News Another Drunk Banned for Life

fngoofy

The irony I see, is that some people go to WDW to forget about their daily stresses. Then when they're there, they get so drunk to even remember much about being at WDW in the first place. 🤷‍♀️
I've only seen two people visibly drunk over the last 15 yrs (100+ days in the parks.) One was on NYE and the other was at a night F&W.
That's pretty good for the number of people there each day.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
To be really honest I really do not like the idea of the parks selling alcohol. I think a exception should be only served at the nicer full service restaurants. Just too many idiots that completly ruin the atmosphere for everyone else especially all the kids!
Yes, because kids get really upset and stop having fun if they a see an adult slur their words or stumble around. But when they see mom and dad yell and act completely rude to a 19 year old CM, its magical! smh

I was at a sports bar/restaurant this past Sunday to watch football and there were many children with their families. Lots of people drinking and yelling/cheering/acting wild. Im sure those kids lives are ruined.

Incomudro

I've only seen two people visibly drunk over the last 15 yrs (100+ days in the parks.) One was on NYE and the other was at a night F&W.
That's pretty good for the number of people there each day.

I was at Epcot a few years ago, and very drunk young people were numerous.
Saw a kid vomiting in the bushes near Norway.
Saw two guys drunkenly hitting on a female store attendant in the shop at International Gateway.
It was bad.

ImperfectPixie

Saw two guys drunkenly hitting on a female store attendant in the shop at International Gateway.
It was bad.
We experienced very similar. World Showcase reeked of a nearly intolerable mix of booze, sweat, and too much cologne.

Incomudro

We experienced very similar. World Showcase reeked of a nearly intolerable mix of booze, sweat, and too much cologne.

Yeah, when I saw this going on I was having a "What the heck happened to Epcot?" experience.
I expect this stuff at a ball game, which is why I don't go to those.
This is coming from a guy who spent his youth going out to bars, clubs, and many a rock concert.
I've seen my share of drinking, and I've done my share.
But there's a time and a place - as well as an appropriate level for everything.
Obviously drunk people behaving in obviously drunk ways - in daylight at a place that has a large amount of kids is just wrong.

Incomudro

Yes, because kids get really upset and stop having fun if they a see an adult slur their words or stumble around. But when they see mom and dad yell and act completely rude to a 19 year old CM, its magical! smh

I was at a sports bar/restaurant this past Sunday to watch football and there were many children with their families. Lots of people drinking and yelling/cheering/acting wild. Im sure those kids lives are ruined.

This post is ridiculous on so many levels.

MuteSuperstar

But there's a time and a place - as well as an appropriate level for everything.
Obviously drunk people behaving in obviously drunk ways - in daylight at a place that has a large amount of kids is just wrong.

I'm not for banning it or anything (we all have our vices), but I do find it telling that America's favorite way of "celebrating life" is guzzling down a depressant.

Lilofan

If the kids lives are ruined because of experiencing these actions, our country is doomed....

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This post is ridiculous on so many levels.
Because Ive never seen full grown adults at WDW being completely rude or even cursing at CMs right in front of their children. Oh wait, I see it every trip. What I dont see is all the drunk people vomiting everywhere and causing fights that people here claim to see.

What is ridiculous is threads like this in which there is absolutely no evidence or even mention in the article that the woman was rampaging through the park, or even served in the park, yet people start up with their claims of, "Disney should stop serving alcohol", or "think about the children". Where is the concern for the children when a perfectly sober adult is berating a CM in front of children for something ridiculous? Or almost getting into a fist fight over spot to watch the fireworks. Again, things you can actually witness. Great behavior for children to witness. But alcohol wasnt involved so its ok?

unmitigated disaster

In my experience lots of people really do not understand what they are like when tipsy or drunk. We see it all the time at weddings at the hotel where I work, and this cuts across all socio-economic levels, though our weddings are mainly upper class. Drinking so much they vomit then pass out then wake up when 911 shows up? Yep. Drinking so much they destroy hotel property? Yep. Drinking so much they assault or try to assault people? Oh, yeah. Guests make a lot of calls to 911 about drunks fighting.

I mean, not all do. We've had weddings where people know their limits and are nice, polite and considerate.

But if you say anything to the violent drunks after the fact, like "that $500 charge is for the hole you punched in the wall" well, not them! They have money, class, etc.

Incomudro

In my experience lots of people really do not understand what they are like when tipsy or drunk. We see it all the time at weddings at the hotel where I work, and this cuts across all socio-economic levels, though our weddings are mainly upper class. Drinking so much they vomit then pass out then wake up when 911 shows up? Yep. Drinking so much they destroy hotel property? Yep. Drinking so much they assault or try to assault people? Oh, yeah. Guests make a lot of calls to 911 about drunks fighting.

I mean, not all do. We've had weddings where people know their limits and are nice, polite and considerate.

But if you say anything to the violent drunks after the fact, like "that $500 charge is for the hole you punched in the wall" well, not them! They have money, class, etc.

Bingo.
Most people who are loaded have little idea how they are coming across to those who are not.

Edit: And I'm not necessarily talking about violence.
Just sloppy, slurring, and stupid behavior.
Most drinkers exhibiting this behavior don't realize that they are - and think that they are masking it.

Last edited:

Incomudro

Because Ive never seen full grown adults at WDW being completely rude or even cursing at CMs right in front of their children. Oh wait, I see it every trip. What I dont see is all the drunk people vomiting everywhere and causing fights that people here claim to see.

What is ridiculous is threads like this in which there is absolutely no evidence or even mention in the article that the woman was rampaging through the park, or even served in the park, yet people start up with their claims of, "Disney should stop serving alcohol", or "think about the children". Where is the concern for the children when a perfectly sober adult is berating a CM in front of children for something ridiculous? Or almost getting into a fist fight over spot to watch the fireworks. Again, things you can actually witness. Great behavior for children to witness. But alcohol wasnt involved so its ok?

I don't even understand what you are trying to say.
So, because some sober adults (and what if they weren't?) have yelled at some CM's in front of children - drunken behavior is ok?
You're linking unrelated topics.
Bad behavior is not ok if it doesn't involve alcohol. Is anyone defending that?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I don't even understand what you are trying to say.
So, because some sober adults (and what if they weren't?) have yelled at some CM's in front of children - drunken behavior is ok?
You're linking unrelated topics.
Bad behavior is not ok if it doesn't involve alcohol. Is anyone defending that?
The post that I originally responded to had said that they prefer Disney doesnt sell alcohol because people act like idiots and ruin it for children. I was simply pointing out that people act like idiots at WDW without alcohol and you actually see the type of behavior I was referring to far more often than you see a drunk person. So their point of "think of the children" is a bit selective, IMO. Its a fallacy of appealing to emotion.

MuteSuperstar

You would find Europe next-level depressing.

Eh doesn't really bother me, I try to avoid bars and booze-focused large gatherings anyway. You're right though, not fair to single out the US, though it seems we are a bit more juvenile/obnoxious about it. I just roll my eyes when I see 40-something friends getting as excited about binge drinking as they did when they were in high school.

Heppenheimer

It was bad.
After 1996, my next visit to Epcot didn't occur until 2008, and this was my first experience with the Food and Wine Festival. Especially later on in the evening, let's just say that the crowd was a little rowdier than I remembered from prior visits. Saw a guy puking into the lagoon, and I assumed the cause wasn't because he just rode Test Track or Mission Space.

I haven't seen anything that bad on subsequent trips, however. But I'm just one tiny data point.

Kingoglow

Eh doesn't really bother me, I try to avoid bars and booze-focused large gatherings anyway. You're right though, not fair to single out the US, though it seems we are a bit more juvenile/obnoxious about it. I just roll my eyes when I see 40-something friends getting as excited about binge drinking as they did when they were in high school.

Same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom