Another Bus Crash 4/3

fosse76

Nonsense. The monorail accident was the fault of an engineering services CM saying he did something that he had NOT done and giving the monorail permission to proceed in reverse.

Only partially. If the monorail pilot had been driving forward and NOT overriding the system that indicates that another train is nearby, AS PER DISNEY"S POLICY, the accident would have been prevented. It was a case of efficiency over safety.

peter11435

Only partially. If the monorail pilot had been driving forward and NOT overriding the system that indicates that another train is nearby, AS PER DISNEY"S POLICY, the accident would have been prevented. It was a case of efficiency over safety.
True. However had the engineering cast member not failed to do his job the accident would not have happened regardless of Disney's policy to move trains in reverse. It was a case of an individual not following proper protocol and another not paying attention to his surroundings.

lazyboy97o

Regardless of which way the train is being operated, the MAPO system is non existent on the switches. Only implementing MAPO to work with the switches would have prevented the system from being overridden. It would also have be better at sensing direction, so that Monorail Purple would not have been shut down and stuck on the beam, but instead able to reverse.

fosse76

True. However had the engineering cast member not failed to do his job the accident would not have happened regardless of Disney's policy to move trains in reverse. It was a case of an individual not following proper protocol and another not paying attention to his surroundings.

That's only the proximate cause of the accident. The ACTUAL cause was a monorail being driven in reverse. If it had been operated properly (i.e., forward) the accident would not have occurred.

peter11435

That's only the proximate cause of the accident. The ACTUAL cause was a monorail being driven in reverse. If it had been operated properly (i.e., forward) the accident would not have occurred.
No. That was the exact cause of the accident that took place that evening. You can argue about procedures all you want but the fact remains that unless someone did something incredibly stupid (as happened that night) the procedure to travel in reverse would not have caused an accident.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well, considering two of the last three accidents were CAUSED by the actions of Disney bus drivers, your doubt is incorrect. There was obviously something wrong with those two bus drivers.

An accident by it's very definition is caused by someone.

You've never don't something accidentally? Is there something wrong with you?

See your argument holds no water. Just because somebody had an accident does not make them flawed.

sublimesting

See your argument holds no water. Just because somebody had an accident does not make them flawed.

Actually, by definition an accident is an unseen or unplanned event.:D

fosse76

No. That was the exact cause of the accident that took place that evening. You can argue about procedures all you want but the fact remains that unless someone did something incredibly stupid (as happened that night) the procedure to travel in reverse would not have caused an accident.

You are completely wrong. The ACTUAL cause of the accident was a reversing monorail crashing into another train. The failure to switch beams was only a contributing factor. Granted, had it switched beams then the accident wouldn't have happened, but the failure alone to switch the beams was not what caused the accident. What caused the accident was driving the train in reverse. Had there been a pilot driving forward, he would have been able to stop and prevent an impact.

unkadug said:

See your argument holds no water. Just because somebody had an accident does not make them flawed. [/quote]

Are you really that thick? My comment was directed to a comment that there was nothing wrong with the bus system and that there was nothing wrong with the drivers. Since the two bus drivers in the two separate crashes were CHARGED, then obviously that statement about there being nothing wrong was false. Not to mention the numerous posts from people regarding the wrecklessness of some of the bus drivers. Just because someone has an accident doesn't meant they aren't at fault. Accidents by their nature are caused by carelessness.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Are you really that thick? My comment was directed to a comment that there was nothing wrong with the bus system and that there was nothing wrong with the drivers. Since the two bus drivers in the two separate crashes were CHARGED, then obviously that statement about there being nothing wrong was false. Not to mention the numerous posts from people regarding the wrecklessness of some of the bus drivers. Just because someone has an accident doesn't meant they aren't at fault. Accidents by their nature are caused by carelessness.

Yes, I guess I am THAT thick. I can only go by what you said and your argument was that since they had an accident, there was something wrong with them.

Your words...not mine. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom