Annual Pass discounts?

Epcot4ME

Any clue when they will announce the new AP discount to replace the current one which expire on August 23rd?

I'm taking the wife for our 10th anniv. and will arrive on the 28th of August...we are staying in the Contemporary. I was mulling over adding an extra day if the AP discounts came out.

Is there a newsletter which goes with the AP?

Thanks for any insight!

Epcot4ME

gjpjtj

I have been watching and waiting for the same thing. Someone told me a while back to look for them in the middle of July, but still no discounts!

I usually check www.mousesavers.com , I believe they will post them as soon as they are available.:)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there I was just speaking to Disney yesterday. As per the young lady I was talking to the AP discounts would be coming out "soon". Last year the AP discounts came out about July 26th or so, so I Am looking foward to them coming about shortly!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Epcot4ME

Original Poster
I check mousesavers several time a day at this point. It's good to hear that the discounts should be out soon.

After going to DW *many* times since 1976, I finally took the plunge and got an Annual Pass this past May in anticipation of our trip next month. I wanted to stay in the Contemporary for this trip and am counting on the discount for that extra day!!

We usually stay in the All-star hotels so this will be a treat for the wife. We're leaving the daughter with her grandparents on this trip!

Epcot4ME

Upvote 0

Epcot4ME

Original Poster
>>>
That just sounds mean!!<<<<

She's been there twice in the last 7 months and frankly, didn't seem to catch the magic of it. (Though she really enjoyed having her photo taken with Queen Amidala at MGM) She's almost eight now. We are going to try to bring one of her girl friends along next time so she'll have someone to share the experience with. When I was a teenager, having a friend along made all the difference!

She's an only child (so far!) so I think that may make a difference.

Come on discounts!!!

Epcot4ME

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

Is anyone else starting to get nervous?

My reservations have been made, and I have received a Disney Club discount, but it sure would be nice to get a better one with the annual pass!

Doesn't this seem really late?:confused:

Upvote 0

Tron

Originally posted by gjpjtj
Is anyone else starting to get nervous?

My reservations have been made, and I have received a Disney Club discount, but it sure would be nice to get a better one with the annual pass!

Doesn't this seem really late?:confused:

Definitely getting nervous. I'm planning nine nights at the Polynesian, and there's really no way I can swing that without the AP discount.

Upvote 0

kverdon

Aye it seems that they are waiting until the last minute. We booked the last day of the "get 7 for 4" deal that ran till June 29th. Seemed a bit of a waste as the deal included admission but it got us into Boardwalk. Worst case scenario it they don't post AP rates for Sept, I guess is we'll use the extra admission ticket for more Fast Pases :animwink:

Upvote 0

Epcot4ME

Original Poster
Nervous isn't the word! Hysterical is more like it!

I'm OK if they don't post discounts, but it will cut into the spending money at the parks....

I spoke with someone at Central Reservations last week and they said it was surprising that the discounts were not out yet.

It did seem odd to me that they advertised the AP discount which expires in a couple of weeks in the AP quarterly flyer....

The main reason I bought an AP this past May was so we could get the discounts. We have been going to the parks three or more times a year lately so it was worth it.

Mousesavers.com HAD said they were due any minute and then quietly retracted the comment. I hope that Disney isn't planning to cancel the discounts.

Epcot4ME

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

Okay, here's a question for people who have used their annual passes to get discounts before.

My full payment on my room only reservation is due on August 15th, if I pay in full that day, and the AP discounts come out after that, will they still apply the AP code?

Upvote 0

Epcot4ME

Original Poster
They told me at Central Reservations that I could apply my AP discount when ever it came out. I always prepay the rooms 'cause I don't want to fool with that when I get to the hotel.

Though I'm leaving either on the 27th of Aug or the 28th (depending on the discounts) and time is getting short!

:lookaroun

Upvote 0

enough

I made the call this AM ( about an hour ago ) and still no AP rates beyond 8/23. The CM who took my call said I should call back about once a week and in the meantime check out a site called mousesavers.com :lol: I found that amusing...

I wonder if it's SOP to direct callers to mousesavers.com when they ask about AP rates?

Upvote 0

Bongo

:( I too wait anxiously for the AP discount. After the cruise I'll be doing Aug 30 to September 6, I want to stay at Coronado.

Hope this discount will kick in soon... We spend enough money there that little extra help would be quite welcomed.

Let's keep the finger crossed.

:slurp:

Upvote 0

marypoppins68

Originally posted by gjpjtj
Okay, here's a question for people who have used their annual passes to get discounts before.

My full payment on my room only reservation is due on August 15th, if I pay in full that day, and the AP discounts come out after that, will they still apply the AP code?

I did something similar to that once. I had booked a room at full price and had already paid the deposit. About 2-3 weeks before going Disney came out with Florida resident rates for when I was going to be staying. It was a big discount over full price. I called and the agent booked me a new room with the discount and then transferred my deposit over to the new reservation. Once she was sure it had transferred and the new reservation was fine she cancelled the original reservation. I was able to add on an extra 2 nights with the discount. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom