Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
pixar is a giant wing of the disneys hollywood movie business.
But, it's not a "theme."

Inside Out and Cars don't work being side-by-side.

Walt segregated his IP-based attractions into themed 'lands' rather then putting them willy-nilly and calling Disneyland "Disney Studios Theme Park."

DHS has a loose enough theme already being placed in the decades of "Hollywood" and the attractions being standalone "ride the movie" things. It doesn't need to group disparate IP in one place just because one of their many studios created them.

doctornick

Wanda and Vision are classic Avengers, so, no.

Right now Doctor Strange and the Guardians (possibly without Drax) are the only MCU characters usable in WDW.

not a movie... yet but I think Shang-Chi as well as The Eternals would be available for WDW.

Regarding upcoming D+ shows, all of Ironheart, Ms Marvel and Kate Bishop (the female Hawkeye) were created after the rights were sold to Uni - could they be used in WDW?

I’ve also always wondered if SHIELD could be used; if not, perhaps SWORD could be - I think something like that would works well as the premise for an Agent P type game in a Marvel area.

The Grand Inquisitor

not a movie... yet but I think Shang-Chi as well as The Eternals would be available for WDW.

Regarding upcoming D+ shows, all of Ironheart, Ms Marvel and Kate Bishop (the female Hawkeye) were created after the rights were sold to Uni - could they be used in WDW?

I’ve also always wondered if SHIELD could be used; if not, perhaps SWORD could be - I think something like that would works well as the premise for an Agent P type game in a Marvel area.
Yes I believe those characters could be used. I could see Shang Chi and Eternals in the parks if they are big hits.

ppete1975

i believe avengers cannot be used, so if they have or are part of the avengers they cant be used. I might be wrong though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes I believe those characters could be used. I could see Shang Chi and Eternals in the parks if they are big hits.

Yep...forget Spider-Man and captain America...the kids will be lining up for stuff no one has ever heard of...

“In feige we trust”

I'd prefer they lay off adding IP lands and focusing on refurbishing the rides they have. Maybe add Australia to AK.
Yep...that’s been a priority since 1999...just gotta let someone in Burbank lnoe

The Grand Inquisitor

Yep...forget Spider-Man and captain America...the kids will be lining up for stuff no one has ever heard of...

“In feige we trust”

Yep...that’s been a priority since 1999...just gotta let someone in Burbank lnoe
I mean Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy were not well known besides comic book fans. I honestly think Shang Chi will be a big hit.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Black Panther 2 comes out in 2022. GotG 3 in 2023.
There’s no guarantee it will continue.

MCU dismissed its 2 biggest stars...because they no longer wanted to pay them...
But that may not hold.

black panther died. That’s not an exaggeration for dramatic effect.

But it’s Disney...they’ll never see severe decline in a huge pop culture franchise under their stewardship...nope...can’t happen.

mergatroid

There’s no guarantee it will continue.

MCU dismissed its 2 biggest stars...because they no longer wanted to pay them...
But that may not hold.

black panther died. That’s not an exaggeration for dramatic effect.

But it’s Disney...they’ll never see severe decline in a huge pop culture franchise under their stewardship...nope...can’t happen.
My goodness, you really are a half empty kind of guy aren't you :D

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My goodness, you really are a half empty kind of guy aren't you :D

I’m a “twice x half real” sort of a guy.

my “mindset” doesn’t change anything. Marvel has been an amazing success for them...no argument there.

has it been as big of a deal in parks? No...but it can’t be when the known/long lasting properties are restricted from use due to contracts. Shoehorning “anything” in Florida is not really a wise move. But we can start yet another purely hypothetical, not gonna Happen, “I think Disney will get the rights back...” discussion if we want?

TikibirdLand

I’m a “twice x half real” sort of a guy.

my “mindset” doesn’t change anything. Marvel has been an amazing success for them...no argument there.

has it been as big of a deal in parks? No...but it can’t be when the known/long lasting properties are restricted from use due to contracts. Shoehorning “anything” in Florida is not really a wise move. But we can start yet another purely hypothetical, not gonna Happen, “I think Disney will get the rights back...” discussion if we want?
Well, at least Guardians was a good excuse to bring Pat Benatar to the park. And, of course, ELVIS. So, there's that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom