Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

keyframe

I don't know about you but I'd think that mirror would stick out very badly. LOL
As they originally had the mirror setup, yes, I completely agree. But the basic concept could be modified to work for closer viewing angles where the mirrors only come into view from a distance. Regardless, it’s all fun ideation.

G00fyDad

As they originally had the mirror setup, yes, I completely agree. But the basic concept could be modified to work for closer viewing angles where the mirrors only come into view from a distance. Regardless, it’s all fun ideation.

I get it and I would love to see it. I just would hate to see them mess it up by going half way with it and then it end up looking silly.

keyframe

I get it and I would love to see it. I just would hate to see them mess it up by going half way with it and then it end up looking silly.
I have faith that if they ever attempted the effect, Disney would come up with an innovative solution. They are constantly pushing the boundary with tech. The lightsaber, free-walking animatronic groot, and stuntronic spiderman are all evidence of things that at first seem implausible. But they’ve made all of them reality. It’s fun to explore the possibilities until then.

TikibirdLand

I have faith that if they ever attempted the effect, Disney would come up with an innovative solution. They are constantly pushing the boundary with tech. The lightsaber, free-walking animatronic groot, and stuntronic spiderman are all evidence of things that at first seem implausible. But they’ve made all of them reality. It’s fun to explore the possibilities until then.
How much of that stuff has made into the parks, though?

keyframe

How much of that stuff has made into the parks, though?
The stuntronic Spiderman is currently live at Avengers Campus, the lightsaber has been officially announced and will probably makes its live debut on the Halcyon, and Groot looks to be in the advanced stages of testing/development.

Last edited:

TikibirdLand

The stuntronic Spiderman is currently live at Avengers Campus, the lightsaber has been officially announced and will probably makes its live debut on the Halcyon, and Groot looks to be in the advanced stages of testing/development.
Has the stuntronic Spiderman been seen outside of media previews? I haven't seen any videos of it yet. I'd hold your bets on the lightsaber. Again, you might see it during media previews though. Groot is TOTALLY not coming to a park near you. Have you seen the Muppet Labs robot or Push out at EPCoT anytime lately? How about the roaming dinosaur in AK?

You see this with the Dragon Drone, the X-Wing fighters and the Intel arial acrobatic drones. It's there for an event and then gone.

keyframe

Has the stuntronic Spiderman been seen outside of media previews? I haven't seen any videos of it yet. I'd hold your bets on the lightsaber. Again, you might see it during media previews though. Groot is TOTALLY not coming to a park near you. Have you seen the Muppet Labs robot or Push out at EPCoT anytime lately? How about the roaming dinosaur in AK?

You see this with the Dragon Drone, the X-Wing fighters and the Intel arial acrobatic drones. It's there for an event and then gone.
The Spiderman stuntronic is running in the live daily Spiderman interaction shows at Avengers Campus. Disney didn’t make the big reveal of the lightsaber to hold it back for media-only previews. Their official marketing even states: “See it first when the Galactic Starcruiser opens at Walt Disney World Resort 2022.“ As far as Project Kiwi (Groot), it’s not a question of if…it‘s a question of when. Free-roaming animatronics are the next logical steps for the parks, Spiderman is just the first of the batch. Groot specifically may be a little ways out…but that tech is coming.

Last edited:

Jones14

If they wanted to do a bike or landspeeder, they could build a small track running across the land on the right side that cuts through all those trees.

Low to the ground walls and shrubs could obscure the wheels/mirrors for the most part (and keep guests away), and if the start/end point was the garage it would work perfectly.

matt9112

A speeder attraction would have been a great addition GE. Something using test track tech to take you into the desert where you see sand people, banthas, jawas etc. You could get attacked by a villan and then rescued by a stuntronic mandalorian!

Could have rehashed avatar ride tech....sure it would have been a clone but a great opportunity none the less.

SailorMercury

Rock ‘N’ Rollercoaster replacement and Muppets going away is my bet.

Carsland maybe. It’d be nice to see the Launch Bay demolished. Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast replacement.

Tower of Terror isn’t getting touched ever, anything else is fair game.

Ghost93

Muppets are going to get removed to make the way for more Star Wars stuff (as it is, the Muppets are sandwiched in between Star Tours and Galaxy's edge).

I do like the Muppets, but I don't think they are nearly as popular with today's kids. And the Muppet 3D show is dated.

TikibirdLand

Muppets are going to get removed to make the way for more Star Wars stuff (as it is, the Muppets are sandwiched in between Star Tours and Galaxy's edge).

I do like the Muppets, but I don't think they are nearly as popular with today's kids. And the Muppet 3D show is dated.
Is this your opinion or are you saying this based on internal discussion? They just re-installed the fountain in front on the theater. I hope this isn't true...

Ghost93

Is this your opinion or are you saying this based on internal discussion? They just re-installed the fountain in front on the theater. I hope this isn't true...
Oh, just a prediction. I have no internal ties to the Walt Disney Company. If I had to guess what would go, it would be the muppets, to pave the way for more Star Wars.

TikibirdLand

Oh, just a prediction. I have no internal ties to the Walt Disney Company. If I had to guess what would go, it would be the muppets, to pave the way for more Star Wars.
Thanks for the reply. I hope you're wrong. But, I really don't think Disney is using the muppets well. The theater is run-down and the movie is OLD. I'd love to see something based on the 2011 Muppet Movie with Jason Segal. Based on what I've seen on Disney+, it doesn't appear that they really know how to handle this treasure.

SailorMercury

Muppets is on its way out. They aren’t popular anymore, the attraction is in a sad state, and it’s sandwiched between Star Wars. Honestly I think it’ll just become more Rise of the Resistance Queue space lmao.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom