Any and all $ saver tips!!!

luvJC4saken

Original Poster
That's right, I want any idea you've got for saving money at WDW. I don't care what it has to do with, or even how crazy it is. If you've tried it and it works, I want to know!!

THANKS!!!!!

cherrynegra

Get yourself to the nearest grocery store and buy your water there. You don't even want to know what water was going for. And of course snacks.

luvJC4saken

Original Poster
Hey, thanks a lot for that. I think at least one of our rooms will have a refridgerator that we won't have to rent, so the grocery store is a good idea.

The one thing I don't understand is that apparently I've had 59 people view this thread and only one response. I KNOW YOU GUYS HAVE MORE IDEAS THAN THAT!!

But anything really would be helpful.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Before we arrive, I constantly check URL=http://www.mousesavers.com]Mousesavers[/URL] for discount codes and if I find a better one, I just call and have the better one applied to my reservation.

We save a little by having breakfast in the room (cereal & milk, granola bars, pop tarts, etc.) We also take a cooler with water, gatorade, milk, capri suns. We have snacks in the room (chips, nuts, gummi bears, gum). Sometimes for lunch, if I'm not that hungry, I'll just get a kids meal. Also, although the menu says "basket", you don't need to get the fries. You can ask for the items, burger, etc alacarte or get 1 or 2 baskets and share the fries among you.

popkid

snacks are a simple $$$ saver, especially for families... bring breakfast bars or granola bars to snack on. keeps you from going broke buying disney treats, and also saves time during the day...

luvJC4saken

Original Poster
Ok, these are great, and I hope more keep coming. Just to clarify though, we won't be bringing any small children on this trip. It's actually a college vacation--it's only possible because my parents are in the Vacation Club. Even with that though it's still pretty expensive as we have found planning this thing.

Please bring in more tips!

The Mom

Premium Member
If you want to eat in a nice restaurant, have lunch there instead of dinner. The prices are usually a little lower, although the menu may be limited. It also gives you more flexibility to cram in "one last ride/show later in the day without worrying about making it to your evening PS. I enjoy it as a needed break during the day, especially in the hot weather. Just don't eat too much! :lol:

Depending on your DVC vs park for the day, you should also plan on having a lunch or dinner in your room.

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by luvJC4saken
That's right, I want any idea you've got for saving money at WDW. I don't care what it has to do with, or even how crazy it is. If you've tried it and it works, I want to know!!

THANKS!!!!!

1. Buy your tickets ahead of time. If you're a AAA member, get them there. If not, go to a Disney Store - just DON'T buy them at the parks!
2. Go to www.wdwig.com - LOTS of tips there
3. Go to www.mousesavers.com - discount codes posted for many times of the year - keep checking often
4. Get a tourbook, like "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" - it's my "bible". LOTS of info, time and money saving ideas.
5. Pack your own water, like someone said. Don't pay $2.50 a bottle in the parks. Just be ready to be strip-searched when you go in with a bag, HAHA, Just kidding. I think water is the only thing they let you take in, food-wise.
6. Resist souvenirs and snacks in the parks!
7. Don't buy a package trip - they cost more and you end up with a bunch of crap you might not use. Buy tix before hand and Room-Only reservations.

DDuckFan130

Re: Re: Any and all $ saver tips!!!

Originally posted by edwardtc
Pack your own water, like someone said. Don't pay $2.50 a bottle in the parks. Just be ready to be strip-searched when you go in with a bag, HAHA, Just kidding. I think water is the only thing they let you take in, food-wise.

Yeah, they definitely let water in. We went in December and my aunt and cousin just had to bring their bottled water from Publix in with them :lol: and they thought they had to hide it in their oversized jackets but they didn't need to.

MadameCheshire

You don't even need to pack your own water. All you need to do it maybe pack one or so incase your in a line and can't getit elsewhere.

You see, you can go up to most venders and fast food places, and just ask for tap water. They give it to you for free because they can't charge you for it.

-Sam

luvJC4saken

Original Poster
Re: Re: Any and all $ saver tips!!!

Originally posted by edwardtc
1. Buy your tickets ahead of time. If you're a AAA member, get them there. If not, go to a Disney Store - just DON'T buy them at the parks!
2. Go to www.wdwig.com - LOTS of tips there
3. Go to www.mousesavers.com - discount codes posted for many times of the year - keep checking often

Edward, are you sure about those 4-day park hopper PLUS tickets? Why aren't these offered by Disney themselves? The nightmare I'm having is buying these 218 dollar tickets from a 3rd party, sending them through the turnstyle and have them not go through.

Can someone help me confirm that these are legit??????? This is kind of important. Thank you all.

In Wonderland

Ticket sources

There are several reputable sources for WDW tickets: Ticketmania.com, floridaorlandotickets.net, AAA. You will see references to them all over the boards. I wouldn't buy tickets over Ebay (these are probably used Park Hoppers with some days left. You can't know how many days are left unless you are at the parks to check) I wouldn't buy from some stranger on the street either, same reason. If Ticketmania or AAA or floridaorlandotickets stiff someone it would be all over the boards in no time flat. Just look around, and you'll find the tickets you want, and maybe get a little bit of a bargain.

JackSkellington

For lunches or snacks freeze some box drinks, and put some sandwiches in a lunch pail with them. Then when you are hungry/thirsty pull them out. Everything will be fresh.

Yellow Shoes

You are staying in DVC and will have a car???

Eat as little in the parks as possible.

You can make some decent meals with only a mini refrigerator and a microwave (I'm assuming you're in a studio)

rotisserie chicken, cole slaw, potato salad, cookies
sandwich stuff
frozen entrees--lasagne, Lean Cuisine, etc.
cheese, sausage, crackers, fruit, olives, etc
boiled shrimp, cole slaw, and Club crackers -- one of my favorite desperation dinners!
beverages, of course

Eat off site when possible. Dinner for 4 at Olive Garden--around $60
Dinner for 4 at Alfredo's -- around $120

jg32268

buying just child tickets

Has anyone tried to save money buy buying child tickets rather than adult tickets? When you buy online, you have to buy at least 1 adult, so why not buy the rest of the admission tickets as child tickets? I don't think the cast members at the gate are checking what type of ticket you have, just that you have a valid admission ticket.

JackSkellington

Hey welcome to the boards. I am not trying to seem rude or harsh BUT, that is really dumb. One you are tryingto steal from Disney. Two they WILL reconize you are a theif. And third you will get in trouble and get busted up on thsese boards for even suggesting that. So I will advise you not to do that.

bidnow5

We go at least once a year and we buy annuals. Last year we went from June 25th till July 2nd then we went back in October and we are going back again June 15th so we will get three vacations on one ticket. It's so nice having the annual we can just go for a few hours and not feel like we are wasting one day of our ticket. We always go to one of the parks even before we check in at the hotel. With the annual pass discount on the room it almost pays for itself if you go as often as we do. Buying Child tickets for adults just isn't right there are lots of good ways to save.

Yellow Shoes

It is part of the job of the turnstile CMs to make sure that adults have an adult ticket.

This is pretty high on the "dumb idea" list.

MOMI2KIDS

Rain ponchos, fans, snacks

Buy rain ponchos at your local dollar store. That way they an be thrown away after that days use and get a new one for the next day.

Also I bought 4 battery opperated fans for our trip this June. Only $1 at dollar store, I'm sure Disney would be $10 +.

I am also taking snacks with us, Granola bars, pop tarts, fruit snacks, etc.
I figure I'll pack them in suitcase , eat then while there and use the space in suitcase on way home for goodies.LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom