Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

Robbiem

Because of the language barrier, nobody in Europe speaks French except the people from France where the park is located. you have like 6-8 languages that guests speak.

I hadn’t thought of this but you’re right. If the falcon attraction is very interactive I can see it being a real issue for a multi lingual park. I wonder whatnthe second attraction will be? I’d like to see a speader bike version of Tron but if its being designed for DHS as well I doubt if we’d get this, or perhaps some kind of sim ride where you’re riding in a x wing based on flight of passage tech which could have some interactive elements but on a more personal level taking the language barrier out

cjkeating

Did they give any reason why Paris didn’t want the Falcon?

Although we don't know how the ride mechanics work I can't imagine the ride would work well if you don't understand the language the ride is in or speak the same language as the people in your group of six. I can imagine this could pose a problem at DHS as not everyone visiting is fluent in English.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I hadn’t thought of this but you’re right. If the falcon attraction is very interactive I can see it being a real issue for a multi lingual park. I wonder whatnthe second attraction will be? I’d like to see a speader bike version of Tron but if its being designed for DHS as well I doubt if we’d get this, or perhaps some kind of sim ride where you’re riding in a x wing based on flight of passage tech which could have some interactive elements but on a more personal level taking the language barrier out

Based on what we have seen in the limited promotional videos of the ride I think the Falcon may work sort of like a rhythm where controls light up and you have to press them to be successful. This would help eliminate the language barrier. Here are two shots from the video...

1547296501786.png

1547296519773.png

Franklin47disneyguy

But back to DHS, I personally hope they start the next expansion in the area which currently has the cast member parking structure next to toy story land. Since they added a lot of cast parking they can miss the structure. That way they don't have to close any guest areas and truly expand the park. I also hope a third e-ticket for galaxy's edge starts construction soon, you can better have 3 rides with a 4 hour wait dan 2 with 6 hour wait.

Marc Davis Fan

Based on what we have seen in the limited promotional videos of the ride I think the Falcon may work sort of like a rhythm where controls light up and you have to press them to be successful. This would help eliminate the language barrier. Here are two shots from the video...

View attachment 340489

View attachment 340490

That works on Mission: Space because it’s a “training simulator.” It’s hard to imagine how they’ll pull off explaining that an “actual spaceship” works that way. I could also see people being disappointed with that being too easy/obvious.

An alternative could be simply that people's actions (or omissions) don’t have a big enough influence to impact the quality/fun-level of the ride experience. That way, they don’t need to make it easy/obvious, because it’s ok if some people don’t interact.

This hypothesis also comports with what insiders have suggested about Disney altering the interactively after the initial “play tests” to make people’s actions a little less consequential.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That works on Mission: Space because it’s a “training simulator.” It’s hard to imagine how they’ll pull off explaining that an “actual spaceship” works that way. I could also see people being disappointed with that being too easy/obvious.

An alternative could be simply that people's actions (or omissions) don’t have a big enough influence to impact the quality/fun-level of the ride experience. That way, they don’t need to make it easy/obvious, because it’s ok if some people don’t interact.

This hypothesis also comports with what insiders have suggested about Disney altering the interactively after the initial “play tests” to make people’s actions a little less consequential.

But I also think that it being an "actual spaceship" makes it harder to give instructions to each guest. Since there will be six people in the car, each with different controls, they are going to have to really simplify how it works.

No matter how they do the controls I agree with you that the level of interaction won't have a huge impact on the quality of the experience.

The Pho

But I also think that it being an "actual spaceship" makes it harder to give instructions to each guest. Since there will be six people in the car, each with different controls, they are going to have to really simplify how it works.

No matter how they do the controls I agree with you that the level of interaction won't have a huge impact on the quality of the experience.
It could have a huge impact as long as the impact remains fun. If somebody can crash and end the ride in 15 seconds, people will get mad. If you crash in 15 seconds and wind up with a crash sequence like the original Star Tours, people will love it.

jt04

But back to DHS, I personally hope they start the next expansion in the area which currently has the cast member parking structure next to toy story land. Since they added a lot of cast parking they can miss the structure. That way they don't have to close any guest areas and truly expand the park. I also hope a third e-ticket for galaxy's edge starts construction soon, you can better have 3 rides with a 4 hour wait dan 2 with 6 hour wait.

Looks to me like they can expand around the parking structure if they wanted to. Parking will be at a premium so I doubt they would remove it. There are still some "temporary" backstage buildings that could go though.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It could have a huge impact as long as the impact remains fun. If somebody can crash and end the ride in 15 seconds, people will get mad. If you crash in 15 seconds and wind up with a crash sequence like the original Star Tours, people will love it.

Yeah, this is why I said "quality of the experience". No matter how little people interact, or how badly they interact you still want the guests to enjoy the experience.

brihow

My big wish for Disney is to really concentrate on Epcot - specifically Future World. Didn't we see a rendering for their ideas in the past year or so?

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Well Mission:Space is a different beast entirely, because (originally) all were part of the centrifuge system, they all had to have the same movements, and couldn't be altered really based on user inputs. Since this is not a centrifuge system, we could see unique things happen. PLUS it was mentioned that the performance of the people on the ride affects how they're viewed among the other areas of Galaxy's Edge somehow.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My big wish for Disney is to really concentrate on Epcot - specifically Future World. Didn't we see a rendering for their ideas in the past year or so?

Yes, and Bob Chapek announced a huge updating of Future World. However, WDW still hasn't decided how (except everyone agrees the Leave a Legacy must go). They were supposed to already have started on the Spine re-do, but that got pushed back and pushed back again. Mostly because, according to our insiders, they haven't committed to a final design. They were going to add Epcot-gate resorts and then abandoned that idea. The artist's concept we saw was hilariously vague about what was happening... because WDW doesn't know yet what will happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom