Annual Pass Inquires

palmage

Disney's e-mail is so SNAFU'd
I've been complaining to them for years that I don't any passholder emails.
They look and say I'm in the system, but nothing comes out.

Just go to any guest relations window at the parks and request a new pass.
I probably go through 3 a year.
No charge.

Captain Hank

I'm afraid that I can only answer the first question. Guest Relations will issue you a replacement pass free of charge. You simply have to present a photo ID at the Guest Relations window.

slappy magoo

I suspect, if your pass is bent out of shape, it'd be faster and easier for you to actually bring it with you when you go to Guest Services and request a replacement. Because it'll already have your passholder ID number on it, it's one less step, they won't have to look up infor based on your name (which they may have misspelled) or anything else. Show 'em the old pass, your license, and you'll probably be out a whole lot faster.

mamielynn

Funny, I always get two copies of the Passholder emails. I think my mom used my email address one time and now I get it twice. If you go into the passholder section on the Walt Disney World website there is an option to sign up for the newsletters and such.

palmage

Funny, I always get two copies of the Passholder emails. I think my mom used my email address one time and now I get it twice. If you go into the passholder section on the Walt Disney World website there is an option to sign up for the newsletters and such.
I'm signed up!!! Verified it a million times, Disney verified it a million time.
I still get nothing.
Nobody knows why.................

Peaches Magee

yeah we just bought our passes last month and since they are just like paper tickets we asked what happened if we lost them or whatever, they said just bring you IDs tot he window and you can get another one any time.

Anyone know why they went to paper tickets?
When I had my pass like 10 years ago It was a hard card with my picture printed on it. We had to go to a separate office for it. I am guessing this was too time consuming and costly. But made having to care for the card alot easier. thought I suppose they were dated also once the fasspass went into a effect and couldnt be used on it like the tickets can, Ok just realized I just answered my own question... thanks. hehe

Valawen9

Are they going into your spam folder?

I never get any emails either, but I think mine do go into my spam folder which kind of sucks because I automatically empty that folder everytime I sign on. If I don't I'll have like 300 messages, and I'm not about to go through each and every one of those.

AEfx

It's a crap-shoot.

I don't automatically renew my AP, I often let 3-4 months lapse before I buy a new one (the savings on renewal is never worth the time I'd loose), so I have to go through the whole process each time.

Sometimes Mickey Monitor comes just fine during my AP period, and sometimes I never get it all year. On my last AP (before my current one) I didn't get one until the month my pass expired.

Email is even more peculiar. This last time they sure got it though - I recieve three copies of every passholder email, every time, since I bought my current AP, LOL.

For a company that is so with-it in other areas, I am often amazed at how inefficent two seemingly simple things are. Just like the DDE card amazes me - Rosa (is she still there?) is a dear woman, and great to work with, but all the hassle stems around the fact that the cards seem to be hand-lettered in some remote country and hand delivered by blind monkeys who must travel on foot. It baffles me why it takes so long when my bank can get me an embossed credit card in 48-72 hours, or any Disney resort can make up a printed card in an instant (not as nice as embossed but better than the "letter" they make you carry around).

Bah, but they do everything else so well, it slides...and, of course, passholders are never going to be a priority at WDW like they are at Disneyland. That's just a fact of the different population and culture of passholders on the different coasts.

Oh, and Valawen9 - not sure who you use for email, but most will not mark a message as SPAM if you add the address to your book. disneyworld@vacation.disneyworld.com seems to be where most Disney mail comes from, at least the stuff I get.

Good luck!

AEfx

darthjohnny

Any help with the following questions would be appreciated.
  • My Annual Pass is all bent and out-of-shape. If I tell Guest Relations that I "lost" my pass, how much would a replacement cost? Also, when would I receive it?
  • I'm not sure whether or not the newest issue of the Mickey Monitor has been sent out yet, but if it has, I have yet to receive it. What should/can I do?
  • I heard of an e-mail being sent out to Annual Passholders regarding the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor Passholder Preview. I never received that e-mail (or any other e-mail for that matter). How can I go about signing up for Passholder e-mails?
Thanks in advance. :)

1. I'm sure you can replace it with the bent one at Guest Relations and they'll print you up a new one.
  2. I've had that same thing happen to me once. I never got the November issue. If you've recieved the February issue, you're fine. The Monitor is sent out four times a year: February, May, August, and November. If you haven't recieved it, you can download current issue online, or write to Passholder relations, and they'll send you one in the mail.
  3. I think you can sign up for the E-mail right from the passholder website.
Hope that helps.:wave: :)

WDWFigment

Adding to your address book should do the trick, but you should also have white list in your spam quarantine. It may not be called that, but it basically is a spot for you to enter email addresses that are not to be marked as SPAM. I work in IT at my school and you'd be surprised at how many people are actually getting the messages 'they never get'...

kal1484

It's a crap-shoot.

I don't automatically renew my AP, I often let 3-4 months lapse before I buy a new one (the savings on renewal is never worth the time I'd loose), so I have to go through the whole process each time.
AEfx

Just an FYI, I renewed my pass, it was up the 11th, but when I turned in the vouchers, the new passes expire the 19th! So you can renew it, but not turn in the vouchers until you go.

Frank Stallone

Any help with the following questions would be appreciated.

• My Annual Pass is all bent and out-of-shape. If I tell Guest Relations that I "lost" my pass, how much would a replacement cost? Also, when would I receive it?

• Feel free to bring your current annual pass with you. It makes it a quicker and easier process for us to reissue your pass if you have your current one with you. Granted, you're only saving an extra minute or two at the most, that still could be a minute or two less waiting in line for something! And there will be no cost for the replaced pass.

Also, a couple reasons why the plastic tickets were replaced with paper:

1. Surprisingly, the plastic tickets would be demagnetized or would have the magnetic strip damaged easier than the current paper tickets. Considering there are many more paper tickets distributed currently than plastic tickets (generally distributed for Disney Store tickets, as well as Mail Order tickets), the percentage of plastic tickets that must be replaced is surprisingly high.

2. Cost. Pretty obvious it's less expensive to print out paper tickets rather than paper.

GoofyMom2

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who never gets any AP Emails or Mickey Monitors.....well, you know what I mean.... :hammer:

I was actually thinking of asking about this on here......will be giving them a shout as I got my AP in Sept and have heard Nada since.....

jasondiff

Also, a couple reasons why the plastic tickets were replaced with paper:

1. Surprisingly, the plastic tickets would be demagnetized or would have the magnetic strip damaged easier than the current paper tickets. Considering there are many more paper tickets distributed currently than plastic tickets (generally distributed for Disney Store tickets, as well as Mail Order tickets), the percentage of plastic tickets that must be replaced is surprisingly high.

2. Cost. Pretty obvious it's less expensive to print out paper tickets rather than paper.

Why do the plastic tickets Disney uses so easily demagnetize while credit cards, etc. which probably get much more use do not?

LucyintheSky

Those paper tickets drive me mad. Although, they are easy to replace. But for some reason, mine kept getting demagnatized like every other day. It wasn't even in my wallet. It was in it's holder, in a separte little carrier. Anyway, I, up until recently, went to Epcot nearly every day, and so it got to be tiring waiting in line going through security, only to have my ticket not work, then have to go wait in line at the ticket window, get a new one, then wait through security again. That happened like 3 times just in one week. Several times I almost missed the British Invasion show I was going to see because of that. ARgh! But the last one I had seemed better, it actually lasted a couple months!

AEfx

Just an FYI, I renewed my pass, it was up the 11th, but when I turned in the vouchers, the new passes expire the 19th! So you can renew it, but not turn in the vouchers until you go.

Either they have *very* recently changed their policy, or you are one lucky duck. I'll have to give them a call before my next renewal. According to most websites and Disney information I have gotten previously, they stopped doing this years ago.

Thanks for the info!

AEfx

AEfx

Why do the plastic tickets Disney uses so easily demagnetize while credit cards, etc. which probably get much more use do not?

I believe it has to do with the "on-demand" nature, versus a credit card which is produced in a factory instead of a small, portable machine. Kind of like the difference between a pressed CD and a CD-R (one will last much longer than the other).

Now I may be completely wrong; anyone with better info please feel free to correct me.

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom