Pre-Trip Another Spring Trip! late April 2017

Well, well well. :D

Just got back from Disney a 10 days ago, and here I am again! Also I finally got my husband to join the board too, so @DarthDaddy maybe also be piping in on this PTR!

So once upon a time, there was a girl who was obsessed with the beach (specifically Myrtle Beach) and that was the only place in the world I ever dreamed of vacationing. I would never even entertain the idea of going anywhere else. Until....

We had a daughter. However, in 2015 at the suggestion of my mother, I begrudgingly conceded and agreed to go to Disney. She planned a pretty amazing Disney trip. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, did plenty of Character Breakfasts, the whole 9. I think she thought we'd never go back, so she planned a top of line trip.

Instead, it had the opposite effect.

Six months later (our April 2016 trip) we were back and had an even more amazing time than the first trip, if that's possible.

Disney Depression has been killing us, and we've been thinking long and hard what to do about next year's trip. We had bounced the beach back and forth for awhile, but something deep down inside of me what not real happy with the thought of going to the beach. (what is wrong with me?? I used to love the beach!) I think we've decided. Disney again next year! Our daughter will be 3 in June and then no longer free, so our thought process is we might as well milk that one last time if we are going to be Disney fans and going a lot.

So far, we know almost nothing except we've got to start saving, ASAP. My parents are going in March, and like the past two trips, we tag along with them. We make our own plans, but are normally in the same parks on the same days, so we can usually get together during the day. They are staying at Coronado Springs and we'd like to do the same, but we just have to see how much more it will cost us than a Value since we have about 10 months to plan and save for the trip. We are waiting for the 2017 prices to come out and then I guess we will make an official decision at that point!

****UPDATE: WE ARE NOW GOING IN SEPTMEBER 2017! We couldn't do early 2017 and thought we were cancelling for awhile, but we've decided we can do September and it gives us plenty of time to save! So please don't be confused by the first page or two of us saying we can't go!!!****

In case you missed our last trip report, or PTR.. here is our cast:

I am Britt & this is my husband AJ (aka @DarthDaddy)
IMG_3474.JPG

And here is our little girl Harper who is currently almost 2. She will almost 3 on our next trip!
IMG_3648.JPG

So that's about all I've got right now! Stick around for the next 18 months!

:)

Last edited:

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
This weekend I got my first Disneybounding item! It's so simple, but it's a yellow shirt that could be used for Pooh! Now I need some red capri's and I'm good for that outfit! It's just so hard not knowing what the weather will do and what to plan my outfits around.

I'd like to do, Little Mermaid, Snow White, and Pooh. I don't really want to do it every day, because that's a lot of planning, but I do want to do a couple outfits, and really get creative with them!

I've also been looking up some window decorations since it will be Christmas! I really wanted to do this for our first trip at Halloween, but I didn't know AKL didn't have windows on the outside ( I had never been!) so that didn't really happen!

I know I'm going to want to do something really cool to countdown the last 100 days or so, since harper will love to be involved, so I have plenty of time to think about that too.

On a non-Disney note, Harper will be 2 in exactly one month from today. I can't believe how fast time goes! We aren't doing any big parties or anything super special. We are taking her to Hershey Park on her birthday, and we'll have a long weekend, so I'm sure we can find some things to get into!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Also:
I know I said I wasn't going to do a ton of ADR's but Harper will be a lot older than she is right now, so I've been thinking about possible meals. We obviously aren't going to do ALL of these, just throwing some ideas out there.

Ohana - I really loved this meal, and that you don't have to go to a buffet and risk missing your characters. The food was awesome!! and we LOVE Stich, plus any time I get to go to the Poly is a good idea!

Be Our Guest - I don't know about this. I'm still on the fence. I really liked the food, and BATB is one of my favorites, but there are so many other places we've never been, so I just can't decide if I want to do a repeat!

Cinderella's Royal Table - Harper will be 3.5 and I'm sure she will still be infatuated with Princesses. I'm thinking this would a great time for this meal. It'd be magical for her!

Crystal Palace - We had a pretty bad experience here on our first trip in 2015. Harper was a mess! It was our first day, she was overstimulated and tired, and then NO characters made their way to our table until we were about to leave. It was over an hour. BUT. Harper really really loves Pooh (at least right now) and given that she will be a bit older, I'm hoping it would be a better experience. But I'm still not 100% sold.

Cape May ( I believe this is at Yacht or Beach club) - They have a Character thing. We've never been, and it'd be a great reason to see the resort more close up!

Garden Grill (?) - Epcot - Is that what's it's called?? My mom and her husband went here on our last trip and loved it. She went in the evening and said the Characters came around several times because it was dead.

So those are just some thoughts right now.

Also thinking about doing BBB! Harper will be old enough.. It's something to think about.

sheriffwoody

I'd like to do, Little Mermaid, Snow White, and Pooh. I don't really want to do it every day, because that's a lot of planning, but I do want to do a couple outfits, and really get creative with them!
Those all sound great! Did you see the outfit my cousin wore for Snow White? It's in my January trip report. It was really simple, she just happened to find a dress in the right colors! I'm assuming you follow the disney bound account on instagram. If not, you totally should - @thedisneybound. Some great ideas on there! I'll probably do Donald again next time I go. It's too easy :D

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Those all sound great! Did you see the outfit my cousin wore for Snow White? It's in my January trip report. It was really simple, she just happened to find a dress in the right colors! I'm assuming you follow the disney bound account on instagram. If not, you totally should - @thedisneybound. Some great ideas on there! I'll probably do Donald again next time I go. It's too easy :D

I follow several Disney bounding accounts on Instagram! My insta is pretty much just turning into following everything Disney!!! LOL I am really excited at the thought of doing it. It's something else to plan in the next year and a half.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Oh!! I also really want to go to Kona Café to try the coffee. I was thinking that maybe just my Husband and I could there on a day that we have an adult day, like last year. It'd be so nice to relax and drink coffee. Ahhhhhh

I also really want to do Tea at the Grand Floridian, but I'm not sure I could talk anyone into it. I guess that means I would have to drag @DarthDaddy ;)

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Figured I'd just pop in here.. no real updates on Disney since the trip is still an insane time away. Harper really loves watching these Disney sing-a-long DVD's we have that were filmed in Disney (looks like 20 years ago.. LOL) and she get's MAD when we turn them off! She also has moved on from being obsessed with Frozen, and is now on to Little Mermaid about 60x a week. She says "ariel!!" when she wants to watch it. I convinced her to give Beauty and the Beast a try this weekend, and she seemed to like it, but gets a little scared of Beast. Understandable.

We are really busy this month! Insanely busy! Possibly moving to a town house, a blues festival this weekend, a new daycare for Harper at the end of the month, Harper's birthday, my nephew's birthday, ect. I'm also getting another tattoo! It's inspired by The Hobbit and am utterly, impatiently excited to get it.

Hopefully you folks don't mind some other talk other than planning for a trip that's still a REALLLY long way out.

So I thought I'd post a few pictures of Harper from Memorial Day weekend :)
IMG_4288.JPG

^ in her Pooh dress. (she's obsessed)
IMG_4276.JPG

^ Snacking on some veggie chips
IMG_4319.JPG

^ Wearing her Disney crocs we got at CBR! Her first experience with sidewalk chalk. She got that for sleeping all night in her big girl bed! :)

Hope everyone is well!

epcotisbest

Figured I'd just pop in here.. no real updates on Disney since the trip is still an insane time away. Harper really loves watching these Disney sing-a-long DVD's we have that were filmed in Disney (looks like 20 years ago.. LOL) and she get's MAD when we turn them off! She also has moved on from being obsessed with Frozen, and is now on to Little Mermaid about 60x a week. She says "ariel!!" when she wants to watch it. I convinced her to give Beauty and the Beast a try this weekend, and she seemed to like it, but gets a little scared of Beast. Understandable.

We are really busy this month! Insanely busy! Possibly moving to a town house, a blues festival this weekend, a new daycare for Harper at the end of the month, Harper's birthday, my nephew's birthday, ect. I'm also getting another tattoo! It's inspired by The Hobbit and am utterly, impatiently excited to get it.

Hopefully you folks don't mind some other talk other than planning for a trip that's still a REALLLY long way out.

So I thought I'd post a few pictures of Harper from Memorial Day weekend :)
View attachment 144340
^ in her Pooh dress. (she's obsessed)
View attachment 144341
^ Snacking on some veggie chips
View attachment 144342
^ Wearing her Disney crocs we got at CBR! Her first experience with sidewalk chalk. She got that for sleeping all night in her big girl bed! :)

Hope everyone is well!
Great pics.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
I WAS so excited to read we would be going the same time again in September and then you bummed me out :(

Going in November is like my dream though so i am jealous!

Following along :):)
For some reason I never got a notification that you posted! So cool you guys are going in September again! I am really excited about November, but my mom is already trying to convince us to go earlier because it's SO LONG to wait. I've got my hear set on it though, so I told her she'll just have to go twice next year! :)

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Well.

There is talk about going in the spring again.

:cool:

My mom brought up staying off park which we did twice when I was a teenager. At first I was all "no no no" but then she said they'd pay for the house we'd rent for the week and we'd only need ticket money and food. Harper would still be free. Then the wheels started turning. If we didn't stay on park, we'd save about $1500-1700. That's a HUGE, significant amount of money. So now I'm thinking back to the days of staying in the giant house with the private pool, the screened in lanai, and I'm thinking "That doesn't so so bad at all" And it means we'd get to go a LOT sooner. I will admit, the trip was so far off that I was just like "eh."

That's about all we've talked about so far. There is a lot going on right now in my family, so hopefully when things clear up we'll be able to discuss the reality of it.

LisaBelle

Well.

My mom brought up staying off park which we did twice when I was a teenager. At first I was all "no no no" but then she said they'd pay for the house we'd rent for the week and we'd only need ticket money and food. Harper would still be free. Then the wheels started turning. If we didn't stay on park, we'd save about $1500-1700. That's a HUGE, significant amount of money. So now I'm thinking back to the days of staying in the giant house with the private pool, the screened in lanai, and I'm thinking "That doesn't so so bad at all" And it means we'd get to go a LOT sooner. I will admit, the trip was so far off that I was just like "eh."

That's about all we've talked about so far. There is a lot going on right now in my family, so hopefully when things clear up we'll be able to discuss the reality of it.
It would be great if you are able to go sooner. Sending pixie dust your way.

lostpro9het

Well.

Well, so now if you're thinking Spring 17 and Fall 17 you should be talking APs. Unless you're holding out for "free" dining I don't see why you wouldn't. The photo pass would be a nice option for two trips. Plus, depending on your ADR plans it might make fiscal since to also jump on a TiW card once you secure your AP.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Well, so now if you're thinking Spring 17 and Fall 17 you should be talking APs. Unless you're holding out for "free" dining I don't see why you wouldn't. The photo pass would be a nice option for two trips. Plus, depending on your ADR plans it might make fiscal since to also jump on a TiW card once you secure your AP.
Ohhh I wish I was talking about twice next year, but unfortunately, nope. We really want to go at Christmas, but we also don't want to wait 18 months. So if we stay off park, we can go in the spring! My husband only gets 2 weeks of vacation time, so two vacations a year isn't really possible for us. I get 4, so I could go, but I wouldn't dream of leaving him alone! I did joke with my mom about how she could go again in the Fall, get a villa somewhere, and we could fly down with just carry on's for a long weekend! I'm going to keep dreaming about that one! :)

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Here's hoping that you will be able to go in the Spring! Do you know when in the Spring you'd be going? You will probably be able to catch the Flower and Garden Festival which is always nice. :)

Very beginning of March.. like the 4th. We went to F&G in April this year, and loved it! I would be happy to catch it again, but I'm not sure it starts that early~!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom