Pre-Trip Another Spring Trip! late April 2017

Well, well well. :D

Just got back from Disney a 10 days ago, and here I am again! Also I finally got my husband to join the board too, so @DarthDaddy maybe also be piping in on this PTR!

So once upon a time, there was a girl who was obsessed with the beach (specifically Myrtle Beach) and that was the only place in the world I ever dreamed of vacationing. I would never even entertain the idea of going anywhere else. Until....

We had a daughter. However, in 2015 at the suggestion of my mother, I begrudgingly conceded and agreed to go to Disney. She planned a pretty amazing Disney trip. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, did plenty of Character Breakfasts, the whole 9. I think she thought we'd never go back, so she planned a top of line trip.

Instead, it had the opposite effect.

Six months later (our April 2016 trip) we were back and had an even more amazing time than the first trip, if that's possible.

Disney Depression has been killing us, and we've been thinking long and hard what to do about next year's trip. We had bounced the beach back and forth for awhile, but something deep down inside of me what not real happy with the thought of going to the beach. (what is wrong with me?? I used to love the beach!) I think we've decided. Disney again next year! Our daughter will be 3 in June and then no longer free, so our thought process is we might as well milk that one last time if we are going to be Disney fans and going a lot.

So far, we know almost nothing except we've got to start saving, ASAP. My parents are going in March, and like the past two trips, we tag along with them. We make our own plans, but are normally in the same parks on the same days, so we can usually get together during the day. They are staying at Coronado Springs and we'd like to do the same, but we just have to see how much more it will cost us than a Value since we have about 10 months to plan and save for the trip. We are waiting for the 2017 prices to come out and then I guess we will make an official decision at that point!

****UPDATE: WE ARE NOW GOING IN SEPTMEBER 2017! We couldn't do early 2017 and thought we were cancelling for awhile, but we've decided we can do September and it gives us plenty of time to save! So please don't be confused by the first page or two of us saying we can't go!!!****

In case you missed our last trip report, or PTR.. here is our cast:

I am Britt & this is my husband AJ (aka @DarthDaddy)
IMG_3474.JPG

And here is our little girl Harper who is currently almost 2. She will almost 3 on our next trip!
IMG_3648.JPG

So that's about all I've got right now! Stick around for the next 18 months!

:)

Last edited:

Figgy1

Sending pixie dust your way. If it makes you feel any better we're renting a condo for most of our trip this year except for 3 nights at Shades of Green and saving a boat and a half load of money LOL. We did it the last several trips and would rather have a longer more relaxing vacation with extra spending money than short rushed trips.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Well, it's official! We are going in the spring! (instead of the fall..)

But the dates are a little later than I thought.

We are going 4/29-5/6!!!!

We are staying off site in a really gorgeous house, and are planning a little more laid back Disney trip. We might even take a day and go to the beach, and I'm thinking about skipping DHS this trip. I do like DHS, but for like 3 things, and then we leave, so I think in the interest of saving even more money, we might skip it. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm thinking 2 days in MK, one day in AK, and one day in Epcot. We might do a water park, or the beach, and we really want more time to check out Disney Springs.

Just like that we went from 16 months, to 10!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Sending pixie dust your way. If it makes you feel any better we're renting a condo for most of our trip this year except for 3 nights at Shades of Green and saving a boat and a half load of money LOL. We did it the last several trips and would rather have a longer more relaxing vacation with extra spending money than short rushed trips.

Exactly! The length of our trip will be the same, but we are planning on doing less and relaxing more. I'm not even planning on park hoppers because if we are off park, we aren't going to be leaving and coming back, and with a toddler, it's pretty hard to park hop and keep a child in a happy mood (makes for long days!)

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Okay, I've re-thought it and think we're not going to skip DHS. Honestly, there are lot of things there we CAN do, and it just feels wrong to go from 6 days in Disney to 4. So I think we're going to do 2 MK, Epcot, AK, and DHS. That's 5 days, and still one day less than we normally do.

Only issue is that my mom and step dad want to spend two days in Uni and we don't. Don't get me wrong, we went and liked the WWoHP stuff, but didn't feel like the rest was that great and don't want to spend the money to return. The only reason it's an issue is because we agreed we'd all go to the same parks on the same days so that everyone could help with driving to and from the parks so we didn't have to take two cars and all that, but now that we're thinking about it, that probably won't work out. We'll just have to end up taking our car on the days that don't line up. No big deal.

We are still trying to find a house. We had one, but it seriously set off some SCAM bells, so we've dropped that one and are looking for another one.

Figgy1

Okay, I've re-thought it and think we're not going to skip DHS. Honestly, there are lot of things there we CAN do, and it just feels wrong to go from 6 days in Disney to 4. So I think we're going to do 2 MK, Epcot, AK, and DHS. That's 5 days, and still one day less than we normally do.

Only issue is that my mom and step dad want to spend two days in Uni and we don't. Don't get me wrong, we went and liked the WWoHP stuff, but didn't feel like the rest was that great and don't want to spend the money to return. The only reason it's an issue is because we agreed we'd all go to the same parks on the same days so that everyone could help with driving to and from the parks so we didn't have to take two cars and all that, but now that we're thinking about it, that probably won't work out. We'll just have to end up taking our car on the days that don't line up. No big deal.

We are still trying to find a house. We had one, but it seriously set off some SCAM bells, so we've dropped that one and are looking for another one.
we always book through a company with a good BBB rating a few dollars more is priceless

joshsprincess921

Well, it's official! We are going in the spring! (instead of the fall..)

But the dates are a little later than I thought.

We are going 4/29-5/6!!!!

We are staying off site in a really gorgeous house, and are planning a little more laid back Disney trip. We might even take a day and go to the beach, and I'm thinking about skipping DHS this trip. I do like DHS, but for like 3 things, and then we leave, so I think in the interest of saving even more money, we might skip it. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm thinking 2 days in MK, one day in AK, and one day in Epcot. We might do a water park, or the beach, and we really want more time to check out Disney Springs.

Just like that we went from 16 months, to 10!

I'll be there at the same time!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
House has been selected and paid for! It's a beautiful home and supposedly you can see some of Disney's fireworks from the back porch! That'd be nice!

It's only 10 months away, but it doesn't quite feel real yet! I think the fact that we are staying off park and haven't bought any tickets or anything yet has something to do with it. I'd much rather save a ton of money, but for some reason it doesn't seem real until we have reservations made. We won't be able to buy our tickets until October, so it'll be a little bit.

This next trip I'm going to get a little bit more "fun" with my shirts. I keep seeing all these amazing shirts on Etsy and I am going to have to buy some! I got a great Tangled tank top this weekend at Hot Topic. They have a great Disney line and that's pretty much the only reason I go into the store.:p

So we're getting closer, a little bit at a time!

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Well, things were touch and go for awhile but we are still going in April/May.

My step sister and her family are coming now, so we need a bigger house. My mom is taking care of looking for a bigger house that's (hopefully) closer to Disney. So far she hasn't found anything. These houses go quick!

I have questions, and maybe someone can answer them!

1) I still really want Memory Maker. Can you buy it ahead of time if you are NOT staying on park? Can I use an old magic band for them to scan on to, or will they just scan them to one of the plastic cards? And can they continue to scan on ONE card, or do they just keep scanning different cards and I'm going to have 50 cards at the end of the day?

2) When can offsite people make ADR's/FP's? I know it's probably not the normal 180/30 days right?

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
We got everything we wanted at the time we wanted, ADRs and FP even FEA

That's great news! We decided today what our week will look like. We were going to try to wait until crowd calendars came out, but my step sis's family isn't going to Disney, they are doing Uni/Sea World/Discovery cove. There was just so much to plan out between three families, that we are just winging it with the days! Glad we're starting to see the trip come into shape!

Btw, we did find a house and it's reserved! YAY!

Figgy1

That's great news! We decided today what our week will look like. We were going to try to wait until crowd calendars came out, but my step sis's family isn't going to Disney, they are doing Uni/Sea World/Discovery cove. There was just so much to plan out between three families, that we are just winging it with the days! Glad we're starting to see the trip come into shape!

Btw, we did find a house and it's reserved! YAY!
Congrats on the house

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom