Pre-Trip Another Spring Trip! late April 2017

Well, well well. :D

Just got back from Disney a 10 days ago, and here I am again! Also I finally got my husband to join the board too, so @DarthDaddy maybe also be piping in on this PTR!

So once upon a time, there was a girl who was obsessed with the beach (specifically Myrtle Beach) and that was the only place in the world I ever dreamed of vacationing. I would never even entertain the idea of going anywhere else. Until....

We had a daughter. However, in 2015 at the suggestion of my mother, I begrudgingly conceded and agreed to go to Disney. She planned a pretty amazing Disney trip. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, did plenty of Character Breakfasts, the whole 9. I think she thought we'd never go back, so she planned a top of line trip.

Instead, it had the opposite effect.

Six months later (our April 2016 trip) we were back and had an even more amazing time than the first trip, if that's possible.

Disney Depression has been killing us, and we've been thinking long and hard what to do about next year's trip. We had bounced the beach back and forth for awhile, but something deep down inside of me what not real happy with the thought of going to the beach. (what is wrong with me?? I used to love the beach!) I think we've decided. Disney again next year! Our daughter will be 3 in June and then no longer free, so our thought process is we might as well milk that one last time if we are going to be Disney fans and going a lot.

So far, we know almost nothing except we've got to start saving, ASAP. My parents are going in March, and like the past two trips, we tag along with them. We make our own plans, but are normally in the same parks on the same days, so we can usually get together during the day. They are staying at Coronado Springs and we'd like to do the same, but we just have to see how much more it will cost us than a Value since we have about 10 months to plan and save for the trip. We are waiting for the 2017 prices to come out and then I guess we will make an official decision at that point!

****UPDATE: WE ARE NOW GOING IN SEPTMEBER 2017! We couldn't do early 2017 and thought we were cancelling for awhile, but we've decided we can do September and it gives us plenty of time to save! So please don't be confused by the first page or two of us saying we can't go!!!****

In case you missed our last trip report, or PTR.. here is our cast:

I am Britt & this is my husband AJ (aka @DarthDaddy)
IMG_3474.JPG

And here is our little girl Harper who is currently almost 2. She will almost 3 on our next trip!
IMG_3648.JPG

So that's about all I've got right now! Stick around for the next 18 months!

:)

Last edited:

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
You should do that!! POFQ is such a great resort! I cannot compare it with others but it is tiny small and easy with the buses. Not much waiting time when leaving a park back to the resort!

I stayed at POR, back when it was Dixie Landings and the only thing I remember was the pool! We loved the water slides. It looks sooo pretty and I'm hoping on my next trip, I can stay there.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
So you will be back in November '17 right? Already a resort (maybe it is mentiond in this PTR, then I forgot sorry :))

No, only in April next year! It went back and forth a couple times, but we are going in April and staying in a rental home rather than on Disney property. We're saving a ton of money, and it allows us to go sooner, so I'm okay with it! :)

FlaggNL

No, only in April next year! It went back and forth a couple times, but we are going in April and staying in a rental home rather than on Disney property. We're saving a ton of money, and it allows us to go sooner, so I'm okay with it! :)

I totally agree :) We did it in 2014. We were in a villa nearby with a great group of friends. Last year we were with the 3 of us and we want to be on the property. Next October a friend is joining us and again the property. The offer we received from Disney UK was so great we had to accept it. And for 2017 we have the same offer.... so 2 more trips for us.... 77 days for the next and 442 for the second :)

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
I totally agree :) We did it in 2014. We were in a villa nearby with a great group of friends. Last year we were with the 3 of us and we want to be on the property. Next October a friend is joining us and again the property. The offer we received from Disney UK was so great we had to accept it. And for 2017 we have the same offer.... so 2 more trips for us.... 77 days for the next and 442 for the second :)

Oh definitely! If I were coming from overseas I would certainly stay on park, then you don't have to worry about transportation, and all that. however, the amount of money we are saving on this trip is HUGE, so I'm okay with it! We've done it twice in the past and it's actually quite nice to have your own private pool and house at the end of the day!

FlaggNL

Oh definitely! If I were coming from overseas I would certainly stay on park, then you don't have to worry about transportation, and all that. however, the amount of money we are saving on this trip is HUGE, so I'm okay with it! We've done it twice in the past and it's actually quite nice to have your own private pool and house at the end of the day!

Nothing more yhan Totally agree :)

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
hello there!

There hasn't been much to update, so I've been staying quiet. We are still over 200 days out, and there isn't much to plan right now. Even coming on here is hard knowing we are still so far away from our trip!

Next month we will be purchasing our tickets, and our 180 day mark should hit sometime next month too, so I believe we will be able to make ADR's. I don't think we are going to do TOO many, but I do want a Character meal or so.

So that's all I've got for now! I believe after Christmas, it'll fly just like it did this year.

Figgy1

Premium Member
hello there!

There hasn't been much to update, so I've been staying quiet. We are still over 200 days out, and there isn't much to plan right now. Even coming on here is hard knowing we are still so far away from our trip!

Next month we will be purchasing our tickets, and our 180 day mark should hit sometime next month too, so I believe we will be able to make ADR's. I don't think we are going to do TOO many, but I do want a Character meal or so.

So that's all I've got for now! I believe after Christmas, it'll fly just like it did this year.
Our favorite character meal was Tusker House dinner, almost everything was gf and quite tasty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom