Pre-Trip Another Spring Trip! late April 2017

Well, well well. :D

Just got back from Disney a 10 days ago, and here I am again! Also I finally got my husband to join the board too, so @DarthDaddy maybe also be piping in on this PTR!

So once upon a time, there was a girl who was obsessed with the beach (specifically Myrtle Beach) and that was the only place in the world I ever dreamed of vacationing. I would never even entertain the idea of going anywhere else. Until....

We had a daughter. However, in 2015 at the suggestion of my mother, I begrudgingly conceded and agreed to go to Disney. She planned a pretty amazing Disney trip. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, did plenty of Character Breakfasts, the whole 9. I think she thought we'd never go back, so she planned a top of line trip.

Instead, it had the opposite effect.

Six months later (our April 2016 trip) we were back and had an even more amazing time than the first trip, if that's possible.

Disney Depression has been killing us, and we've been thinking long and hard what to do about next year's trip. We had bounced the beach back and forth for awhile, but something deep down inside of me what not real happy with the thought of going to the beach. (what is wrong with me?? I used to love the beach!) I think we've decided. Disney again next year! Our daughter will be 3 in June and then no longer free, so our thought process is we might as well milk that one last time if we are going to be Disney fans and going a lot.

So far, we know almost nothing except we've got to start saving, ASAP. My parents are going in March, and like the past two trips, we tag along with them. We make our own plans, but are normally in the same parks on the same days, so we can usually get together during the day. They are staying at Coronado Springs and we'd like to do the same, but we just have to see how much more it will cost us than a Value since we have about 10 months to plan and save for the trip. We are waiting for the 2017 prices to come out and then I guess we will make an official decision at that point!

****UPDATE: WE ARE NOW GOING IN SEPTMEBER 2017! We couldn't do early 2017 and thought we were cancelling for awhile, but we've decided we can do September and it gives us plenty of time to save! So please don't be confused by the first page or two of us saying we can't go!!!****

In case you missed our last trip report, or PTR.. here is our cast:

I am Britt & this is my husband AJ (aka @DarthDaddy)
IMG_3474.JPG

And here is our little girl Harper who is currently almost 2. She will almost 3 on our next trip!
IMG_3648.JPG

So that's about all I've got right now! Stick around for the next 18 months!

:)

Last edited:

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Well, I think we got a little excited after getting back from our trip..

we've been re running numbers and this is looking like it may not happen after all :(

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Really not sure we can guys... we were in a little denial about how much we'd have to be saving IMMEDIATLEY. Almost $300 a month.. it's not going to happen. :(

Since it' was before tax return season, we're out of luck.

Just means we have a TON of time to save for our 2018 trip!!

Zipadeelady

This just isn't acceptable! :grumpy:
You need to rerun the numbers. Stay for 5 nights instead of 7. Plan on only one or two table services and eat the rest quick service. Make the TS character breakfast instead of Dinner (its cheaper). On the way there drive straight through instead of stopping on the way. Bring your own snacks from home and breakfast food too!(we have even brought foam bowls and plastic spoons for cereal in our room before heading out for the day). Stay at All Star Movies, Harper will love all the oversize statues, it's much cheaper than AOA. I bet rooms would be under $1300.00 plus there will be discount in March. These are the only things I can think of right now but there are more ways to make it possible. DONT GIVE UP!! :joyfull:

@DarthDaddy make her keeping looking!

Boknowsleo

Well, I think we got a little excited after getting back from our trip..

we've been re running numbers and this is looking like it may not happen after all :(

Check out Disney Vacation Account site, it takes money direct deposit as often as you'd like to help save for your next trip. Every $1000 you save and pay towards your trip will reward you with a $20 Disney Gift Card. I am doing this for our family trip in Aug/16. It has worked very well for me. It is very flexible and I don't even notice it being taken out anymore. I have already used some of it to start paying for our next trip!!!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
This just isn't acceptable! :grumpy:
You need to rerun the numbers. Stay for 5 nights instead of 7. Plan on only one or two table services and eat the rest quick service. Make the TS character breakfast instead of Dinner (its cheaper). On the way there drive straight through instead of stopping on the way. Bring your own snacks from home and breakfast food too!(we have even brought foam bowls and plastic spoons for cereal in our room before heading out for the day). Stay at All Star Movies, Harper will love all the oversize statues, it's much cheaper than AOA. I bet rooms would be under $1300.00 plus there will be discount in March. These are the only things I can think of right now but there are more ways to make it possible. DONT GIVE UP!! :joyfull:

@DarthDaddy make her keeping looking!

You are so sweet! But a lot of the things you mentioned, we already did this trip! We only paid for one character breakfast, my parents paid for our room on the way down, and because we drive, 5 nights would be a much shorter trip with the 2 day drive each way. We didn't even eat breakfast this trip other than our ADR morning! My parents treated us to Ohana,.

To be honest, I don't want to have to cut a bunch of corners JUST to get there. I like our 7 night trips. I like not having to worry about money! It's just not in the cards for us. If we could go later in the year, we could probably do it, but we wanted to go with my parents as we really enjoy going with them.

We've been trying to think of ways to come up with the money, but like I said, we'd have to live pretty poorly for the next 10 months to make it work, and I just don't want to do that either. So unless something major changes, looks like our next trip will be in 2018. :(

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Check out Disney Vacation Account site, it takes money direct deposit as often as you'd like to help save for your next trip. Every $1000 you save and pay towards your trip will reward you with a $20 Disney Gift Card. I am doing this for our family trip in Aug/16. It has worked very well for me. It is very flexible and I don't even notice it being taken out anymore. I have already used some of it to start paying for our next trip!!!

I might have to look into this for our 2018 trip! That sure sounds nice.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Okay!!! I'm back! I've edited my first post, so that it is not unclear what happened with this thread!!!

We have decided to come back to Disney in September of 2017. This gives us 18 months to save, and still allows us to come back next year. Our little Disney loving hearts now seem at ease with knowing we WILL be back, even if it's a LONG time from now! It just didn't seem right planning a vacation to the beach.

So! We are 480 days away, but our next Disney trip IS happening next year!!!!

lostpro9het

Okay!!! I'm back! I've edited my first post, so that it is not unclear what happened with this thread!!!

We have decided to come back to Disney in September of 2017. This gives us 18 months to save, and still allows us to come back next year. Our little Disney loving hearts now seem at ease with knowing we WILL be back, even if it's a LONG time from now! It just didn't seem right planning a vacation to the beach.

So! We are 480 days away, but our next Disney trip IS happening next year!!!!
Woot! Love the your new avatar pic too!

sheriffwoody

Yay for planning! We're going to wait until next fall to go back too. I priced us a short trip for this fall before my pass runs out BUT I have that pesky job thing to deal with and no vacation days. So 2017 it is! Looking forward to hearing more about your plans :)

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Yay for planning! We're going to wait until next fall to go back too. I priced us a short trip for this fall before my pass runs out BUT I have that pesky job thing to deal with and no vacation days. So 2017 it is! Looking forward to hearing more about your plans :)

Thanks for following! Next fall is so far, but we're so happy to just have date to work towards!

WDWDarling

Yayyy!!! So happy to see your latest post! It might seem far out but the extra time to save will give you more peace of mind and help make for a more enjoyable trip. AND you'll have plenty of time to plan your ADRs and FPs too! It will be here before ya know it :D.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom