Annual Pass Rumors

mwhite93

Original Poster
Well they have until next Tuesday to be within August.
That’s very true, I just didn’t believe they’d wait until the very last day of the month.
And has there even been any rumblings of a roll out date or even what changes are coming??? I heard potentially getting rid of the gold pass?

Disstevefan1

The fact that they are still doing renewals seems to indicate they are not completely blowing up the model.
Perhaps not blow it up completely; just make it worse, if a platinum even still exists require park pass reservations, remove photopass, perhaps remove the monthly payment option for residents, reduce AP discounts and of course change more.

As I said, whatever we end up with, it will provide less and we will pay more...

nickys

Premium Member
Please - repeat after me....

If it is not for SALE? It does not exist. AP is dead. Would LOVE for Disney to prove me wrong.

Except that Disney have announced they will be available in time for the 50th.

And you can still renew, including upgrade or downgrade as you wish. And that people that fulfil certain criteria have been able to buy new ones.

mwhite93

Original Poster
I’m ultimately worried they’re going to get rid of the gold pass which would be super disappointing for DVC members

Hcalvert

Then it will continue till august 2022…and then goes to whatever if you renew
If they change the AP categories and benefits, I wonder if they will assign us to one of the new tiers that Martin was implying might be happening. That is my concern. It is in the fine print that they can change perks of the program at any time, so that is what will most likely happen. If the new AP tiers are like Disneyland, then I wonder where Platinum APs would fit. No matter, I don't plan on renewing again anyways.

tanc

In 2019 I remember AP having a substantial discount through Sam's club compared to the price at the time. It's a shame you now can only get them exclusively through the mouse and gamble if it's worth it or not since we don't know what they will come up with. In 2020, with my AP it was completely worth the discount (staying at pop for like $110 in August) but with these inflated prices, it's just not worth it anymore.

durangojim

I’m thinking they may get rid of parking. I received a survey in an email with this question:
We always stay on site so parking isn’t a deal breaker for us.
0DA224A4-DFCE-4E05-9CE7-0D2774861D24.jpg

Last edited:

Hcalvert

I’m thinking they may get rid of parking. I received a survey in an email with this question:
We always stay on site so parking isn’t a deal breaker for us.View attachment 583059
I wish they would send me a survey. We stay on site too so parking not included would not matter. I have yet to book under a passholder rate for a room since I rent DVC points instead. I notice that they have not included dining discounts as an option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom