Another MK smoking area goes up in smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

wogwog

Original Poster
Sorry I could not resist the title. I do not and have never smoked but this is a subtle change by Disney, if it is permanent. An acquaintance who works for the Mouse tells me the previous smoking area for Main Street by the moat was closed for the construction work presently everywhere. She says no new location was opened and none are indicated on the just published new map. Her leader told her the nearest areas for smoking are now at the castle, near Space Mountain, and across from the Dole Whip stand. I remember her previously telling me Disney started restricting the new type fake cigarettes that emit any vapor to the smoking areas as well. So you few who still smoke be sure to stoke up before going through security at the MK.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oy. Another thread turns flame, the easy target, smokers.

And yet stupid guests sit by wood fireplaces and suck up the carcinogens. Sit around a campfire with their children. Guests will stand in a bay with 25 buses emitting diesel carcinogens and breathe all that into their lungs. Take a deep breath of fresh magic air when they go outside to catch the DME at MCO. Or waiting for their bus leaving the MK or any of the parks. Guests are likely to feel worse than the 2 seconds it takes to pass through a smoking section that can easily be avoided these days at Disney. All the 'other' smoke and vapors we will willingly suck in at Disney but Lord forbid a nicotine vapor in the parks. Comical. :rolleyes:

Up next the Peta People objecting having to smell the Turkey Legs roasting away in Frontierland?

images

englanddg

One Little Spark...

And yet stupid guests sit by wood fireplaces and suck up the carcinogens. Sit around a campfire with their children. Guests will stand in a bay with 25 buses emitting diesel carcinogens and breathe all that into their lungs. Take a deep breath of fresh magic air when they go outside to catch the DME at MCO. Or waiting for their bus leaving the MK or any of the parks. Guests are likely to feel worse than the 2 seconds it takes to pass through a smoking section that can easily to avoid these days at Disney. All the 'other' smoke and vapors we will willingly suck in at Disney but Lord forbid a nicotine vapor in the parks. Comical. :rolleyes:

Up next the Peta People objecting having to smell the Turkey Legs roasting away in Frontierland?

images
Excellent points, excellent post.

AndyS2992

And yet stupid guests sit by wood fireplaces and suck up the carcinogens. Sit around a campfire with their children. Guests will stand in a bay with 25 buses emitting diesel carcinogens and breathe all that into their lungs. Take a deep breath of fresh magic air when they go outside to catch the DME at MCO. Or waiting for their bus leaving the MK or any of the parks. Guests are likely to feel worse than the 2 seconds it takes to pass through a smoking section that can easily be avoided these days at Disney. All the 'other' smoke and vapors we will willingly suck in at Disney but Lord forbid a nicotine vapor in the parks. Comical. :rolleyes:

images
It's amusing that there was no actual flaming until you posted your massive flamer rant making you the worst culprit. Comical :rolleyes: Lol

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I personally do not understand it myself but I am guessing its because it will keep Guests who smoke real cigarettes from complaining and turning it around that those that choose to use electronic cigarettes get to smoke freely around the park so they should be allowed to as well.
More likely, I suspect, it's that guests who hate smoking see people "smoking" and complained.

Violiav

I really don't think/hope they'll add the dragon to Boo to You. I would like to see the floats designed for FoF used exclusively for that parade. I just don't like how entertainment will use one float in three different offerings, it just doesn't make the parades as unique when they all have the same floats.

I personally do not understand it myself but I am guessing its because it will keep Guests who smoke real cigarettes from complaining and turning it around that those that choose to use electronic cigarettes get to smoke freely around the park so they should be allowed to as well.

I've read that a small number of people can have allergic reactions to e-cigs.

AndyS2992

Oh please how ridiculous. Buy patches. Don't understand why people do it. Needs to be banned. You were quite candid as was I. Own it.
I never said smoking needs to be banned just why do you smoke? seriously. Expensive, killing yourself and those around you etc there is no benefit. The answer I get every time is that 'it relaxes me' well no it doesn't, it just your nicotine levels normalising. If you didn't smoke your nicotine levels will always be normal so you wouldn't need to smoke. Drinking tea is just as relaxing and that cant kill you.

I know this is a hot topic which is going to ruffle feathers but my stance is that smoking is pointless. If you want to do it then that's up to you.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I never said smoking needs to be banned just why do you smoke? seriously. Expensive, killing yourself and those around you etc there is no benefit. The answer I get every time is that 'it relaxes me' well no it doesn't, it just your nicotine levels normalising. If you didn't smoke your nicotine levels will always be normal so you wouldn't need to smoke. Drinking tea is just as relaxing and that cant kill you.

I know this is a hot topic which is going to ruffle feathers but my stance is that smoking is pointless. If you want to do it then that's up to you.
Here's my 2 cents.

Smoking stinks. Literally.

I am a smoker, and I know it stinks. I tried to quit, I failed. I need to quit, I know this.

It's a dirty, nasty habit.

A private company should be allowed to control how and when smoking is allowed on their property, including banning it.

All that being said...

There is a modern (and yes, it is modern) movement about smoking that takes avenues that are not popular trends (such as, it should be banned), and these are disturbing. As they create precedent for other things to be banned.

First it's smokes, next it's your soda, next it's your "pick something popularly ignorant people flock to"...

Look, second hand smoke is bad, but unless you are over in the section huffing all the fumes, you won't get much out of it outside of a dis-pleasant smell at a distance.

Same as if someone farts in line (methane is not only bad for you, and toxic, but is also a greenhouse gas!).

I support Disney pushing smoking out of the parks.

I don't support anti-smoking idiots who have lashed their arguments onto shallow science and overblow the "toxic nature" as if because their precious flower inhaled some tobacco smoke at a distance, they are going to have extreme lung cancer when they are 60.

A large percentage of the boomers alive today (who had parents who smoked IN THE HOUSE DAILY)...who didn't smoke, didn't die from cancer related issues regarding their parents.

It's among the silliest justifications I've ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom