Another “Save Disney” Campaign?

Mmoore29

Well that was a whole bunch of...nothing much at all. There's simply no ground for a revolt to come. So Chapek is quite secure in his position right now, unless he decides to quit. And I don't see that happening.

Ghost93

Well that was a whole bunch of...nothing much at all. There's simply no ground for a revolt to come. So Chapek is quite secure in his position right now, unless he decides to quit. And I don't see that happening.
It may be a case of Disney being too big to fail. It may have once been easy to Boycott Disney when it was just a small studio focusing on animation and children's films. But now Disney also has Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Fox and ESPN. Pretty much 90% of all major blockbusters come from Disney.

Notice how all of the controversies were overshadowed by the hype of the new Obi-Wan trailer?

Magenta Panther

OR maybe most people don't care about what blows up on Twitter.

As Dave Chapelle once said: "Twitter ain't real".

A "Save Disney" campaign would be better focused on park maintenance (broken yeti, etc.) and less price-gouging. But that kind of campaign won't happen either. Best thing to do, if something Disney distresses you is...not give it your money.

Me, I plan to spend some time this summer visiting all the awesome interactive art installations that have popped up all over the country, like Meow Wolf's "House of Eternal Return", "Seismique", "Factory Obscura" etc. They look a lot more fun and magical than the current Disney parks to me. And I hope to, someday soon, travel overseas to visit theme parks like Europa, Phantasialand, and Efteling. I DON'T plan on visiting any Disney park anytime soon. Because I've decided not to give Disney my money. For reasons...

IanDLBZF

A "Save Disney" campaign would be better focused on park maintenance (broken yeti, etc.) and less price-gouging. But that kind of campaign won't happen either. Best thing to do, if something Disney distresses you is...not give it your money.

An interesting idea from Twitter.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
With a current market cap of 234 Billion (ranked 34th in the world) Disney is in quite a different place, In 1984 the first Save Disney effort was to keep the company from being purchased and parted out by external companies, the second was different being an effort to replace Eisner who had become ineffective after Frank Wells died.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom