News Annual Pass price increases June 2019

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don't knock it girl. Publix Chicken Tender subs are heaven on bread. During football season here in Jax they do one called the Jaguar that is comprised of chicken tenders, bacon, cheddar cheese, coleslaw, and barbecue sauce that might be right up your alley.

072564-600x600-A.jpg

http://www.publix.com/pd/jacksonville-jaguars-sub/BMO-DSB-518305

That sub also has actual jaguar meat....they get it when they deforest the Amazon for wood for the new Brazil pavillion at Epcot

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I had to call AP Guest services this morning about a renewal.

I have my nieces Annual Pass on my MDE account (she is 12 years old) and she travels with us often so I pay for her AP as long as she keeps her grades above B average. I renewed mine prior to the price increase but forgot to renew hers and it expired a few weeks ago.

I called AP Guest Services this morning to see what could be done. The CM was unable to renew hers at the pre-price increase amount. She was very polite and apologized for not being able to get the original price renewal. Instead of getting irate and demanding she make it happen, (since it was my mistake for not renewing on time), I told her thanks for trying and I would just renew it for the new price. She then told me she had a bit of "Disney magic" she could offer and she extended my nieces pass for three additional months since we have a trip booked for September. I gladly accepted her magic and thanked her for her kindness. I joked about how she has probly had to deal with a lot of angry people since the price increase and she said she has pretty much dealt with angry people on the phone since it all began. I reminded her that there are still people who understand that the CM's dont make these decisions and yelling at them isnt the way to go about it. We joked for a bit and before we hung up she told me she had just a bit of extra magic left and had extended my pass for three months as well so I would have the same renewal date as my niece.

I didnt save any money or get the lower price AP but I am completely satisfied with the results of the call. The CM was very polite and 2 AP's with 15 months for the price of 12 is not a bad deal, IMO. Im sure if I had made a big deal and got upset that there is a chance I could have gotten the lower price, but its not worth it to me. I gave the CM highest marks on the survey after the call.

yensid67

Too late. And it really kind of sucked.
View attachment 383067
I had THAT game was not impressed! More impressed with RCT Platinum! If Disney could make something to he equivalent they could make some bucks! With RCT Plat, I can build a Animal Kingdom and a Magic Kingdom INSPIRED. But there are no Disney buildings castle restaurants that can just be plopped down

erasure fan1

Well Disney is now getting into the type of price increases I have been expecting. The Disney price hike machine is almost comical at this point. We haven't been to Disney since 2015. Price hikes chased us away. We have a plan for next summer and an opportunity came up for 2021 as well. I figured, hey we can do an AP, that will take care of both years. Then Disney decided to take a dump all over that plan. Oh well, I've made my peace with the fact that next years trip might be last. More power to Disney, hopefully the much more well off than I continue to show up in droves. I can't wait to see what the regular tickets jump to. Maybe a 20, 30 maybe 40% increase. I actually would love to see a 50%, 60% or more increase. I just want to see if people will continue to go.

tirian

It's interesting that some cling to this notion of reducing the number of passholders, while several of our incredibly accurate inside sources have made it very clear that the objective is to increase the number of APs and simply drive their margins higher. For any who might be new around here, for those of us that have been on the site for two decades or so, these insiders are just that and provide such great information.

For those grounded in reality, it's simply profiteering. That's not how I run my business, but that's how The Walt Disney Company is run today. It all becomes an exercise in what you can tolerate. We had a vacation scheduled for November, which AP increases don't affect our situation, and after all of the news yesterday, it was enough. We stopped going for several years sickened by the endless cost increases across the board and as Kevin Yee's coined it, declining by degrees. We went back to WDW a year and a half ago, visited DL last year, and were set to go again, but this is the proverbial final straw for our household.

My company is on the retail and manufacturing side and the bloated cost for merchandise at WDW is beyond laughable. The majority of the toy and novelty segments have experienced relatively minimal pricing increases on the wholesale side and areas such as plush have seen declines over the past two decades. Coupled with increased purchasing power of large companies and their ability to squeeze suppliers, most product cost is nearly frozen in this category. What do we see in merchandising? An explosion in consumer cost on the retail side at Disney. It's all a joke.

It all comes down to what you will tolerate. I can't tolerate giving thousands of dollars for a six day trip to this company any longer. As @marni1971 has stated, EPCOT is dead. Shelling out the money to visit the corpse of what kept us coming back isn't happening. It almost feels dirty as to the extent of which the company is grotesquely taking our money. And to those who make the excuses, the same old wrap that's been on here for ages, "it's a business," "supply and demand," etc., we get it. There is a difference between profiteering and profiting. They chose a business plan fostered on the former and not the latter. Adults going crazy over the latest WDW cupcake on YouTube encapsulates it all. It's not about the magic of rides and attractions. It's about getting you in the door at a substantially inflated rate to have you purchase ridiculously overpriced merchandise and fast food at multiple star restaurant prices. And for us that go back some time with the company, it's like the Paul Pressler era on steroids. Are we headed to paid bathrooms? What about adding on an E-Ticket style system where you have to pay an additional fee to go on certain attractions? It seems absurd, but they've already proven that their apt at making the absurd happen.
Quoted for truth. For the first time since I left the company a couple years ago, I probably won’t renew my AP.

I’m too familiar with the actual costs, and I know they’re using the parks to boost disappointing movie profits*. I can’t justify thousands of dollars for mediocre food, half-closed parks, attractions that don’t operate at full capacity and inflate queue lengths, badly maintained rides, and significantly less entertainment than a decade ago. The hotel rates are obscene. Guest service is no longer the industry standard.

There are too many wonderful things I can experience throughout America and the world for me to keep rewarding Disney for lowering its standards and value. Looks like I’ll be going once every other year instead of multiple times annually.

*profits, not box office grosses

tirian

I had to call AP Guest services this morning about a renewal.

I have my nieces Annual Pass on my MDE account (she is 12 years old) and she travels with us often so I pay for her AP as long as she keeps her grades above B average. I renewed mine prior to the price increase but forgot to renew hers and it expired a few weeks ago.

I called AP Guest Services this morning to see what could be done. The CM was unable to renew hers at the pre-price increase amount. She was very polite and apologized for not being able to get the original price renewal. Instead of getting irate and demanding she make it happen, (since it was my mistake for not renewing on time), I told her thanks for trying and I would just renew it for the new price. She then told me she had a bit of "Disney magic" she could offer and she extended my nieces pass for three additional months since we have a trip booked for September. I gladly accepted her magic and thanked her for her kindness. I joked about how she has probly had to deal with a lot of angry people since the price increase and she said she has pretty much dealt with angry people on the phone since it all began. I reminded her that there are still people who understand that the CM's dont make these decisions and yelling at them isnt the way to go about it. We joked for a bit and before we hung up she told me she had just a bit of extra magic left and had extended my pass for three months as well so I would have the same renewal date as my niece.

I didnt save any money or get the lower price AP but I am completely satisfied with the results of the call. The CM was very polite and 2 AP's with 15 months for the price of 12 is not a bad deal, IMO. Im sure if I had made a big deal and got upset that there is a chance I could have gotten the lower price, but its not worth it to me. I gave the CM highest marks on the survey after the call.
You handled it the right way. I feel sorry for DRC CMs because they have no control over the bad decisions the execs make before leaving Disney for another exec position somewhere else.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I’m too familiar with the actual costs, and I know they’re using the parks to boost disappointing movie profits*. I can’t justify thousands of dollars for mediocre food, half-closed parks, attractions that don’t operate at full capacity and inflate queue lengths, badly maintained rides, and significantly less entertainment than a decade ago. The hotel rates are obscene. Guest service is no longer the industry standard.

But but but... it’s a business, why shouldn’t they do this?? *facepalm*

It’s sickening how so many people can’t see the decline right in front of them and until it reaches THEIR breaking point everyone who speaks up is some out of touch person with distorted nostalgia glasses in their view.

To me the decline in guest standards and services is the biggest slap in the face.

I’m in Hilton Head right now at a “resort” and I enjoyed a relaxing evening out next to a lagoon... in cabanas around the lagoon with fire pits... cushioned loungers... and hammocks just around for guests to enjoy the outdoors. Something as simple as that seems completely foreign anymore at disney’s “deluxe” resorts... let alone their moderates which is more like the price point I’m at here. And I’m right on the ocean... something Disney’s own property here isn’t...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom