News Another Little Thing from the Neighbor Lady - Star Wars Preview Center

Kman101

Yes and no. It's really apples and oranges. Disneyland is the original and generally wins on charm, heart, and quality. WDW wins on sheer scale and breadth of offerings. For a long time it didn't matter where they built a major attraction first, it was better at Disneyland. Now there are at least a couple of exceptions: ToT, Splash, CBJ on charm, Soarin' on capacity, Everest vs. Matterhorn.

Walt credited The Florida Project with "the blessing of size" and he was right. Disneyland Park is my heart--I grew up there, I worked there just out of high school. But I respect the accomplishments of furthering Walt's dreams at WDW and around the world. There is a quality to Walt's Magic Kingdom that stands apart. But I embrace the rest of the dream (except Pirates-WDW--I spit on it, I smite it, I loathe it).

A lot of Disneylanders seem to enjoy trashing WDW. I don't really understand the idea of tearing something down (and believe me, WDW has so many flaws it needs no help but the disdain for WDW is strong for some reason) to build something else up. Like the Uni vs. Disney fan wars, can't we just enjoy them all? None of them are perfect by any means ;) Disneyland isn't exactly winning in life right now with their decisions and recent track record. I don't pop in here much, but it's a really fun forum with great people but I don't understand the WDW disdain.

But I love a neighbor lady chat and appreciate TP for bringing it to all of us.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
A lot of Disneylanders seem to enjoy trashing WDW. I don't really understand the idea of tearing something down (and believe me, WDW has so many flaws it needs no help but the disdain for WDW is strong for some reason) to build something else up. Like the Uni vs. Disney fan wars, can't we just enjoy them all? None of them are perfect by any means ;) Disneyland isn't exactly winning in life right now with their decisions and recent track record. I don't pop in here much, but it's a really fun forum with great people but I don't understand the WDW disdain.

But I love a neighbor lady chat and appreciate TP for bringing it to all of us.

This war is older than West Coast vs East Coast Hip Hop.... ;):p:cool:

nevol

Hi! That's me. Yeah I read these forums since I'm just as curious as everyone else about the future of the parks. David has his specualtion and "conspiracy theories" which he usually tries to acknowledge as such and then I lovingly try to bring him back down to something that seems more feasible later.
Ian! Big fan. I watch you guys more than I watch Ellen/Stephen Colbert/SNL 😂

Enough of this wdw vs dlr convo. Disneyland resort makes an insane amount of profit that rovals wdw but for whatever reason they like to pour more money into Wdw. Disneyland could use the 900 rooms that are going to fort wilderness dvc , the coronado expansion, etc

TP2000

Original Poster
Since this thread popped up, what is the latest with your neighbor lady, @TP2000 ?

Valid point to bring up.

I'm sorry to not have more info right now. Back in January, I lost a very, very dear friend quite suddenly, someone I'd been close to for a couple decades, and it really shook my household up quite a bit. That's why I haven't been posting much and haven't been my usual gabby self this winter. I left town for a bit, came back, and have been happy just being quiet at home and thinking about my old friend now gone.

Although I do still enjoy the community here, and I'll get back into the swing of things this spring I'm sure. We'll have much to discuss with Star Wars Land in just a couple months! :)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Valid point to bring up.

I'm sorry to not have more info right now. Back in January, I lost a very, very dear friend quite suddenly, someone I'd been close to for a couple decades, and it really shook my household up quite a bit. That's why I haven't been posting much and haven't been my usual gabby self this winter. I left town for a bit, came back, and have been happy just being quiet at home and thinking about my old friend now gone.

Although I do still enjoy the community here, and I'll get back into the swing of things this spring I'm sure. We'll have much to discuss with Star Wars Land in just a couple months! :)

Sorry for your loss, be well.

mickEblu

Valid point to bring up.

Sorry for your loss TP.

drizgirl

Valid point to bring up.

I'm really sorry for your loss.

jzramom

Valid point to bring up.

I lost my father in law 1/19, so I get you. It just sucks!!!

Darkbeer1

Valid point to bring up.

Let me add my condolences. I have been away for a few days. thank goodness not for the lost of a loved one, but just life in general. This afternoon has been the first quiet window in awhile, and I should be dealing with phone messages, but needed a break.

You learn life goes on, and that you don't do it by yourself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom