Another POFQ Question

eddiemcgarrigle

Okay peeps it's question time.

If staying at POFQ and wanting to travel to the Magic Kingdom, in order to avoid the queues for buses, is it a viable option to take the short drive to Epcot and use the monorail? In addition, at what time do the monorails start up? Do all the car parks areas open at the same time, ie, Epcot and the Transportation Centre?

Oh my, questions, questions, questions. I think you can tell that I aim to avoid the crowds by heading in a different direction at the end of day. Extra Magic Hours will help but the mad rush for the monorail at leaving time is not fun.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
  • Take the resort monorail when leaving the MK . The lines nowhere near as long. You may spend more time on the monorail because of the stops (but is more monorail time ever a bad thing?) but you won't have to wait anywhere near the length of time in line.
  • Take the ferry back to the TTA, then walk to the monorail station for your trip back to Epcot.

Upvote 0

coltow

I do not know whay you would do that. The buses come often and take you right to the gate. If you took went to EPCOT 1st then the monorail, I would think that could add 20-30 minutes each way.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think it's fastest to go by the most direct available route. Any stop along the way has the potential for additional crowds you hadn't anticipated. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Disneybird

In the time it would take you to drive to Epcot and get on the monorail, you would probably be at the MK if you rode the bus from POFQ. If you really want to avoid the lines for the bus, why just drive to Epcot? Why not drive on over to the MK? That way you avoid the lines going to the park and leaving also.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

You could drive to the Grand Floridian, there is parking across the street from the resort for guests staying at other resorts, walk the short distance to the resort, and either take the monorail or the launch boat which goes directly to MK. Monorail would be a longer ride back, but the boat goes directly to GF before going to to Poly.

Upvote 0

If staying at POFQ and wanting to travel to the Magic Kingdom, in order to avoid the queues for buses, is it a viable option to take the short drive to Epcot and use the monorail?

While possible, it would not be any faster or avoid any lines. You would still have to wait in monorail line & wait for monorail. Then you would have to wait for parking lot tram.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

If staying at POFQ and wanting to travel to the Magic Kingdom, in order to avoid the queues for buses, is it a viable option to take the short drive to Epcot and use the monorail? In addition, at what time do the monorails start up? Do all the car parks areas open at the same time, ie, Epcot and the Transportation Centre?
I agree with what a few others said ... it will be quicker for you to take the bus from POFQ to MK than to do the following:
  • drive to Epcot (POFQ is nearer the back than the front of the park, so the drive isn't quite as short as you would think)
  • wait for the tram to take you to near the entrance
  • take the circuitous walk up the monorail platform
  • wait for the monorail
  • take the 8 minute ride to the TTC
  • exit the monorail, walk down the ramp, and then walk across to the ramp for the express monorail
  • wait for the express monorail
  • ride the express monorail to the Magic Kingdom

All of that will surely take you longer than just taking the bus from POFQ to MK.

And then you'll have to do that whole thing in reverse in the evening.

I also don't think you'll encounter the long lines for the bus in the morning that you anticipate.

Upvote 0

kcs

We stayed at POR this past November and the bus rides were always quick with very short waits. I think it would take much longer to do the monorail.

Upvote 0

L2DAVI

I just returned from POFQ and they have a direct bus that takes you right to MK. The buses came pretty quick. You get direct buses for MK & HS. You share the buses for all the other parks. But like I said they come quick.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Want to avoid crowds? Go super early. I think buses start off at least 90 minutes before the parks open. Prepare to be on one of the first buses. If you want, make reservations at a monorail resort for a very early breakfast, so you can eat near the MK and still be there in plenty of time for opening.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Slappy has good advice there ... going early will help avoid large crowds. Buses to Magic Kingdom start running around 6:30 a.m. or so, regardless of how early or late MK opens. Crystal Palace (inside MK) and Chef Mickey's (a 7-minute walk across the street, in Contemporary Resort) both start serving their character breakfast buffets at 7:00 a.m.

Upvote 0

jen2009

All the times we have stayed at POFQ, the bus has gone directly to MK.

When a bus would make other stops is when it was going to AK then it would stop to drop people off at the water parks. If the bus was going to Epcot, it would sometimes stop into POR. This was a rare case when we stayed there in March. The bus was usually the quickest route unless you drive to the park and are lucky enough to get a spot within walking distance to a gate. Not sure about MK because we have never driven to MK.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom