Another Magical Express question

Joy Peace

Has anyone used this service in July? Ive heard it can be hectic and take up to 3 hours just to get to your resort because they are so busy. Is this true?:shrug:

shoppingnut

I've used it in July and it didn't take 3 hrs, I think it was just a little over an hour from getting off the plane, bathroom break, checking in at DME and getting on line and then arriving at the resort.

Upvote 0
2-3 Hours seems to be the norm for luggage from Magic Express. Not because it's bad or unorganized. And I'm not saying there are cases where you get your suitcases within the hour. BUT...pack swimsuits and any necessities in your carry on - this way, you won't have a problem. And if you don't want to wait, you can simply go and pick up your luggage at baggage claim and take it on the bus with you. Never done it, but others have, and they liked it. :~)

Upvote 0

tjkref418

In general getting people to the World is pretty efficent, like others have stated an hour even when it is very busy. I agree that the luggage is a wildcard, and you should pack a change of clothes/swimsuit in a carry-on bag. I have heard stories about 6 hours plus on the luggage (although I am sure this is rare)

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Has anyone used this service in July? Ive heard it can be hectic and take up to 3 hours just to get to your resort because they are so busy. Is this true?:shrug:
You're hearing really bad and really false rumors.

You have to make a reservation to use DME. Therefore, they know how many people are arriving at any given time, and they have staff and buses commensurate with that.

The last time I used DME, my flight landed at 10:00 p.m. There was on CM working the counter and one person in line ahead of me; time from airplane exit to resort: 56 minutes. The time before that, my flight landed at 10:00 a.m. and there were 14 CMs handling the long line of guests. Even with a huge line that snaked well beyond the switchbacks, I waited in line exactly 5 minutes at the counter; time from airplane exit to resort: 63 minutes.

Disney knows what it's doing when it comes to customer service. Don't believe horror story rumors. I mean, I'm sure someone sometime maybe had a 3 hour ordeal, but then again, an old lady died on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride last year, and that doesn't make me believe that I shouldn't let my elderly grandmother on the ride, know what I mean?

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We arrived on a Sunday during our June 2006 trip & our wait was not long at all.
We arrived on a Saturday during our Sept. 2007 trip & we waited for about 3 hrs.
It may depend on the day of the week that you arrive.
:wave:

Upvote 0

NoVa Mom

We went Thanksgiving week in 07. It was very crowded but not that bad. Our time was from arrival to resort 54 minutes
On return to airport from resort was 53 minutes. Not bad considering it was very busy in the parks. I think July will be similar if not a little less busy! Have soooooo much fun!:wave:

Upvote 0

shanny

We arrived on a Sunday during our June 2006 trip & our wait was not long at all.
We arrived on a Saturday during our Sept. 2007 trip & we waited for about 3 hrs.

we didnt wait very long at all when we used it for our aug 07 trip, and we arrived on a saturday also. maybe you just hit a bump in the road? :shrug:

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Disney EXPECTS crowds to be bigger and DME in July, and they staff accordingly. You'll be fine, but pack the things you'll need right away in a small carry-on bag. (P.S. - I'd offer you the same advice about the carry-on no matter what month you were planning on traveling!) :)

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Are you saying that 3 hours passed between the time you deplaned and the time you were dropped off at your resort? Or are you talking about how long it took for your luggage to arrive? Disney says right in the DME booklet to expect your luggage to arrive about 3 hours after you check-in at your resort.

Upvote 0

teddygurl28

ok so i know this was answered above, but i want to be quite sure, im a little crazy about things and although i like the sound of just having my luggage appear, id rather not. so my flight gets in at 10pm, im signed up for the me, but if i dont put the luggage tags on can i get my bags at baggage claim and then drag them over to where the disney bus is and then check in there and take my bags with me on the bus to my resort? if i can that would be great...otherwise i wont be able to relax until they get ther e:(

Upvote 0

figmentmom

ok so i know this was answered above, but i want to be quite sure, im a little crazy about things and although i like the sound of just having my luggage appear, id rather not. so my flight gets in at 10pm, im signed up for the me, but if i dont put the luggage tags on can i get my bags at baggage claim and then drag them over to where the disney bus is and then check in there and take my bags with me on the bus to my resort? if i can that would be great...otherwise i wont be able to relax until they get ther e:(

Yes, lots of people do that! It will work out just fine.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Used DME in July 06' and August 07'. I arrived at the resort in about an hour, my luggage arrived within 1 hour the July time and don't know the August time.(we were already in the parks) To me, I really don't care what time my luggage arrives, as long as it is there by nighttime when we are through with the day. We always carry a backpack with some basic essentials we may need.

If you don't want to use DME for your luggage, just don't put on the yellow resort tags and check them in/out as usual or only check the bags you don't need right away. You can carry them on the DME bus with you. They store nicely underneath while you relax in the ac while watching Mickey. (if the TV works...in August our bus TVs did not)

Whatever you choose, enjoy!!:)

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

June 2006 - Took us about 1 hr. to leave the airport by DME once we landed.
Sept. 2007 - Took us about 3 hrs. to leave the airport by DME once we landed.

Upvote 0

Maerj

They store nicely underneath while you relax in the ac while watching Mickey. (if the TV works...in August our bus TVs did not)

Whatever you choose, enjoy!!:)

They really need to fix and update that video. They've been using the same one since DME started. Just a few updates would help. For first time guests, this will be the first taste of Disney before they get to the parks, its a shame that its a blurry outdated video IMHO.

Upvote 0

Kamikaze

They really need to fix and update that video. They've been using the same one since DME started. Just a few updates would help. For first time guests, this will be the first taste of Disney before they get to the parks, its a shame that its a blurry outdated video IMHO.

No, it isn't. The video says 'Hollywood Studios' so obviously it isn't the original video.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom