News Annual Passholder dining discount drops to 10% for 2018

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree. A lot of consumers realize the price of entertainment these days, and Disney is one of many places that are costly, but consumers choose to do it.. we could buck the whole system everywhere, and just stay home or pitch a tent in our backyards.

In the case disney parks...i hope we...the consumer...take control before the tent is the ONLY option from many clientele...

I sadly encounter many who were dyed in the wool multiple annual visit people who have rejected returning out right..
...and this is New Jersey...where everything costs too much and people are disney INSANE.

This isnt an isolated thing I'm prognosticating upon...

FullSailDan

Being a local has it's advantages like knowing where to go for an awesome meal and literally pay a quarter of the price you would inside the bubble ;)

Heck, anything on 192 is much more economical than the Mouse's grub.

Heck, I live a mile off 192 and wont eat on it except for two small hole in the wall places. There's literally nothing there but chain heaven and I won't waste my cash on that crap. We eat on property a couple times a year (ok, ok, fine... the waiters at California Grill know us by name....) but we're picky about what restaurants are worth the premium. In general I hate dining at hotels, but that's basically all of the decent quality around WDW unless you head to Dr. Phillips/

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Heck, I live a mile off 192 and wont eat on it except for two small hole in the wall places. There's literally nothing there but chain heaven and I won't waste my cash on that crap. We eat on property a couple times a year (ok, ok, fine... the waiters at California Grill know us by name....) but we're picky about what restaurants are worth the premium. In general I hate dining at hotels, but that's basically all of the decent quality around WDW unless you head to Dr. Phillips/

Agree...that Kissimmee area is kinda wasteland of bad chains...anything south of dr Phillips is basically an upcharged TGI FRIDAYS

21stamps

In the case disney parks...i hope we...the consumer...take control before the tent is the ONLY option from many clientele...

I sadly encounter many who were dyed in the wool multiple annual visit people who have rejected returning out right..
...and this is New Jersey...where everything costs too much and people are disney INSANE.

This isnt an isolated thing I'm prognosticating upon...

You’re not the only one. There’s 2 recent threads stating the same.
I say that people should venture outside of WDW, to other popular family “hot spots”. Come back and say if Disney food, entertainment, or ticket prices are out of line.

You may find that Disney isn’t so bad.. and bonus, where else can you vacation at a resort for a week and dress casual the entire time? Not having the expense of new cocktail attire? That is my fave thing about Disney by far.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You’re not the only one. There’s 2 recent threads stating the same.
I say that people should venture outside of WDW, to other popular family “hot spots”. Come back and say if Disney food, entertainment, or ticket prices are out of line.

You may find that Disney isn’t so bad.. and bonus, where else can you vacation at a resort for a week and dress casual the entire time? Not having the expense of new cocktail attire? That is my fave thing about Disney by far.

It's still the easiest/best place to go for many of we long timers...it's just not an exceptionally good value at this point and time...

I've slowed my travel there...started going other routes...but in no way have i eliminated it...yet.

In addition to the casual attire (though people take it too far...a $200 check shouldn't be combined with neon screenprinted custom T shirts...get a Tommy bahama for god's sake...)...I don't have to THINK there at all. Becuse i know the entire property from the service areas out like the back of my hand...

That's a big plus. But not an "invaluable" one.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Well I do enjoy Sakura ;)

I agree It's a haven for chains. Personally, I can't justify the price for the quality anymore at the parks. That's just me. I live in Windermere so I'd rather go somewhere in town or in Winter Garden etc and overpay (albeit less) for mediocrity than within the Disney bubble. Again that's just me. I know plenty of people that love Disney restaurants and will go eat there regardless of price.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well I do enjoy Sakura ;)

I agree It's a haven for chains. Personally, I can't justify the price for the quality anymore at the parks. That's just me. I live in Windermere so I'd rather go somewhere in town or in Winter Garden etc and overpay (albeit less) for mediocrity than within the Disney bubble. Again that's just me. I know plenty of people that love Disney restaurants and will go eat there regardless of price.
100% + upcharge on all on property restaurants in 15 years...I wonder just how many people understand that as a fact?

matt9112

But that's gone...as they increased the price of the rooms and limited the Windows to put the screws to it.

It will be back when there is a recession and igers pricing mess comes to full bear...

true I can say I sadly missed the golden age of WDW vacations due to age but I got a few good ones in!

still love the place but financially I need to make decisions.

Ragerunner

Thank goodness - my wife and kids wanted to eat at the parks to much because of the discount for food that not as good as panda express - i can now save money by eating outside the parks and having better food - thank you Disney

Tony the Tigger

You're giving Kissimmee/bubble area restaurants way too much credit by comparing them to TGI Fridays. I wouldn't eat at a Fridays if stamps was buying for the whole forum.

Apparently, you feel you deserve some kind of credit for that.

There are a million things to do in Florida while vacationing that don't involve WDW.

...and a million places to chat about same.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Apparently, you feel you deserve some kind of credit for that.

Uh, have you been drinking again?

...and a million places to chat about same.

Cry a little harder about it.

6634735_700b.jpg

21stamps

For all the people who leave the park to eat off property.. do you ever think about the time spent while doing so?

I’m not being snarky at all.. genuinely curious. My time is valuable, convenience outweighs saving a few dollars sometimes. Especially when I have so many dining options within walking or monorail or boat distance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For all the people who leave the park to eat off property.. do you ever think about the time spent while doing so?

I’m not being snarky at all.. genuinely curious. My time is valuable, convenience outweighs saving a few dollars sometimes. Especially when I have so many dining options within walking or monorail or boat distance.

I think that's more "leave for the day"...if you plan it out correctly, I can see the advantage in that. I don't think it's ever "I'm so hungry...we have to leave"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom