can probably vouch for everyone and say that the incredible Disney moments and memories totally outway anything negative that has happended on WDW property but as human beings when someone gets on a soap box and starts whining, well it's very easy to get caught up in the drama! That being said, I'm thrilled you started this post!
My happy Disney moments are.......
1982 going with my family for the first time, I was 9 and I'll never forget the whole entire trip!
1999 going with my family and my 1 yr old neice (she is 10 now!) and being there with her!
2001 getting married in WDW. Hearing the music to "Some day my Prince will come" just before the Wedding Pavilion doors opened for me to walk down the isle to see my husband! Sharing that whole experience with my family and friends and my new 1yr old neice (she is 8 now!)
All the years from 2003-2005!
2008 being in WDW for the first time with my 1yr old daughter! I bawled when we walked through Fantasy Land! Seeing the World through her was amazing! Then being able to go on every "Mountain" with my neices! I can't believe they were big enough to finally go on those kinds of rides with me! (past years with their parents only)
So there you have it! There are tons more but those are the ones that stick out the most! Have a wonderful vacation and make lots and lots of Disney memories!

The first trip with our son was when he was four years old (now 14). Pooh was his absolute favorite and my husband and I were totally unprepared for the emotions that welled up when Dylan first saw Pooh at the Crystal Palace. His eyes were as big as saucers and he just kept saying, "Pooh, Pooh" and hugged him. In the photo, Dylan appears to be about a foot tall and Pooh looks like a giant. I get teary just thinking about it. The photo still hangs on our wall in a collage I made of the trip. Dylan told me that night after his bath (while wearing his official mouse ears) that this was the best day of his life. We've been hooked on the magic every since.

Yankeeplex

The look on my daughter's face when we first drive on the grounds and she sees the 'Walt Disney World' sign is simply priceless. I can't wait for my son, who is 5 months old, to be old enough to appreciate like she does.

Scott951

2 Happy Thoughts

My happy little thought would definitely be last October seeing my two kids (ages 3 and 2 at the time) reactions to the whole Disney World experience. I have been to Disney World countless times before (including my honeymoon), but seeing it through my kids’ eyes for the first time ever was truly magical. To them, it is real. Mickey Mouse is a real 5-foot plus talking mouse. Ariel is really a mermaid. The Disney Magic is real. They still talk about this trip every day.

Another happy thought for me would be my aforementioned honeymoon. My wife and I went to WDW one week on land (staying at POFQ) and one week on the Disney Magic. To say those two weeks were amazing would be a severe understatement.

EPCOT Explorer

Where to start my list...
I really am not a parade person, but I could watch Spectromagic for hours. The music just creates feelings I can't explain.
Driving under the WDW sign tells me I'm home.
The MK opening ceremony pumps me up for the day.
The music in Space Mountain always puts a smile on my face.
My big HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY moment in Philharmagic. My ears tear up every time I watch Philharmagic. It reminds me of everything Disney. :)

Oh...one last one.
We always drive down because we love the drive. At some point in the Carolinas these huge billboards for this store (whose name I can't remember) that apparently sells EVERYTHING pop up. That really lets me know I'm on my way home.

South of the Border?

My first post. Please be gentle... :)

My happy thought is in 12 days I will be "wheels up" with my family on our way to Disney. We have been several times before, but this will be the first time we fly into Orlando instead of driving for 12 hours.

I am really looking forward to arriving in Orlando in a "functional" state-of-mind, as opposed to having to take a day to "decompress" after driving.
Welcome!Perfect way to start posting!:wave::sohappy:

JDM

Waking up early at POR, then walking across property to grab some breakfast items while my wife and daughter get ready.

It's so quiet and peaceful at that hour. Very few people. Not even a ripple on the river.......

mickeymouse090

On my way down from Ohio when I see the signs that say Disney & I know I’m almost there I get so excited…but not until I actually get to MK and walk down Main Street & see Cinderella Castle do I have to pinch myself to make sure it really isn’t a dream! :)

On my last trip in 2006 it was our first day at Disney & as soon as MK opened we were on our way to ride Space Mountain, we were almost there…and as we were passing by Stitch’s Great Escape from out of nowhere Stitch came running out and grabbed my friend & hugged her. :lol: She was so startled being her first trip to Disney she wasn’t expecting something like this to happen at all…I on the other hand was laughing and immediately feeling like a kid again at Disney, knowing it is the special things like this that make Disney so wonderful no matter what your age is!

Kelsybelle

On my way down from Ohio when I see the signs that say Disney & I know I’m almost there I get so excited…but not until I actually get to MK and walk down Main Street & see Cinderella Castle do I have to pinch myself to make sure it really isn’t a dream! :)

On my last trip in 2006 it was our first day at Disney & as soon as MK opened we were on our way to ride Space Mountain, we were almost there…and as we were passing by Stitch’s Great Escape from out of nowhere Stitch came running out and grabbed my friend & hugged her. :lol: She was so startled being her first trip to Disney she wasn’t expecting something like this to happen at all…I on the other hand was laughing and immediately feeling like a kid again at Disney, knowing it is the special things like this that make Disney so wonderful no matter what your age is!

AWWW! So cute! Great memory! :wave:

Daneault

I always get the shiver (in a good way) when:

1. I see Pedro South of the Boader (if i drove there)
  2. I exit the plane and get that "Florida Smell" & Humidy (if i took the plane)
  3. I hear for the first time of the trip ""please stand clear of the doors; por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas."
  4. I smell the pop-corn at the MK entrace.

My favorite moments (this is the order we complete them in):

1. pulling through the walt disney gate
2. stepping out of the car to check in to find your self already completely drenched in sweat
3. checking in
4. buying our refillable mugs
5. going to our room and laying on the cold bed
6. driving to downtown disney
7. get back and watch the attractions and shows channel
8. going to get a POP waffle
9. (my favorite) riding the bus to the park for morning EMH
10. scanning your finger on the little thing

EPCOT Explorer

Hot today...chili tamale ! :ROFLOL:

I always get the shiver (in a good way) when:

1. [*]I see Pedro South of the Boader (if i drove there)
  2. I exit the plane and get that "Florida Smell" & Humidy (if i took the plane)
  3. I hear for the first time of the trip ""please stand clear of the doors; por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas."
  4. I smell the pop-corn at the MK entrace.

LOL!I love that place.So quirky!:ROFLOL:

RiversideBunny

Happy thoughts in general -

Follow Pluto's advice:

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Remember, if a dog were the teacher you would learn things like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face
to be pure ecstasy.
Take naps.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!

:):)
(from an anonymouse email)

RussJT

My happy thought is about the first time we took our kids. My son was 5 and my daughter almost 3 the first time we went. We were going to wait a year or so to go, but my son's main goal in life at that time was to meet Winnie the Pooh. We were afraid that if we waited much longer, that we might miss out on that excitement.

On our first full day there, we had breakfast reservations at Crystal Palace at 8:05. That gave us the opportunity to walk down Main Street almost alone. We took some great pictures.

We made it to the Crystal palace and were seated quickly. Tigger greated us at our table, which excited my son, but he will still looking for Pooh. A CM told us that Pooh was going to be meeting with kids for pictures etc. by the buffet line. We saw him come out, and quickly got into the line. My son, while clutching my hand, started jumping up and down he was so excited. With tears in his eyes he exclaimed, "Dad, it's Pooh. He is really real! I though it would just be a guy in a mask, but it is ReALLY Pooh!"

At that moment I looked at my wife and told her that every penny we spent on the trip was worth it, not matter what happened the rest of the week. The picture we got a few minutes later is one of my favorite pictures of all time. It is on the cover of our photo album from that trip.

I don't think I will ever forget that moment as long as I live.

Since then we always start every trip with an 8:05 breakfast at Crystal Palace.

TheJonesys

Original Poster
Thank you

I've just got in from a not so good day at work and read all your happy thoughts, they're fantastic, I'm sitting here getting all teary and laughing at the same time agreeing with everything....thank you so much.....please keep them coming.

Do you think I could print them all off, I could put them at the front of my photo album when we go.

So many happy thoughts, I can feel my feet lifting off the ground..

Second star to the right and straight on till morning...:kiss:

Ravenclaw87

Okay, you guys, you're making me cry!!!

The magical moments that I can't wait to experience again and again are:

1. Just like everyone else, the drive through the entrance gate. I LOVE riding DME and having everyone cheer; so excited for the beginning of their vacations. It doesn't matter what going on in the real world at that point--- from that moment on, I am in Disney World and closed off to everything else.

2. And, again, that first walk up Main Street. (After seeing the opening show that also makes me cry!) I feel just like I did when I was 8 years old and I saw the castle for the first time. Have you guys seen that photo frame--- the one that has the words all over it about not being able to believe you're really there and whatnot? That's how I feel, and I don't know why I haven't bought that frame yet! I hope it's there in September.

3. I don't think anyone has said this yet, but hearing the entrance music to Epcot. For whatever reason, that's my favorite entrance music out of all the parks and it just... sounds like Disney to me.

And, the most magical memories (alliterations are awesome!!!) I have are:

1. I was 16, and completely silly and not caring about being cool, and my mom had bought me a penguin purse that had a mesh stomach but penguin everything else. Well, when I went to MGM and saw the penguin from Mary Poppins, he went totally ballistic! He started clapping and jumping up and down and ran over and hugged me.

2. That same trip--- dancing with Mickey Mouse at Castaway Cay. I was being a bratty 16 year old and did NOT want to have my picture taken, but once I got up close to Mickey, all the brattiness shed away. :)

3. Playing around Innoventions when I was 8 or 9. I loved that place; Epcot was my favorite park. I remember that had some sort of oven that made chocolate chip cookies REALLY quickly and were giving out free cookies. I just loved exploring, it made me feel smart and like the world was full of all these awesome things that I had my whole life to learn. My grandparents tell me that my younger cousin loves Innoventions now, so I hope she feels the same way.

Sorry I wrote so much!! hee hee. I wish I had stories about seeing WDW through a child's eyes (those get me every time)... but maybe someday? :)

eliezrah

The look on my daughter's face when we first drive on the grounds and she sees the 'Walt Disney World' sign is simply priceless. I can't wait for my son, who is 5 months old, to be old enough to appreciate like she does.
Same here. We took our kids on their first WDW trip this past Oct/ Nov. On the drive there, our driver actually pulled over so DD (then a month before turning 4) could see the WDW sign. When we told her what it said and that we were entering Disney at that point, OMG the look on her face was priceless! I'm glad I took a picture!
DSC00149.jpg

DisneyGigi

Going to WDW with your kids is awesome! I have had the wonderful opportunity to watch my children grow up "Disney" I love looking back at my scrapbooks of their different trips. Each trip they change and grow so much but they still love Disney as much as much as the first trip.
The week before our trip the kids are about to bust they are so excited and they (or me) do not sleep a wink the night before. When we pack the last items in the car at 4:00 am everyone is so happy & excited. The kids and I put on our favorite Disney hat or ears for the ride down- :ROFLOL:we get some strange looks since we live a good 9-10 hours away but that is part of the fun!

Besides all that for me:
~Watching the kids very carefully pick out what pins they are going to take to trade & putting on their lanyards.
~When we go through the main gate I cry!
~When I feel the wonderful hot Florida sun on my skin!
~ Checking in at the hotel and seeing my Mickey Soaps
~Going to MK on the first day
~ Our first tram ride
~Riding the monorail and seeing the first glimpse of the Castle
~ Walking down Main Street.
~My first ride on Splash Mountain
~Watching my teenaged DS still break out in a huge smile when Tigger or Eeyore hug him.
~Seeing my DD have so much fun with all the characters but especially when she is with Dale!
~Eating our first Dole Whip

:cry: I love it all so much!

78 days til we get to do it again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom